Why are my tires rubbing ????

coolioni

I have 15" stock wheels on my 720 4x4.

I have read in several places you can put 30x9.5x15" without them rubbing.

The tires that were on the truck when I bought it were also the same size and they did not rub at all.

Well last week I bought new Bridgestone Legacy A/T 30x 9.5 x 15's and sure eneough these tires rub a but when I cut the wheel either way at a certain spot.

On one of the websites it even goes to say that you can put the 31/x 10x15 and they will rub just a little bit.

So what do any of you guys think may be causing the problem ?

I did notice these tires do have alot of tread on them and the tread seems to stick up pretty high.

so any help would be great.

I have looked into lift kits , and I found one that I want to say is a 3" lift that says it will not change any of the trucks geometry or characteristics as far as tipping and handling.

Should I look into the lifty kit which is only $130 bucks , or is there any other adjustments I may be able to make at a lesser cost ?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 X 9.50s should just fit. Where is it rubbing? It it sitting with the front a little lower than the back? If, so the torsion bars can be adjusted to bring it up more level. This will raise the body and frame an inch or more and might give the necessary clearance you need.

suspension age can be a factor also the older your truck gets and the more use the more it sags, kinda like tittys. Also like the tittys GET A LIFT its cheap well the one for your truck is atleast.

suspension age can be a factor also the older your truck gets and the more use the more it sags, kinda like tittys. Also like the tittys GET A LIFT its cheap well the one for your truck is atleast.

Silicone Airbags :lol:

I will try the tyorsion bar thing first.

It seems to be rubbing at the fenders when I turn the wheel kind of sharp, besides that it does not rub.

I dont understand why I just changed out the tires . I kept them the same size , just a different brand.

Maybe it was becuase the new tires have alot more tread than the older ones ?

They have a lift kit for about $160 I found on the net.

I wonder how much it would cost to have someone install it ?

It is definatly out of my league as far as my mechanical skills !