What grinds your gears?!

tj drivers on the freeway cause they drive dangerously slow and in tj they drive just plain retarded... was just coming from del mar horse races in my girls jetta and after i passed his civic he decides to go one on one so i left him way behind.. damn, sorry for the long rant

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okayfine's posts on the510realm...

------------------------------------

:lol::lol::lol: Too friggin' much! :lol::lol::lol: Ha ha ha ha ha :D .... ha........ h ...! Ok, better now. I think he likes to do this...............

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/nondatsun/RagontheNOOB.jpg[/img]"]RagontheNOOB.jpg

The name change started in 1982, and became final in 1985 when they stopped using the datsun/nissan badging...

^

Know-it-alls... :D :fu:

(me for instance, although I know little, I tend to share it a little too much...)

November '82 was the last month that Datsun by Nissan badges were installed on the 720 fenders. This would make it about 3 months into the '83 model year. After this date they were badged only with Nissan. I'm not positive but I think 2wd 720s after Nov. '82 had Nissan on the front grill and only 4X4 if it was a 4X4. ??

:lol: OK! Its a damn good thing the moderators in this forum are pretty lax.

What grinds my gears:

Having to tear down a Toyota 22re (apparently one of the most reliable motors around) for the 3rd time in 2 years to machine a warped head. It popped a coolant hose on a -15 degree night and its never been the same since. :mad:

Toyota owners thinking their 22R or 22RE is just the baddest ass motor around, and the most reliable. The only reason it's the most reliable is because they make about as much horsepower as a stock L16, despite being a 2.4 liter.

And everyone claiming, I have 300,000,000 miles on my engine and it runs great. Except they never accelerate above 1/4 throttle, never tow, never actually USE the damn thing, they just putt around needing all the horsepower of a golf cart.

Oh wait, another one! The Datsun owner of a 75 620 convertible former show truck who comes in to NAPA to ask advice, ignores it, then proceeds to tell me how great his truck is and it's not only rusty, but has a stock Hitachi carb on it. ( A 20 footer at best, though originally was done nicely.) Then proceeds to tell me as we're talking about performance that it beats up on everything, and I explain, no it doesn't, my 510 would eat it for lunch. But it handles better, I have 5000 into suspension! (Look under truck, torsion bars and stock leaf springs.) So I ask, "Where?" Well it'll take just about everything off the line, not that I race. Yeah, not my 510. Oh, I bet it will. Yeah, not even close. (Gets into a huff and leaves at that point) I neglected to explain the inner workings of the internal combustion engine to him and how carburetion and airflow worked.

Boy, I have a lot of these! Today, this wasn't so annoying as funny:

"Thanks for calling NAPA, what can I do for you?"

"Yeah, I need an alternative."

"....okay... an alternative what?"

"Isn't there a part on a car called an alternative?"

"Noooo. There's a part called an alternator though."

"Oh, yeah, that's it."

:D

No offense to the women members. The fact you are here shows that you took the intrest to learn about your rides and would know better. Good on you! BTW there are guys like this too. Cars are getting to the point that they are almost impossible to fix yourself. In less than a generation we'll all be saying " dunno, red I think"

What grinds me?

RTV applied like peanut butter with a knife to timing cover, tranny case valve cover... whatever. Have to look carefully to be sure I'm not looking at a SBC. No excuse for this.

Edited by datzenmike

i think what grinds my gears the most is the look on guys faces when i tell them i work on my own vehicles... i don't know if they think i can't do it or not but it irritates me. like when i worked at an auto shop in yucaipa i was filling in for the lead mechanic because his son died and this arrogant ass brings his truck in and asks to see the mechanic on duty so i asked him what was wrong and he said it wasn't something i should be so concerned with and asked me if i had filing to do!!!! luckily i had a really cool boss that heard the whole thing and ever so nicely told this man where to drive his heap. turns out he just needed to put a quart of oil in and the noise stopped... :mad:

sorry that went on forever...;) but i feel much better now thanks!:lol:

when people blow my cell phone up....shit if i wasnt busy id answer it...the ones who call all day youd think theyd figure it out..................................

maybe hes busy or maybe he left the damn thing at home or in the car......

i agree, for fucks sake leave a message i wont check and ill call u back later lol...

People who sell datsun parts over double what they are worth, thinking their ass is sitting on gold. bish plz :rolleyes:

Oh, and Phirus

he grinds my gears cuz he was all gun ho about shit then bailed. I bet he bought 87 civic....

i agree, for fucks sake leave a message i wont check and ill call u back later lol...

People who sell datsun parts over double what they are worth, thinking their ass is sitting on gold. bish plz :rolleyes:

Oh, and Phirus

he grinds my gears cuz he was all gun ho about shit then bailed. I bet he bought 87 civic....

:lol::lol::lol: He is a quitter too I guess.

People who sell datsun parts over double what they are worth, thinking their ass is sitting on gold. bish plz :

hey now its not my fault he had too much money to spend lol ssshhhhh lol

not making it to blue lake because iam in Montana

people telling me how to build my truck, people trying to rush me to finish my truck so they can use it as a truck, ITS MY FUCKING TRUCK. I am not building it to be used as a truck, why can't people see that this is a piece of history, if you want a damn work truck go buy a damn toyota, (nothing wrong with toyota) but leave my datsun alone, if this shit keeps up I am just gonna send it to the crusher.....

END RANT!!

Disclaimer: This isn't directed to anybody on this board, more towards a member of my family, sorry had to vent.

dont send it to the crusher, thisismatt wants a 521 :D

i have too much money in it to get what i want, plus i wouldnt send another one to its untimely death like that, worse comes to worse, i will just push it into the field

I feel you bugeye... They tell me stuff like this. When are you going to fix it? The Datsun is not worth the effort, buy a real classic! Why not put a rb26 engine? Too much trash talking I say..... I cant finish it cus I have no money its that simple...

I have the money, my problem is the time. being a full time student takes all of it away. the way my mom thinks is since I wrecked my 620 its my responseablilty (sp?) to use the "hot rod" as I call it to haul shit to the dump, they need a truck so bad but yet wont sell the pos toyota motor home that will never get worked on, or the pos van they blew up (seems I have to spend my money on the engine she blew up) to get a running work truck, funny thing is she got all pissed off when i told her im taking the L20 to school to have it sent to the machine shop, using my car, that I traded off my rare galant for, using the trunk....sometimes I wonder why I even moved back home or even got of the Navy to begin with....sorry for the rant again