KA24de ECU draining battery

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My ecu stays on when the car is off and drains battery. Any suggestions on where I can tap into that has power at START, ON, and crank. Thanks.

you can run it straight into the ignition switch, thats what i did. Or wire up a relay. a volt meter is handy.

The injector wires (red, also memory for ecu) should have all time power the black w/white (in the KA harness) should be switched with the key. I bet that is your problem.

The injector wires (red, also memory for ecu) should have all time power the black w/white (in the KA harness) should be switched with the key. I bet that is your problem.

is it that bad to kill power to the ecu and have no memory?

straight into the ignition switch??????????

How about the blk/wht wire th powers the coil. That would be the correct way instead of hacking up a keyswitch wiring

Whats wrong with splicing into the ignition switch wires? I've been running that for like a year now and no problems. The ecu doesn't draw that many amps. And we are talking about the "ignition switch on" power and not the constant right?

hmm. the ecu memory and injectors have power all the time, wont that eventually drain battery?

not if you drive your car regularly :)

That's how Nissan does it from the factory. My guess would be that the ECU memory takes about the same amount of power as a CD player memory. My truck is hooked up that way, even if I don't drive it for months the battery is fine.

• 4 weeks later...

The memory is only needed to store error codes, and some short term fuel trims, etc. There is a wire designated for constant +12v (battery) that handles powering it for that.

The actual guts of the ECU are hard-programmed on an EPROM.

PM me with your email address and I can send you the Engine control section from a 1995 240sx FSM. its all in there.