Wagoon race car project

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

VERY KOOL PROJECT!!!! This is really neat, where are you gonna race this? I'm working on my 510 2 door race car over the winter too. I'm shooting for a Mid-March dead line. I'll be posting pics. of my project soon as well.

12 gallon fuel cell, good for an hour at race pace plus a gallon or two extra. Most sprints are 25 minutes, but I like doing a few 1-2 hour enduros when the opportunity arises. My local tracks are in Central and Northern California; Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, Sears Pt, and Thunderhill. We also get down to SoCal and Arizona every once in a while, and I hope to trek up to Oregon some time soon. We might not make the February test & tunes, but we'll have My Lil' Red Wagon on the track by Spring.

12 gallon fuel cell, good for an hour at race pace plus a gallon or two extra. Most sprints are 25 minutes, but I like doing a few 1-2 hour enduros when the opportunity arises. My local tracks are in Central and Northern California; Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, Sears Pt, and Thunderhill. We also get down to SoCal and Arizona every once in a while, and I hope to trek up to Oregon some time soon. We might not make the February test & tunes, but we'll have My Lil' Red Wagon on the track by Spring.

If I ever take my project to the track, big if, I was thinking Thunderhill given the lack of walls to hit (so ive been told). What are your opinions on beginner tracks?

What are your opinions on beginner tracks?

The best track for beginners is one that has a good school or track day program. Good instructors, strict passing rules, driver comraderie, those are the most important things for your first couple times out on a track. The track layout won't mean much until you've been out a few times. Then things like ARMCO barriers, blind rises, and decreasing radius off-camber turns will make you sweat ;-) Buttonwillow is a good school track, Infineon is a tough one.

Door bars and fuel cell cradle are done. Time to start on paint and plumbing...

There's gonna be quite a few Datsuns at this weekends VARA-U event at Buttonwillow Raceway. I'll be instructing as well as pitcrewing for a buddy doing some testing on his 510. Hope to see a few Ratsuns out there as well...

2010-02-01-016-Small.jpg

2010-02-01-020-Small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...