New to the site

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Welcome.

Nice to know you enjoy your Datsun. You are right, military is no reason why not enjoy a nice Datsun. When at service, park it at home, it will await your return like mans best friend. Indeed, man's best friend is a Datsun.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

And yes I am going into the Army. Why should going into the Army stop me from getting a car? I got the car to drive and enjoy and right now it drives like a champ so I'm not quite sure why you would said "why even bother with getting a car."?

I was in the Airforce.!!!!!!!in Germany.. I too was going to buy a 510 before going in the service.Whos going to take care of it? Where to store it. Outside to rot/get stolen ,sell it later ectt.........

Things change quickly then before you know it your stationed in Germany have different friends and thinking and then youll see real cars Cheap and need money to get a Car there.

I did. believe me its going to ba a hassle and buy the time you get back from 4 yrs in the service it will be rotton under a tree.

If you plan to take it overseas then parts are a proplem. If the locals even alow you to put in on the road as they do inspections for Rust and such. Its a pain!!!!!!!!!! and thats if the CO alows you to have a car. If station state side its maybe EZer but take advantage of the Service and TRAVEL the world and see many places as possible. Personally Overseas asignments are the best. Esp in Europe. Fuck Ft Lewis and MCCord AFB who would want to get stationed there? I guess better than Ft Hood texas.

Also take the hardest job you can learn in the Army and then some so when you get out you can get paid a living wage.Where you can support your hobbies

Im just telling you from experience. It could save you alot of trouble.

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

Its nice seeing it drive also But just being real here.

Is this his only car???????? If yes hes already going down the wrong road. Army doesnt just let you have a few cars parked all over the place. It nice have 20years of parts lying around in my garage Oh I have one here. Im just saying Army lifestyle is going to be hard supporting this car

Plus if he hits Iraq and Afganistan running for ones life believe me a 510 isnt going to be my top priority. Hel'l be selling that 510 to Buy Schmidt an Bender 4x14power Scope for the M14 hes going to get issued.

ok enough already

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

First off I wanted to say thanks for all the good words. I appreciate them. I'll try and take as many pictures of my dime as possible so I can share them with you. Currently I am looking for fender flares and tryin to figure out what front lip I want to run.

I'll try and get some shots of Roscoe (the dime) in action on the track as well.

As far as the wheels go, I'll let you guys know when they go up for sale.

Don't forget about those screws you need. You don't want to lose the lenses!

Hahaha thnks Jo!! Funny thing is though, I was leaving the park after those pictures and it fell out!!! Luckily it bounced and went under the car and not under the wheels. Got new screws in them now though.

Welcome.

Nice to know you enjoy your Datsun. You are right, military is no reason why not enjoy a nice Datsun. When at service, park it at home, it will await your return like mans best friend. Indeed, man's best friend is a Datsun.

This is true. When my cousin got back from Iraq he put in a new batt primed that bitch and she fired right up like he never left. Datsun's seem much happier when they are pushed.

Its nice seeing it drive also But just being real here.

Is this his only car???????? If yes hes already going down the wrong road. Army doesnt just let you have a few cars parked all over the place. It nice have 20years of parts lying around in my garage Oh I have one here. Im just saying Army lifestyle is going to be hard supporting this car

Plus if he hits Iraq and Afganistan running for ones life believe me a 510 isnt going to be my top priority. Hel'l be selling that 510 to Buy Schmidt an Bender 4x14power Scope for the M14 hes going to get issued.

ok enough already

I do appreciate the concern, but it is not a concern for me nor should it be a concern for anyone else. When I go to basic the Datsun already has a CC'ed Garage that it will stay in.

I'm not some inexpierenced kid that doesnt know that a Datsun needs alot of care to stay in shape. I was raised around Datsun's. The car will be VERY well taken care while I am gone and like jaimesix said it will be waiting for me when I come home. I dont think I am going down the wrong road at all.

Again I do appreciate the concern about the car but to be honest the way you worded you're concern prolly wasnt the best. Learn a little bit about a person and their situation before you light them up about about making the wrong move, because I have yet to see how I have made a wrong move.

Oh and I do not sell cars to buy gun stuff, I sell guns to buy car stuff. I also wouldnt sell my Datsun for a S&B scope, not a big fan of their scopes (and yes I do know about scopes) I would rather use a Swarovski or Leupold.

Also most likely will not be using the M14 much. I'll most likely be using an M4 or manning a M242 25mm chainfed bushmaster.

Welcome and nice 510

Just fog it down real good and dry store, before you leave for the service.

Thank you in advance :)

The Datsun will be well taken care off while I am off in basic or over seas.

Again I do appreciate the concern about the car but to be honest the way you worded you're concern prolly wasnt the best. Learn a little bit about a person and their situation before you light them up about about making the wrong move, because I have yet to see how I have made a wrong move.

I do know 510 people!!!!!!!!

I read this book before!

I do know 510 people!!!!!!!!

I read this book before!

Glad to see you can read.

I've had Datsun's since I was little. I was raised on them. The car will be INDOORS while I'm gone. Please tell me how I'm doing the wrong thing.

Please tell me how I'm doing the wrong thing.????????

OK.

Well next I would fix that voltage reg connector.

get those vintage connectors and reinsert them into the plastic connector

Okay, I do understand what you're saying about military guys owning Datsun's cause I have seen firsthand with a buddy who is in Iraq now, but my situations happen to be a bit different. I have a garage I can park my Datsun in as long as I need to. My dad would never let a good Datsun die out, it will be parked in the garage right next to his 68 Datsun Roadster. Hell he will mostlikely work on it and I know FOR SURE he'll drive it

I do understand the concern though and I appreciate it.

As far as the voltage regulator goes it's one of the things on my todo list. There's some wiring that need's to be cleaned up and corrected plus I want to replace a bunch of seals and such.

Do you know where I could get the right connector for it?

I have a few but there still attached to the harnesses I have and dont want to separate.

You could find a 521(use same rectangle connector) that maybe is hacked up in a Junk yard and cut the connector off with some extra wire to know the color codes and go to the Vintageconnector(or vintage jap connector) site that someone recently posted and crimp on new ends and insert them.

I use a some tweezers or maybe a straight Dental pick and try pushing on the clip part while pulling the wire it should come out. and reinstall the new ones in where they came out one at a time.

Or another thing you can do is get a Internal regulated Alternator and just jumper(short together) the blkwht with the red/wht and the white with the yellow and the other wires You dont need and not have a volt reg there and just tape them up and hide them so it looks nice and neat.

I still use the External Alternators as I have about 2/3 new alternators and might has well use them up first.

lol... took a while for someone to notice the wiring on this car. The wiring is not the best of shape... but it works for now, and its been working in its current state for a LONG time, since before Erick owned it! Poor drew has his work cut out for him, even after all the time I spent fixing things... my main concern at the time was making the non-working (and not always working), just work. Its a 68 harness which is hard enough to find, and even though the volt reg connector is the same none of the others are (far as I know).

I have a few but there still attached to the harnesses I have and dont want to separate.

You could find a 521(use same rectangle connector) that maybe is hacked up in a Junk yard and cut the connector off with some extra wire to know the color codes and go to the Vintageconnector(or vintage jap connector) site that someone recently posted and crimp on new ends and insert them.

I use a some tweezers or maybe a straight Dental pick and try pushing on the clip part while pulling the wire it should come out. and reinstall the new ones in where they came out one at a time.

Or another thing you can do is get a Internal regulated Alternator and just jumper(short together) the blkwht with the red/wht and the white with the yellow and the other wires You dont need and not have a volt reg there and just tape them up and hide them so it looks nice and neat.

I still use the External Alternators as I have about 2/3 new alternators and might has well use them up first.

Once upon I time I used to have a good set of depin tools....once upon a time.

I was thinking about using a IR alternator like we did on the last dime I had. Thanks for the heads up on the vintageconnector place, I know the PAP yard by my house had a few older datsun trucks I'll have to check it out.

lol... took a while for someone to notice the wiring on this car. The wiring is not the best of shape... but it works for now, and its been working in its current state for a LONG time, since before Erick owned it! Poor drew has his work cut out for him, even after all the time I spent fixing things... my main concern at the time was making the non-working (and not always working), just work. Its a 68 harness which is hard enough to find, and even though the volt reg connector is the same none of the others are (far as I know).

Yea just a bit, luckily I dont have to go at alone. My roommate and I can do sections at a time. Everything works except a few small things like the temp guage but thats cause its not hooked up. So yea I've got my work cut out for me but I look forward to it.

Ck the wire diagram for a 68 as the colors I said, the wires to SHORT OUT might be slightly different on a 68 compared to the later 70/72 versions.

I believe they might even have a different volt reg connecter type that I only remeber back in my youth and it was different. But if you make it a IR type ck. If not just use the Plug you get at junk yard and wire in one wire at a time as you have it and that sghould work also. But I bet its just EZER in the long run to get a IR alternator and tape it off once you know which wires.

If gas gauge and the Temp gauge read low(say you run out of gas at 1/4 tank then its the volt reg/temp compensation module in back of the istrument panel. The sender could be off also but try sanding the sender nipple and rehook it up ad see what happens.