New to the site

:sneaky:Hey guys and maybe a few girls but I'm not really sure, I'm new to the site but not to Datsun's.

I was raised on Datsun's:love: (mostly 510's) and have owned my fair share. I have run into a few guys that are on here at NWN's Golden Gardens BBQ. I took a little break from owning Datsun's for a little bit.

A few months ago I acquired a 1969 Datsun 510 after telling myself I was done with Datsun's:cursing: (D'oh!)

Some of you know this Datsun and it's previous owner. There are changes in the winds for the car but not for a while.

I look forward to sharing my progress with you all as I make this car my own. :poop: Sorry had to use that one

jsyc21.jpg

dpcufk.jpg

smg1ax.jpg

34ycu90.jpg

ml1qja.jpg

24e48bn.jpg

Edited by rewcrew
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get some decent pics? or is it so trashed your too scared to show us :D

OUCH!!!! That hurts.....haha not really. I didnt want to make the pictures to big cause I'm not sure how you guys all felt about HUGE pictures. I'll make them bigger.

Haha there you guys go, added a few and made them bigger.

She has some typical Datsun spots. While I'm away at Basic Training my buddy is going to take care of the small things and get the body right. (He's an actual body guy)

Very nice.

Like your pin lock hood.

I have mixed feelings about the pin lock, but thats how I got her. I need to find an entire hood latch assembly cause the Hood Pins are the ONLY thing holding it down!!

I love this car though, I havent been this happy in a long time.

by the way those wheels are bad arss!

I do like the design but even the wheels will be getting changed. Plan on running a 15x8 0 offset wheel. Maybe real work equips. I have 14 inch hoshino impuls for track use.

I have mixed feelings about the pin lock, but thats how I got her. I need to find an entire hood latch assembly cause the Hood Pins are the ONLY thing holding it down!!

I love this car though, I havent been this happy in a long time.

If you de-hassemble the hood latches would you ship them to me?

Might look good on the 620, My hood is kinda naked..

track use? you race this thing?

Plan is to get her back up to spec for the season...well at least part of it. I should be gone for the last half. I need to but the harness bar and door bars back on the cage.

If you de-hassemble the hood latches would you ship them to me?

Might look good on the 620, My hood is kinda naked..

If I find the hood pins I want I could prolly do that.

Yu going to race this thing?

I hope not!!!!!

racing = samshed car sooner or later.

basic training???? U went in to the Army????? If so why even bother with getting a car.?

I like that car and has great potential. Im thinking just fix some body spots and reshoot it the same color (engine bay)and call it done

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
Yu going to race this thing?

I hope not!!!!!

racing = samshed car sooner or later.

basic training???? U went in to the Army????? If so why even bother with getting a car.?

I like that car and has great potential. Im thinking just fix some body spots and reshoot it the same color (engine bay)and call it done

Yes I do plan on racing the car. I was brought up to do what you love with what you have. I love road races/auto-x/and lapping days and 510's are excellent cars for that. Some cars are ment to be driven aand driven hard, this is one of them. Lord forbid if I do hit a wall I'll just turn around and fix it.

And yes I am going into the Army. Why should going into the Army stop me from getting a car? I got the car to drive and enjoy and right now it drives like a champ so I'm not quite sure why you would said "why even bother with getting a car."?

That is clean! Did it cost a lot?

It is very clean. It cost me a car and a bunch of parts.