New to the Forum!

hey whats up guys, so ive always wanted a datsun! and its about that time i get one.

my dad had a datsun 510 and thats how i fell in love with them.

i usually like cars with style and personality!, i currently own a 92 mr2 turbo! and i love it. its my daily driver and its unique since no one ever knows what it is.

but i want a datsun project car to work on and im thinking about it..

so i guess im asking if its a pain to handle these cars? to maintain them i want a 510 but id do an sr20 swap in it in due time.

but i just had questions like if this car is alot to handle and so forth..

i know mr2s are a pain to work out since if you know any other mr2 owners they can tell you that its a money pit. if it isnt one thing its another..

well thanks for all who have information for me, ill be checking this regularly and hope to hear from you guys!

- JOHn:D

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All cars you Mod are a money pits!:lol:

510's are simple cars. The biggest issues are rust, and some parts are hard to find. Ebay is your friend :D

My suggestion to you, is find a project that has already been started and the owner lost intrest or ran out of money. I see them all the time on ebay or craigslist. just keep an eye out.

good luck, and welcome to ratsun :)

Datsuns are simple as hell, unless of course your trying to remove a fender from a 620, GOOD LUCK. lol. It just took me a while to figure it out...

One of the reasons people like Datsuns is they're simplicity.

My 620 has zero engine electronics, pretty damn simple, Nothing pulls battery power except for the clock on my radio :lol:

All cars you Mod are a money pits!:lol:

510's are simple cars. The biggest issues are rust, and some parts are hard to find. Ebay is your friend :D

My suggestion to you, is find a project that has already been started and the owner lost intrest or ran out of money. I see them all the time on ebay or craigslist. just keep an eye out.

good luck, and welcome to ratsun :)

yah all cars are money pits like my car now!

but hmm good idea on the ones thathave been started. i might have to look into that...

so what is a reasonable price for one if i were to come across one?

Datsuns are simple as hell, unless of course your trying to remove a fender from a 620, GOOD LUCK. lol. It just took me a while to figure it out...

One of the reasons people like Datsuns is they're simplicity.

My 620 has zero engine electronics, pretty damn simple, Nothing pulls battery power except for the clock on my radio :lol:

im beginning to see the simplicity side of this car.. i love it because itlooks simple on the outside yet it looks good enough to turn heads! it just looks good.