Guest jaimesix

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

This just in.... Reportedly 510 front airdams (BRE style) fit 710's.

i wouldnt put money on that granted there close with a little modification it could work but its not a direct bolt on i tried it on my 610 at the sac swap meet and since the 610 and 710 are so similar its not to far out there to guess the same mods would need to be made thats why im looking for a beat up dirt cheap one i cant justify buying one brand new just to cut it up

I tried my 510 air dam and it fits okay.... ... ... it's not a BRE spook air damm,,,,,,, but the flat kind

They are very similar in length... . . .. even the 710 grill almost fits on a 510....

Alright fine........ I'll go take a pic of a green air dammm on a orange 710 ............ but don't act like I think it looks cool.... :lol:

I tried my 510 air dam and it fits okay.... ... ... it's not a BRE spook air damm,,,,,,, but the flat kind

They are very similar in length... . . .. even the 710 grill almost fits on a 510....

Alright fine........ I'll go take a pic of a green air dammm on a orange 710 ............ but don't act like I think it looks cool.... :lol:

well??? i want oic

Im just saying the guy who owns that car said it was no more trouble then what is required when installing that same airdam on a 510... See what im saying broooooooo?

i see that and im tellin ya that hes not being entirely truthful on that the 610/710 are a hair wider then the 510 which gives the fitment issues i was talking about you have to mount the spoiler really low or cut the air damn a little again this is on a 610 but since the 710 is so similar its not even funny.....

I have an original BRE spook for the 510...and it looks slightly different than the one on that Violet...but I also have a mold for it...and a 710...soo..how badly do you guys want this to fit? (cause I know the 510 lips are dirt cheap...not really worth producing...but a 710-specific one?) perhaps a show of hands?

Ok... But... A Violet SSS front valance is a lot closer to that of a 710 then a 610.........

Can you hear me... now?

actually your wrong in fact if the 610 front valance and the 710 front valance are almost identical the violet stuff is completely different i know this becaus i have seen the 610 and 710 stuff side by side and if you look the violet stuff is lower slung bu a long shot

amuxb7.jpg

P1040304.jpg

violet

38443_139411456080960_100000363188872_261476_4980082_n.jpg

The front may look different but as the 710 and Violet are the same chassis I would think the valances would bolt to the cars in the same way. Am I correct in that these airdams bolt to the frame and not the existing valance?

they bolt to the valance and if they bolted to the frame then my point would still be valid considering the front "frame" portion of the unibody is identical to the 610

well??? i want oic

Fine......... .. but I don't think it looks good ........... .. it seems like 510s and 710s have a very similar front-end width:

710222.JPG

710223.JPG

710221.JPG

And with the 510 bumper:

710224.JPG

710225.JPG

not really feelin it it doesnt look bad in tandum with the 510 bumper though

I don't think the green 510 air damm looks good either... . .... but I did prove that 510 and 710 valences are almost the same exact width

I only did this to shut up 280zx2by2 ........... the last page needed some pics

• 3 weeks later...

I own a 1975 710 post and when i bought it i spent 25$ I saved it from the depths of a mans backyard where it sat for 20+ years had a blown L18 in it. My friend being into datsuns had two 620 trucks and one a parts truck for the time being had a perfect L20 and four days later and about 400$ it was on the road but still looked pretty bad and over time i started to get glass for it now its on the road as my daily driver with all the glass and functioning parts. i have now owned it for 3 years and i love it best car i have owned. its soon to get overhauled ima park it for awhile and start making it what i want it to be first is a VG 30 swap now sure if i want it turbo or not with a 5sp tranny custom rearend so i can make LSD, full roll cage, custom fiberglass dash to match the origional but without the cracks, racing seats, lowering it. making it my own