• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Back space is also critical. If the rim sticks out too far nothing will stop the body dropping down on the tread on bumps. The trick is to know where you are so you can know how far you can go and still have good fit. Rims should be made to fit the car. Never make the car fit the rims.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:52 PM, Wingzero said:

In need of some advice! 

I want to install some rims on my Datsun 710. I need help selecting Tire sizes. I would like to maintain as much ride quality as possible. Here are the rim dimensions. Your help is appreciated.

Front: 14x6

Rear: 14x8

Front - 185/60-14

Rear - 195/60-14 (or 205/55-14 but you may need to roll the fenders)

This is presuming they are an offset that is good for the car.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:12 PM, Kathos said:

My datsun has 15 x 8 +12 back 15x 7 + 0 Front. 

But also running a fair bit of stretch and poke. Which I love, but not everyone does (cue datzenmike).

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
10 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Nice goon! I like the back without all the chrome trim. Did you do this?

I did back when I was 16 me and my grandpa repainted it. Now it has been sitting for about 8 year and has various rust spots and dents. I figured I should either work on it or get rid of it. So I decided I will get it all fixed up again and I always wanted to lower it and never found the time so that is first on the list I think.

Any year '81-'84 Maxima, another option are '79-'83 280zx struts. The calipers are larger and the rotors a mm or two larger diameter and probably won't clear the stock 13" rims. Both cars are larger six cylinder powered with IRS but the Z car flagship gets the larger equipment just like the Corvette gets the more powerful engine than the new Camaro.

The zx struts themselves may also be slightly shorter than the Maxima ones. (free lowering) Try to source a '79-'81 zx  master cylinder also, the later zx had the wrong bolt pattern. Larger calipers need more fluid.

57 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Any year '81-'84 Maxima, another option are '79-'83 280zx struts. The calipers are larger and the rotors a mm or two larger diameter and probably won't clear the stock 13" rims. Both cars are larger six cylinder powered with IRS but the Z car flagship gets the larger equipment just like the Corvette gets the more powerful engine than the new Camaro.

The zx struts themselves may also be slightly shorter than the Maxima ones. (free lowering) Try to source a '79-'81 zx  master cylinder also, the later zx had the wrong bolt pattern. Larger calipers need more fluid.

Hey thanks I will do some sourcing out tonight after work. And start posting some work as it get done. 

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I have been active here... I still have my car it’s just been stored.... I remember when I left there was someone who had just completed a LS swap and I have tried searching the forum and even browsing back page by page for days to find this but to no avail.... does anyone remember who that person was?