Diamond Plate Door Panels. WHAT DO YOU THINK??

72 327

I purchased some (2) 2'x3'-1/8" Aluminum Diamond plate off ebay about a month ago and I finally got around to putting them in today. I cut them in about 40 mins using a jigsaw and (2) 24 pitch blades. I used the old door panel as a template and added 2 5/8" to the bottom to cover the speaker holes cut by PO. Also used a polishing buffer to get the ruff edges after I was done cutting the panel out. THANKS to WHO?? for the door pulls worked great.

ry%3D480

Also got to play with my Kragen's Mini Bike I just put on a 6.5 hp Harbor Freight engine with mods dyno'd at around 9.5hp. LOL Goes 39mph also with room for more speed.

ry%3D480

Edited by 72 327
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

panels are cool but, how are they staying in? just the pressure of the handle and door opener lever inside? You didn't use the clips from the stock panel did you?

and that little bike looks fun. :D I have a little XR50 that just straight gets it. :D:D

I have a big ROAD WORK sign I'm going to clean up and cut out a dash face and kickboards from.

I love the look of brushed aluminum :D

As soon as I get a gasket I'm going to pull my valve cover off and take the drill with a brass brush head and go at it.

Diamond plate looks great man.

When the sun heats up the inerior they will get HOT. Burn your arm.

Haha, that's what I was thinking about. At least they look nice though. :thumbsup:

I think I'm going to do something similar with mine (the stock ones are pink from the sun) except I think I'm going with wood for mine.

I thought about redoing the interior in mine..

But My original stuff looks so nice...

I am going to put in some bucket seats as soon as I find some decent ones, so If anyone east coast is interested in a mint bench seat, let me know.

I need to reupholster my ceiling too.

When the sun heats up the inerior they will get HOT. Burn your arm.

I have to agree. But I usually dont have it out during the day unless there is a car show. Then my 10x10 is over it. Also not having any vent control is a hugh pain in the ass. No heat no Air.

YAH YAH smoke show blah blah. Give it a bit. Im still working on the new tires and there rubbing on the bed. I need to lift it back up a little. I will get them soon.

Edited by 72 327