1971 Datsun 510 w/ KA24de and ITBs

1971 Datsun 510

The car originally was a 4dr but the previous owner removed the rear doors and welded the seems shut so it is now a 2dr car. The box widebody kit was installed and put on by the previous owner. The body work on the car is not perfect by any means nor was it intended to be. From far the car looks great but up close you can notice all the blemishes in the body work.

It does not have any rust anywhere and the car tracks straight as an arrow. It is modified with a 280ZX rear subframe and rear brakes and was converted to use Subaru shock/spring combination in the rear. The front end has 280ZX struts that were sectioned and coilovers were installed with 275lb springs in the front with adjustable camber plates and Tokico Illumina shocks. Also, it has 280zx front brakes with cross-drilled and slotted rotors and Axxis Deluxe brake pads. We also were able to modify a Datsun B210 Booster to work with the larger 15/16" master cylinder. There is also a Wilwood proportioning valve inside the cockpit next to the shifter. The 510 was modified with a 240Z Front crossmember and rack and pinion setup as well. Both the hood and trunk have been completely skinned and are mounted by pins only.

The engine only has about 100 miles of street driving so far and is modified as follows with all new parts:

`92 KA24DE engine and 5spd transmission

`Electromotive TEC2 Standalone management

`Odyssey PC680 battery

`RCI 10 Gallon Fuel cell

`Walbro GSL392 Fuel pump

`GSXR 1000 Individual Throttle Bodies

`Custom Velocity Stacks

`SR20det 370CC Injectors

`C's style short shifter

`Block was bored and honed .020"

`11:1 Compression SOHC Pistons

`OEM Water pump

`OEM Oil pump

`OEM Timing set installed

`Custom header to full 3" straight exhaust (Side exit in front of rear wheel)

`Aluminum radiator with dual 12" Range Rover fans

`Aluminum radiator overflow tank

`XTD Aluminum Flywheel

`XTD 6-puck Clutch

`R200 Welded 4.11 Differential

The interior of the car is also nicely fitted with a 240sx tilt steering column. Brand new Sparco steering wheel, Sparco 4-pt Camlock harnesses, Sparco Globe-R Shift knob, 5-in-1 Gauge cluster. The seats are F1Spec Type 2 seats. Also has a 6-point welded cage and the car is structurally very firm. There is a push start ignition system with a fuel-pump cut-off and the toggle switches are for the headlights, fan and turn signals.

The wheels are Sportmax 002 16x8 (O offset) with Advan A032R tires (225/50/16)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this car and has been very mildly street tuned and needs a final dyno tune for optimum efficiency and power but do not have the time for this car anymore. It is also licensed and registered for the street.

Price:

$7800 OBO

On to the pictures finally:

10fqp01.jpg

a29161.jpg

25k7oy9.jpg

25887cw.jpg

246a0bk.jpg

10fqa7q.jpg

w8aid2.jpg

24zybeu.jpg

2qimzvo.jpg

2n9dd9k.jpg

2h5o9wz.jpg

au6tk0.jpg

2h7gkew.jpg

2i9mhzk.jpg

2pqjots.jpg

np4aia.jpg

2hg4i10.jpg

23u4w0o.jpg

18fb61.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what about the MAF, is it not needed in this set up with ITB's?

You cant use a maf on itb without a box. He is using a MAP sensor, you can see it bolted to to the firewall. Just fyi

• 2 weeks later...

if you dont sell it soon what are you going to do? Id be interested in harvesting the ITB setup and cams for my KA510, the seats as well. Think aboot it. Hell Id even take the full engine/tranny if you are going to let it go. Keep her as a spare/side build or something....

If i dont sell it then the price on the complete car will be brought down. I will not part out the car as i dont need anything from it and need it out of my house already!!!!

Reasonable offers are entertained.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.