B210 in Old Timer

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the mirror;s on the fender thing, but i can't seem to like on mine.

the black line going down the middle of the car is that a japaneese only b210 thing? i'm kind of diggin it. those seats are kind of cool, they look more like 240z seats. the engine also pretty cool. man i wished the bee's would have come to the U.S. with L series engines. nice find.

Guest jaimesix

Nice.

Where can I get that magazine???:) Let me know.

Yes, it is a PB210, the "L" series brother of the B210. B210s and PB210s are like twin brothers. Not identical twins, but twins. Each one proud of his sibling, none better nor worse that the other one, simply different.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Look at those front turn signals and the side markers!! Not to mention the entire rear face. Old Timer is the best mag for Old tin. If I get the time I'll upload more articles and pics.

But can you read the articles? :confused:

Guest jaimesix
You can pick it up right across the street from where we meet on Sundays at Marukai Market.

On my way to pick up mine!:D

Cool!!!!

I think I saw another Makurai Market, I went to eat at a restaurant at the end of Artesia, before it becomes the 91 frwy, and there was a market that caught my attention because it was closed at 8pm:eek: I think the name was Makurai.....in any event, thanks for the datum...I am going to get a copy this weekend. Perhaps tomorrow !!!

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
But can you read the articles? :confused:

I wish I could, but same as my traveling through Yahoo Japan...all I do is look at photos!!!!! better than nothing :rolleyes:

Jaime.______________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
Interesting.

"P" in PB210 means "larger engine". Like the P in P510.

Also, PB210 is "Sunny Excellent 1400" instead of the regular B210 with A12 engine.

History and pics here: Datsun1200.com Tech wiki: PB210

...and it gets more confusing...Although the Sunny Excelent 1400 is in fact a PB210, many PB210s were sold as such, PB210. The name Sunny Excellent 1400 was exclusively used in Japan.

The PB210 with the L16 became the 160Z in South Africa. The 140Z was a PB210 with sports mods.

The B210 was sold as 120Y in many countries with the A series 1200 engine. Albeit that fact, in US it was sold with the A12, A13 and A14 , under the same name, B210. I am not sure if the A15 was offered with the B210s in US. Thge subsequent model did, the Datsun 210.

Japanese corporate executives really liked to befuddle others.....complicated name variations...

Jaime._______________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
and it could look like this tastefully modded example:

9014kw.jpg

I can , and I would do away with that wing though.

Jaime._____________________________________________________-