350Z SR20DET Drift Car Build :)

KA620

I know I haven’t lived up to my word in supplying updates for this build but we have been hard at work trust me! UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!

The entire blog post can be viewed at http://www.alexvillabrille.com

Here is a preview:

“…KA24 510 tuned but ended up blowing the motor due to tuner error :/ We brought the car back, pulled the KA24 and swapped in an SR20det instead…”

img_0161-300x225.jpgimg_0166-300x225.jpg

“…new brakes for the 350z track car (Wilwood 6-piston front and 4-piston rear), new front windshield installed, as well as painting the roof…”

img_0168-300x225.jpg

Edited by KA620
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex good to see an update on the three fiddy. What the hell is taking so long .

Like I said I want to take her for a spin. Well not really. I might shit myself with a car like that. :lol:

Keep the updates comming. Tell your pops I said hi.:D Hope to see you guys soon. Been to long.

• 1 month later...

Well the man behind my blog site is Joey Todaro who has been a friend of mine since we were in high school. He does all the graphic design, logo work, and upkeep with the blog as far as the look and function of it.

I made a new post about his site http://www.jdmftw.com on my blog which you can check out the full post at: http://www.drftmytail.com

Aside from basically completely tearing apart the 240z we now want to re-do some things for better selection of wheels and aftermarket parts so we are swapping to mostly all S13 suspension/brake setup.

The 350z I am waiting on my FRP body parts to get here.... Please read the entire post I just put up on http://www.drftmytail.com

Thanks for all your support and thanks to Gruppe-S/Dynamic Autosports!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys, I admit I really lacked on keeping the blog updated. Thankfully, the reason of this happening is because we received multiple customers that wanted to do swap projects so we had to put our projects on hold.

But the wait for an update will be over tomorrow night. We have been hard at work lately and actually switched to a different drivetrain platform. To know what it is you will just have to wait and see a little bit until we get the mock-up done... but it will be turbo!

The body of the 350z has been painted a Satin White and we are going to be painting the rest of the parts tomorrow: doors, fenders, side skirts, and the front/rear bumper. The roof was already previously painted satin black and the hatch and hood may also be painted satin black, we have yet to make the final decision.

Be sure to check it out late tomorrow night or Monday morning: www.drftmytail.com or www.alexvillabrille.com

Well the car has finally been painted as promised. Its been a long weekend and we left the shop a mess! Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Here is a small teaser of what we did over the weekend:

IMG_0633-300x225.jpg

To see the final product make sure to check out the blog page. Leave comments if you like!

www.alexvillabrille.com or go to www.drftmytail.com

Today was another progressive day and got some work done on the car. We modified the temporary suspension we have on the car to get an idea of the stance we want to achieve once our new spring rates arrive and we actually install our track suspension. Installed the Arizona Z Car 6-piston front brakes and 4-pistons rear. Also put on the rear bumper. Pictures are courtesy of Joseph Todaro from www.JDMThreads.com

Check out the blog for the complete details and more pictures, but here is a teaser for you:

DSC_0083-300x199.jpg

www.alexvillabrille.com

A couple more days of super long hours we are able to complete quite a few things on the car. In short we are getting closer and closer each week as we are trying to work on the car every day after 6pm when we stop working on customer cars.

Car is all painted, 1 set of the MB Battles were painted gold, DigiDash installed and pleanty of other parts installed. Check out the entire blog post for complete details at www.alexvillabrille.com but here is a small teaser of how the car sits curently:

IMG_0702-225x300.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

you guys are the shit for building such a wicked beast ! do you ever come out to adams motorsport park for drift? oh yeah would you happen to have built a motor mount kit for the vq into a 70s z?

I think Alex is building a REAL DRIFT car. Not for adams go kart track. :o

A couple more days of super long hours we are able to complete quite a few things on the car. In short we are getting closer and closer each week as we are trying to work on the car every day after 6pm when we stop working on customer cars.

Car is all painted, 1 set of the MB Battles were painted gold, DigiDash installed and pleanty of other parts installed. Check out the entire blog post for complete details at www.alexvillabrille.com but here is a small teaser of how the car sits curently:

IMG_0702-225x300.jpg

Alex I really like what you guys did with the paint. Looks killer.

We actually do not supply a mount kit for the VQs into a 240z since no customer has ever committed to performing the swap.

Thanks for the comments John!

More updates! I painted 1 set of the MB battles gold already. Waiting to get tires so that i can pull the current ones off and paint these wheels gold as well.

We also mounted the engine/trans and got tons of new parts in this week finally after selling the individual throttle body setup. I will be updating the blog again with the final welding/position done on the mounts and many of the parts installed onto the motor to continue the build.

A little teaser, but check out the rest on: www.alexvillabrille.com

IMG_0712-300x225.jpg

We actually do not supply a mount kit for the VQs into a 240z since no customer has ever committed to performing the swap.

Thanks for the comments John!

More updates! I painted 1 set of the MB battles gold already. Waiting to get tires so that i can pull the current ones off and paint these wheels gold as well.

We also mounted the engine/trans and got tons of new parts in this week finally after selling the individual throttle body setup. I will be updating the blog again with the final welding/position done on the mounts and many of the parts installed onto the motor to continue the build.

A little teaser, but check out the rest on: www.alexvillabrille.com

IMG_0712-300x225.jpg

thats not an sr in that engine bay thats an ls1 do i sence a change of plans here if so its definatly for the better

• 3 months later...

I cant believe how long its been since the last update. We have been trying to catch up on all the work we had come into the shop so that now we can make time after hours to work on our projects again.

Motor and trans are now permanently installed which can be seen in the picture attached and also read the entire new blog post at: Alex Villabrille BLOG

IMG_0986-300x225.jpg

Continuous progress thankfully this past week which has really began to motivate us everyday. This time the exhaust system has been finished and is ready to be heard!

Check out the full blog post at: www.alexvillabrille.com

IMG_1066-300x225.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well we had been hard at work but realized the car wouldn't be ready before I leave to Argentina. So we decided to buy a practice car in the meantime so I can hit events and get some more seat time while we can finish the 350Z at a calmer pace. We will end up upgrading the cam now and do tuning on E85.

I posted a new blog entry over at www.alexvillabrille.com that you can read about the new purchase and the upcoming event I will be attending!

Here is a teaser photo:

37486_1339659371654_1236265699_30810722_65474_n-300x200.jpg

• 1 month later...

I feel bad for the lack of updates to the blog, but we have been working so many hours to do as much customer work as we can during the day and then at night stay after and work on the missile car to get ready for the next and coming track day.

Check out www.alexvillabrille.com for the complete post and more pictures!

I updated the blog with a long post of what we have been up to lately since before I left to Argentina in September. Here is a sneak preview picture of what we are up to:

IMG_1393-300x225.jpg