Gustavs 1975 Low 620

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FAN CLUCTH WAS B**** TO WORK WITH TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, FIRST I TRIED LOOKING FOR A WATER PUMP WITHOUT THE FAN CLUCTH BUT IT WAS NO WERE TO BE FOUND. DID SOME R&D AND NOTHING, I ENDED UP WITH A ZAW SAW ONE NIGHT WITH MOTAVATED AND ME TAKING TURNS CUTTING IT OFF. FINALLY, JUST WELDED THE CENTER OF IT AND WERE GOOD TO GO.:eek:

Yeah I took a steering wheel puller to mine it just broke the thing to pieces. I now just have to take a file to it. did your pulley come off the water pump shaft? thats why you welded the center?

Thanks for all your help guys, does this mean that by me installing a disc/disc proportioning valve won't make a difference to the problem that i'm having? or will it help it, has any body here used a disc/disc proportioning valve on a 620 when doing 4 wheel disc brakes? thanks in advance:confused:

So I tried the adjustment on the pushrod and still no luck. Does anyone know the exact measurement it should be??

Has anyone ever heard of brake fluid boiling up in the m/c???? Some one out here told me that may be the cause of my brakes locking up???? If it may be a reason would synthetic brake fluid do the job???

thanks for any help:confused:

The boiling brake fluid is not the cause, it is the effect from the locking brakes creating excessive heat.

If the pedal pushrod adjustment didnt help the problem, then you need to look at the pushrod between the master and booster.

How does your pedal feel? When they are not locked up? Nice high pedal? Low soft pedal? Are you running a parking brake?

With a topic name like low 620, i would have expected it to be low. good looking truck, but i dont know about it being low............

Haha..seriously...I was going to say the same thing!:lol:

nice though,,,I would ditch the 4Runner roll bar though...personaly.

I just said that too bring in the viewers. But seriously he is just a fellow Datsun owner. I think the main reason he went on here is to fix his brakes. After that issue is solved. We might not hear from him again I think. Just saying it how I see it Guz. Prove me wrong.

Don't think so dude, I was actually at the datsun get together on sat in moreno valley. I tried calling you several times but had no luck, we need to get a cell phone for you....

By the way it was a really nice experience out there thanks for everyones comments and advice out there.:D next time I will go out there with more time on my hands.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...