Project dime

Thanks for the link on the heater rebuild, I knew I had seen it before, but had no idea where to find it now.

Got some parts coming, I started to look at the back end, I am going to get it as straight as I can and rock the rest of the dents for a while.

It seems that whenever I have the money for the back half of a car someone has cut up, I cant find one, when I can find them I don't have the money.

So my car is dented, but once I spray some paint on it at least they will be pretty dents......Right?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I like this car. Even more, I like your simple, clear, and straightforward approach to fixing stuff. You make stuff that scares me stupid, sound so routine. I've got no excuses to get my basically stock car on the road, thanks for the inspiration.

You are very welcome for the inspiration, Thank you for the kind words. Been working on the dime whenever the weather allows, should have some pictures soon of a very major change, hope to have the dime looking good for the summer, and Canby especially.

Time for a few updates, I finally got fed up with the multi-color look, so I decided to get the dime all one color, it is almost there, just waiting on the damn weather.

Before

P1020722.jpg

P1020725.jpg

As it sits

P1030144.jpg

P1030146.jpg

P1030147.jpg

Scored a sweet deal on these too, don't know if I will end up running them or not, but I like to have options

P1030149.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I still have to finish some odds and ends, but other than that it is all one color. I am really digging the all one color look :D I am going to polish and paint that set of Iron crosses and see what I think, but I like the current wheels alot better with the grey paint.

I also have a box of air cleaner parts sitting in the living room, gonna get those on before canby too. :cool:

P1030155.jpg

P1030157.jpg

Well even though the weather has not been cooperating with me, I have managed to get some work done on the dime. Got the wiper motor re-installed, the linkage is ready to go back in but it started raining...... again so I will wait until the next sun patch to try and get the linkage in. Also got the hardware to install the front valance and some other odds and ends. Pictures of the complete car soon, can't wait, it has never had a non smashed front valance as long as I have owned it. :cool: