Liz Miles on American Hot Rod!!!!

Ok, "who the hell is that?"

I know. I would've said the same thing if it wasn't for a 2am fix of American Hot Rod. Liz is the new member of the Boyd crew. This girl is hot! She races (drift, drag, scca). She wrenches. She welds. And she's HOT!

Now we come to WHY i'm posting here. Aside from the '68 Camaro that she rolled up in on the show, I found her website (not a stalker, i swear) and she's got a 510 project. OMG!!!!!!!!! Check this out:

http://www.milesspeed.com/510/510.htm

and her:

http://www.milesspeed.com/carshows/carshows.htm

Anyone this girl? Let them have their Pam Andersons and Paris Hiltons. I'll take Liz above them all. :)

~Brian

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched American Hot Rod for part of a year and although the cars were ok the 'reality show' part blows. Boyd apparently was big at one time but you couldn't tell it on that show as all I ever saw him do was sit in his office, go and yell at his 'crew' (who did ALL the work) or give instructions like "put that motor in" "don't like that, do it different". Never once saw a wrench in his hands or saw him working, but saw him drive 'his' latest creation to a show and take credit for all the work. All he did was sign the cheques.

What was that other show with Chip Foose in it, Overhauling? Much better. I always like how in just 7 days, body work??? paint, suspension, interior, and after putting in all new parts, how the rebuilt motors start on the first crank and is totally drivable. This is reality? (Courtenay was real)

Monster Garage is much the same. Neat stuff though, just too much unwanted filler.

OCC Some nice bikes, didn't like the 'Theme Bikes' some looked like two wheeled yard sales with all the junk welded on them.

Stopped watching all of them. Fantasy is for those that can't handle reality, or is it reality is for those who can't handle fantasy?

Got off track, sorry for opinionated rant. Yeah, there's something about girls handling men's tools.

I actually have some of the parts liz didn't use on her 510. All the crap she wasn't going to use she put for sale on her website. What's it worth to you 808DA6? Wouldn't you like to have some rare Liz Miles 510 memorabelia? :D

Nah. Pics say a thousand words. Memorabelia would jus make me look too stalker-ish. I do hope she keeps her 510 build updated on the site though. Maybe one day we'll see it up at Shasta.

....besides, 510 parts aren't much use for a 521 guy like me!

~Brian

Nah. Pics say a thousand words. Memorabelia would jus make me look too stalker-ish. I do hope she keeps her 510 build updated on the site though. Maybe one day we'll see it up at Shasta.

....besides, 510 parts aren't much use for a 521 guy like me!

~Brian

yeah she lived or lives in about 40 minutes from where im at.

a bunch of stuff was craigslisted.

she's on tv now?

what network is amercan hotrod on?

yeah she lived or lives in about 40 minutes from where im at.

a bunch of stuff was craigslisted.

she's on tv now?

what network is amercan hotrod on?

TLC. Thursday nights have all the automotive stuffs.

~Brian

Brian....I just emailed her and invited her to Canby next year.....so maybe you'll have a reason to actually come next year!! :)

Also sent her a link to this forum....NOT TO THIS THREAD though luckily.....I sent the email before I got futher down this thread :( I wouldn't have sent it had I read this whole thing.

Liz is a very down to earth friendly person she has some major talent for fab work and isnt stuck up about the work she has done, Her Camaro is CLEAN inside and out and she did everything down to the paint and engine assembly I kinda helped (helped pull the engine and did some grinding nothing major) her out on her 510 with a bunch of her friends and when the 510 is done it too will be fast and CUSTOM. I am glad to see a local girl / friend make it.

I've chatted on/off w/ Liz on email since last year when the article about her was published in Hot Rod. Super nice lady. If I was younger... :D

I tried to get her to the Motoring J show in Vallejo, but then the Boyd gig game up.

As for her dime, she's super busy, especially w/ the American Hot Rod gig. Also kinda hard to work on the Datto when the car is in the Bay Area and she's in SoCal.

Get it up to Shasta? Ummm, in case you ain't heard, the All Datsun Shasta event is no mo'. :(

Brian....I just emailed her and invited her to Canby next year.....so maybe you'll have a reason to actually come next year!! :)

Also sent her a link to this forum....NOT TO THIS THREAD though luckily.....I sent the email before I got futher down this thread :( I wouldn't have sent it had I read this whole thing.

That would be cool if she showed up for Canby.. Cooler if she was building a 521 ;)

Wish Overhaulin woud come steal my 71... Maybee she knows somebody that knows somebody!!:cool:

No, Tangent, they only do cars that #1: Chip Foose likes, #2: they can get aftermarket parts for easily. You ever notice that the vehicles they overhaul for the most part are muscle cars with a huge aftermarket?!

Love the show, don't get me wrong, but it would be more challenging if they did a datsun!

Actually they did a Caddy and used most of the parts that were already on it. They also did a brand new mustang and prototyped the fiberglass right on the show.

It's not like they don't have the resources to make whatever else they want either, but you have to be submitted ;)

Hopefully, if she does read the thread she can get past the dirty old men and the even dirtier young ones :P

No offence to the dirtys...:D

No, they only do cars that ...

Love the show, don't get me wrong, but it would be more challenging if they did a datsun!

never seen em do an import, ive seen stuff where foose has said he likes this or that import, but has never had one 'overhauled' :mad:

btw my wagon needs to be overhauled! :D

69FJwagon.....so is this your wagon in the background here? :)

http://www.milesspeed.com/510/images/welding2.jpg

hahaha ya thats mine way before the FJ went in still had the old L16 and 4 speed in her 4100 rpms all the way out to her house