Looking for throttle cable bracket for my 620

I've come to the conclusion that using zip ties to hold my throttle cable probably isn't the safest. There aren't any Datsuns around here in the junkyards, so I'm turning to the net. Anyone have one they'd like to get rid of? Thanks guys.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8_26_07027.jpg

Here's what's going on... I'm pretty sure I need the bracket that bolts to the carb base bolts... You can see the cable comes out of the firewall, and is zip tied to the vacuum fitting on the brake booster, so I can half ass drive it around, and goes to the carb... The throttle likes to stick once in a while with the current setup... Who knew? :confused:

so the zip tie is the only thing holding the housing back? I'd say if its just a matter of routing the cable you're fine like that, but I'd use black zip ties :D

Theres lots of 620s in j-yards up here in portland, might need to do a road trip!

I've been driving my 4X4 like that (zip ties) for 3 years. I keep SAYING I'm going to get some scrap metal to make a bracket, but never do. I've tried all 3 types of stock brackets, but they all put the cable too high for the Weber DFAV (which has the throttle pull installed upside-down because it pulls the other way). The big problem is when out on trails the engine moves around and pulls the throttle from all the movement.

I might just swap carbs and use a normal bracket- I have a 38DGES in a box, but it's jetted for a 4.0L Jeep (the DFAV is jetted for a 2.6L Mitsubishi, and it's good on the low end but goes too rich up in the 3000+ range)

I've been driving my 4X4 like that (zip ties) for 3 years.

Can you take a picture of how you have them set up? My throttle sticks sometimes and thats why I'd like to find the bracket... If I can get it to not stick or come off the cam I could leave it temporarily (or for years?)

I stuck a big spring back to the valve cover to pull back. I DO NOT TRUST just using the springs on the carb. I've had them fall off- in stop and go traffic. I don't have a good pic, though I took one before I trimmed the zip ties (which I did do). The spring is visable bolted to the valve cover. It pulls back pretty hard.

4X4-10.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.