first new camaro arrives in spokanne.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it has a big plastic thing under the hood. The rest of it looks very retro.

lol

yah, whenever i was at my friends shop i made fun of cars with all that plastic shit under hoods of cars. Mostly it looks retarded. But it looks pretty clean under that hood, ill give it that.

Cheaper too!

But common. Those Steelers have already marked them up already. I have seen an RS "v6" being sold for 40k!!!! If Chevy keeps doing what they are currently doing. They are going down!

On the Internets Chevy says a LS V8 SS Camaro 6 speed starts in the low 30's... They should do what Scion did when they first came out. The price you see is the price you pay. No mark ups and no haggling... But a 5k markup? That is ridiculous.

The new v8 2010 Mustang does not have an IRS and it will beat the new Camaro in the turns. It also costs way less and uses less fuel. You might say that your paying more money for the Camaro for more HP. But seriously looking at its specs. It's limited too 155 mph and it could be reached in 4 gear. But honestly who wants to go 155 mph? Not California! That is automatic license suspension if caught.

I like the Camaro alot. but that markup really hurts me alot. I think if I would buy a new muscle car. It would be a Mustang v8. Like a Datsun, its cheaper than the competition, saves you gas, weighs less, and will out handle them in the corners.

Specs from motor tread:

**2010 Camaro

0-60 mph - 4.7 seconds

1/4 Mile - 13.0@111 mph

Lateral Acceleration -0.90 g

Figure-8 course - 25.8@0.80 g

Braking - 60-0 mph -105 feet

**2010 Mustang

0-60 mph - 4.9 seconds

1/4 Mile -13.5@104.2 mph

Lateral Acceleration - 0.95 g

Figure-8 course -25.5 g @0.70 g

Braking - 60-0 mph - 108 feet

**2009 Challenger

0-60 mph - 5.1 seconds

1/4 Mile - 13.6@104.9 mph

Lateral Acceleration - 0.82 g

Figure-8 course - 27.5 @ 0.63 g

Braking - 60-0 mph - 135 feet

The Mustang will handle better with a 1,500$ handling package.

I was one that was mouth talking the new Mustang. But the more I look at it. The more I like it more than the Camaro...

Edited by Motavated

i'm just over it all.... screw chevy and the camaro. It was supposed to be released 4 years ago, then all of a sudden "next year, oh next year, oh next year" and honestly im over it all. Dodge came out with the challenger and charger with multiple versions of both, Ford came out with about 10 different styles of the new stang and one model of the older stang before chevy was able to get off their ass's and get that thing on the market. :rolleyes::blink:

not to mention, way to wait untill the market is at an all time low to try and release your new "retro supercar" and then jack up the price but still expect it to be a great seller... :mellow:

i'm just over it all.... screw chevy and the camaro. It was supposed to be released 4 years ago, then all of a sudden "next year, oh next year, oh next year" and honestly im over it all. Dodge came out with the challenger and charger with multiple versions of both, Ford came out with about 10 different styles of the new stang and one model of the older stang before chevy was able to get off their ass's and get that thing on the market. :rolleyes::blink:

not to mention, way to wait untill the market is at an all time low to try and release your new "retro supercar" and then jack up the price but still expect it to be a great seller... :mellow:

A decently optioned GT will also be over 31K to, so not any cheaper than the SS. Mustang is slower also but not a lot, not unless you are a drag racer at least. The Camaro is also heavier, somewhere around 3800 pounds. I personally dont care for some fo the styling of the Camaro, I actually like the Mustang better and of course the Challenger is much nicer to me, but not everyone would think so.

im pretty sure the mark up isnt done by chevy, just greedy dealers padding thier wallets because they can.

and theres always someone with enough money that is willing to pay extra to be the first one to get a new model.

Dealerships are closing all over the place and they're marking these up?!

Sell them for MSRP and hope they flood the streets with them like the 350Z did. Maybe it'll help Chevy's image.

370Z is still a good competitor to those numbers, but with only being a 2-seater it has a smaller target audience.

I'm with most of you on the engine cover. That along with that huge-ass airbox would be the first things to find their way into the dumpster. On the styling; it always takes me a while to warm up to new cars. I'm not a huge fan of the stockers but I have seen a few "pro-builder" versions that looked great. As for the markup...anyone remember when the Ford GT came out? Those were supposed to be competitively priced with the Corvette. You couldn't touch a GT for less than $125K. The new Beetle 10 years ago and the Mini 5 years ago were the same way. Dealers mark 'em up cuz they can. That's why this car has been teased and hyped for the last 4 years. I like fast cars but I can't afford $30K so it doesn't really matter how much they get marked up.

All this moaning over dealer mark up. Did anyone see how much the Nissan dealers were and are marking up the GTR ? $70K +30K mark up=$100K.

I don't really like any of them. If I was going to spend thet kind of money.

$30K + I would buy a bunch of old ass datsuns.

cid__070509081226-01.jpg?t=1241713332

69CamaroZ28.jpg

Doesn't look remotely like a Camaro. GM fucked up again.

Compare to the Ford Mustang...

7852d1116115025-05-mustang-plant-manager-australia-mustang4.jpg

67_MustangGTFastback_Pic5.jpg

.... even better the Challenger. Well, still want a retro Chevy??? (don't mind me, I'm very biased)

Challenger%2BSRT8-760245.jpg

1970-TA-Challenger.jpg

DodgeChallengerTarga8.jpg

Edited by datzenmike
Anyone want an overweight pony car? I just don't get it. Why are they not compact-class, like the original Mustang and Camaro? I wonder that they have been designed by old men who primarily want a comfy interior.

As far as the Challenger, they had to use the LX body to start with, which is the 300C, Magnum, and Charger. If they had to use a completely new body it would have cost way too much and would have never been made. With the cost of safety regs and of course EPA crap it would have been too much to start with a new body line. The LX bodies allready had the safety and smog crap done so it didnt take as much to certify the cars. The Camaro is based off a Holden, so it to is heavy. Mustang on the other hand, while not being light but not as bad as the toher 2 is basically a body shared with nothing else excpet maybe the old LX Lincoln which of couirse has been discontinued.

There arent many cars that are under 3500 pounds due to safety stuff, smog controls, and peoples love of luxury crap like power everything, electronic giamos, huge sound systems, etc that werent in existenca back in the 60's and 70's.

They haven't made a good looking Corvette in what almost 40 years? You have to be an old man to afford one.

Sports car:

MUST be a standard transmission only.

MUST be a 2 seater.

MUST be rear wheel drive.

Must have front disc brakes and be able to decelerate faster than accelerate.

Preferable with IRS rear suspension.

Should be available with a convertible option.

Any engine size, (but must a-c-e-l-l-e-r-a-t-e smartly)