National "Cash for Clunkers" Program...

In the times it says "...so popular it's broke", had me laughing. Like I imagine some bureaucrat running into an office SWEET JESUS ITS WORKING!!!! Then the guy behind the desk, DEAR GOD PULL THE PLUG!!!! PULL IT!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!

:lol::lol:

I just imagined that and Im watching family guy so I ended up envisioning it all family guy-esk :lol: even better....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does the money come from for another Stupid Ass government program. Porkbelly Projects...more taxes or deeper in debt. :blink::blink:

I love the Republic of the United States of America. I hate Big Brother Government. Frankly I would love to see Arizona follow Texas. Not Succeed from the Union but rejoin it and say Screw Big Brother, We the People have decided to reassume our Sovereign Rights.

Ah well, $4500 would mean a loss of money on my B210 after the work I have done on it. Not to mention, a monthly payment and more Insurance. Who needs more debt.:fu::fu::fu::fu:

• 2 weeks later...
what a waste, some of those cars have good parts on them

Despite what the ignorant reporters repeat after hearing one another say yt. any part of the "clunker" except the engine can be recycled, as in sold not crushed. It's just that the sight of someone driving off with a hood or fender isn't as "newsworthy" as just dropping everything into a crusher or chipper.

Yeah I really don't like this program too much. I know alot of good old rigs will be crushed. Lots of vg33e's and vg30's will be killed!! It's too bad. But saying that, you might as well take advantage of it if you can while it lasts. I just hope they don't extend it forever. I don't want to be like Japan where there are no old cars around.

You are subscribed to DOT News for Department of Transportation. This information has recently been updated, and is now available.

U.S. Department of Transportation

Office of Public Affairs

Washington, D.C.

http://www.dot.gov/affairs/briefing.htm

DOT 122-09

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tel.: (202) 366-4570

Car Allowance Rebate System Announcement

In response to overwhelming interest in the Cash for Clunkers program, the Department of Transportation today clarified that consumers who want to purchase new vehicles not yet on dealer lots can still be eligible for the CARS program. Dealers and consumers who have reached a valid purchase and sale agreement on a vehicle already in the production pipeline will be able to work with the manufacturer to receive the documentation needed to qualify for the program.

• 2 weeks later...

DOT 130-09

Monday, August 24, 2009

Tel: 202-366-5037

Deadline for Dealers to File CARS Applications Extended Until Noon, Tuesday

Due to an overwhelming demand on the CARS computer system, the deadline for automobile dealers to file applications for rebates has been extended until noon tomorrow. The deadline for actually completing sales remains 8:00 p.m. today.

Despite a large increase in the system

I don't want to be like Japan where there are no old cars around.

That's mostly due to over strict enforcement of car inspection rules. After 10 years, your car needs a really chicken shit inspection. You can't give away a 10 year old car in Japan, so they are sold across the straits to Vladivostok where the Russians are more than glad to drive them instead of a Russian built poor copy of a Yugoslavian copy of a Fiat. My wife's family is forever surprised when they visit and I pick them up in my 1967 Datsun.

so we started getting the money from big brother. heres the procedure.

we drain all the fluids. put this shit in. and run it till it pops

noname.jpg

Where can one buy said product? :lol:

Does anyone here think about what will happen when these people that used this program realize there now deeper in debt and can not afford it? How mant of these people are going to let there car be repoed? Any one think this will cause a bad effect on the already failing economy?

I honestly think the program is both good and bad in a bunch of aspect.

The debt though is up to the people, no one has a gun to their head and if they aren't smart enough to realize their own finances in this day and age where debt news, bailout news, financial info is posted EVERYWHERE then wtf could be done? There will always be people that can't handle their own finances.

With the dealers matching the bail out refund which makes for RIDICULOUSLY cheap cars AND the fact dealers have these plans where you can just turn in the car if you get fired or they make the payments for a set amount of months etc I don't foresee a negative impact in that sense.

I see old garbage getting replaced with new garbage. Auto companies both foreign and domestic making needed money on it and keeping americans (whats left of them) employed. I also see it rebuilding some peoples credit in a low risk opportunity not seen in for ever. Some good cars will get caught up in it, some people will fuck up like always. Never the less though there are positive points to this program. The biggest negative though I can think of is it's our tax dollars turning the wheels. That's still better then flat out giving companies the money though like all these bail outs imho.

Edited by 72240z

I think we will see more repos next summer.

Some article said many people save about $100/month in gas from trading up. That's half your payment right there. As long as you stick to the entry level economy car then you're doing good. That is the point of the program.

Trade in that V6 or V8 Americian garbage car or SUV for a small 4-cyl economy car. If we keep this up our streets will look like the streets of Paris!

Trade in that V6 or V8 Americian garbage car or SUV for a small 4-cyl economy car.

I did it. :eek: I traded my 1997 Mercury Mountaineer AWD 5.0 V8. (same as Ford Explorer) I owned it for 2 years and the best mileage I ever got was 12mpg. It didn't matter if I drove it on the hwy or around town, it consistantly got 10-12 mpg.:fu:

I bought a Nissan Altima.:D Got a great deal on a new 09 and it will not be repo'd. It is rated at 31 mpg on the hwy.:D

I figured I might as well let the Gov't give me back some of my tax $$ :fu: and cut back on my fuel use at the same time.:D

:D I kept it in the Nissan family too.:D