wiper pivots

damon

does anyone know of a replacement for the wiper pivots on our dimes?

I am in need of new pivots as the bearings in mine are in bad shape.

thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Mike! I'll keep that in mind. The only problem I see is that the passenger side pivot appears way beyond rebuilding. I think it has at least a 1/4" of play when you grab it and wiggle. So I think I need to start with something fresher and then maybe use your post as reference to rebiuld them.

damon,

not a fix for your wiper pivots but...

if your not already using it treat all of your glass with rain X it helps repel the water big time and you'll be using the wipers alot less especially at hwy speed almost never.

the key is to apply at least once or twice a month on clean glass..

http://www.rainx.com/Products/Windshield_Treatment/Original.aspx

Yeah thats a good idea on the Rain-x. Maybe I should actually put the new windshield and gasket thats been in the garage for 2 years in sometime to.

It might help.:D

I won't use rainX again, great in the day time but when night time hits, the on coming headlights cause a glare and you can't see nothing. try sticking your head out at 60 mph and seeing, it an't no fun. :eek:

I won't use rainX again, great in the day time but when night time hits, the on coming headlights cause a glare and you can't see nothing. try sticking your head out at 60 mph and seeing, it an't no fun. :eek:

whaaa, really? i've been using it for almost 20 years and i've never had that problem. are you sure your wiping it off real good like waxing a car. i cant stress it more, make sure your car is freshly washed and dried when you apply. clean glass is the key.

use the liquid type in the yellow bottle, "not the wipes or the spray on dont wipe off type".

edit: forgot to ad that i use the orange rain x washer fluid on top of it to recharge betwwen applications :)

Edited by dayton100

One trick when cleaning the window....and this may help even more in those areas with a lot of smog and crap coming down with the rain.... scrub the window with #0000 (4 zeros) steel wool until it's perfectly smooth. If you apply the rainx with the minerals and waterspots still on the window, it doesn't last as long and isn't as effective. If you look at the window at a really close angle, you can usually see the water spots, evev though the window looks clear straight on.