road side smog check

:blink: I mean here in Texas when you get your car inspected which is about the only time you'll ever get checked for emissions related thing unless cops go looking for it for some reason. I believe in some places in North Texas they have emissions testing and such but as far as ive seen in San Antonio there is little or none. I was just commenting that is sucks for Cali but nice for Texas cuz we dont have to deal with that...I dont know how many people that I know would be ticketed or whatnot for things like that if it happened here.

It's not just Dallas/Ft. Worth, but Houston and Austin are stuck with emissions testing as well. It won't be long before San Antonio is hit with it too. (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/index.htm)

My 510's are completely exempt under Texas law, but my 240sx is not. Texas exempts vehicles over 25 years old.

In the counties affected by these tests in Texas they set up these roadside trucks similar to what DenverRatsun was describing. A white box truck with sensors and cameras. If by their sensors you pass, you never see anything, but if you fail you'll get a letter in the mail supposedly repealing your inspecting and demanding that you go in for re-inspection.

My 240sx didn't pass last year, but I got a sticker and paperwork saying it passes. I'll have to do the same this year. When I see those testing trucks (they always set up on an onramp where you'll be accelerating) I bypass them and take a different route...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a issue making my 74 Ford Grand Torino pass. 351 Cleveland, with cam, and headers. My solution after talking w/ the smog test guy. No way in hell was that car going to pass. Because of the age, you are given a higher limit of gasses. To what a perfect mantained, optimal running 351 should be running at. I was way above the limit. He was really cool, and let me try to lean it out, adjust my timing. Nothing worked. So after talking to him, he said just put a cat on the bitch. Genius, went home, grabbed my cat off my 3000 GT, cut my exhaust off, the length of the cat, and wedged it in there. Didn't cut the flanges off it or anything, I still needed it for my other car. Just pushed it in, Exhaust leak and all. He put the probe in that side w/ my shoved in cat and it passed w/ flying colors.

So you could allways try to put a cat on it. I live in Las Vegas, so our laws are not as strict as Cali, but the smog guy said that the laws only forbid you from removing, disabling stock emissions, they don't say anything about adding a modern cat. So now my 74 has a flanged end on the left pipe, I had a test pipe made and next test time, all I gotta do is unbolt 4 bolts, replace w/ the cat and make sure the smog guy only tests my left side.

That's a shocking story Jaime. I would be on a roof top or some shit, how infuriating.........

Over a brat too? I'd sue or something in a heart beat.

I honestly don't mind stricter emissions testing and regulation I just wish it was for real and not bullshit. If they really cared, trailers and industry would be the ones feeling the pinch since they pump out more, way more then all the old cars combined x10. Blaming hippies or "tree huggers" w/e is really ignorant too, this gestapo shit has nothing to do with the environment, they are just using it as a scapegoat to milk money.

The state just started enforcing WAY stricter emmisions on all diesels including excavators and large tractors.

The other industry thats responsable for GROSS polution is the airline industry.

The state just started enforcing WAY stricter emmisions on all diesels including excavators and large tractors.

The other industry thats responsable for GROSS polution is the airline industry.

Well that's good in my opinion. The airlines are BAD, its a shame they can't run their companies worth a shit or they could afford to phase in some newer technology.

That is the issue with Signing your Drivers License, Title, Registration while failing to put W/O Prejudice UCC 1-207 above your signature.

By signing these items a person voluntarily signs away a 9th Amendment Protected Right to have it Converted to a Privilege under Contractual Law (Universal Commercial Code).

I know I know...Right to Drive is not in the U.S. Constitution. The correct answer is, Right to Drive is not in the Constitution Verbatim. The 9th Amendment specifically Prohibits Government of any form or nature from Creating Laws which Deny or Disparage a Right just because its not specifically protected by name.

Where I am getting to is, that Smog Trucks Violate Due Process of Law. A Police Officer, even under DMV Regulations may still only stop you for 3 reasons.

Interview

Investigative

Criminal

Traffic Violations that are Non-Criminal constitute a Civil Stop. I will also note, Per the U.S. Constitution "Where Law is Created Contrary to the Constitution, The Constitution shall be the Supreme Law of the Land".

In General Contractual Court a Judge can Ignore this. In Special Appearance Court based on Due Process of Law a Judge ignores this at their Peril. At any point where a Citizen of the United States agrees to something specified by a Court, it falls under the auspices of a General Court. Special Courts may only be convened where a Defendant is Compelled by Force of Law to Appear (ie. Due Process of Law.)

The only way to really take back our own Sovereign Authority is to literally take it.

Do not believe everything you read. Not even what I said. Research the Information yourself using Legal Documentation. Read and Decide for yourself.

Special Note: If a Lawyer represents you, you're in General Court. By letting a Lawyer represent you as an Officer of the Court, rather than you Representing yourself and the Lawyer acting as Counsel you are considered Mentally Incompetent and a Ward of the Court.

Republic of the United States of America:thumbsup:

United States Government:fu:

Its easy to site laws the contradict one another, try getting the government to give a shit. There is a whole deal about having your name all in caps vs just the 1st letter too blah blah. Explain that to the cop when he pulls you over or try getting the judge to care.

The real solution is for EVERYONE to spread proper education to registered voters. Mad people bitch and moan, 2/3 don't have a voter reg.

Doesn't matter what laws you can cite, it still comes down to the decision of people in power. Get the right ones in there to decide, problem solved.

The real solution is for EVERYONE to spread proper education to registered voters.

That was actually my intent. I agree, Proper Education and awareness of the Truth of Law to a sufficient number of individuals; would hopefully lead to a restoration of the Original Intent of Law and a Limit on Big Brother Government.

300,000,000 Americans. Only 299,999,999 to go.:D Anyone have a Direct Line to President Obama? Best to start the Education Process at the Top.

Edited by az_rat210
My Punctuation Sucks.