road side smog check

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Once I was running at about noon on Heil street in Huntington Beach, when I saw one of those entrapment smog check points. The bastard cops had their trailer camouflages on Heil at Edwards, under some bushy Ficus trees.

As I ran past the station, I told the cops, "Shame on you, this is an ilegal operation, instead of coming here to harrass people, why don't you go after corporations and compell them to sell smog related parts for the cars you so much want to label as gross polluters?"

The law only compells automotive manufacturers to sell smog related parts for 10 years after a particular car hits the market in the US.

At the same time, Arnold Swatzenegger has modified the law to require that vehicles 35 years old pass a stringent smog test.

Were can you go to buy any smog related parts so that your car can pass the emissions test??

If your car was made prior to 1999, you can not find smog related parts at dealers. At the same time, the law does not require the smog stations to tell you what is wrong with your car, so you can buy that faulty part.

This is a set up to destroy all older cars and force people to buy new cars that will pay fees and smog related taxes for the next 35 years!

It is time the constituent takes the law back. The officials, elected and self appointed have taken the law as means to create profit and revenue for law enforcement and state agencies. They run the law and all related rules and regulations enactment channels as a corporation. They are in to make profit for the state, the county, and themselves, because every law that is enacted and becomes profitable assures the proponents and backers of said law big bonuses.

I wish America would wake up, the sad part is that, when finally the people decide to do something, it will be too late. The grip this mafia of leeches has on the judicial and executive branches has attained organized ring proportions.

Jaime.__________________________________________________

I wonder what they would do if you had current tags, insurance and smog and refused to give them permission to inspect your vehicle, ie, run you engine for them?

They're supposed to have probable cause of some sort to basically inspect your vehicle? Do they only do it to "modified" looking vehicles?

I wonder what they would do if you had current tags, insurance and smog and refused to give them permission to inspect your vehicle, ie, run you engine for them?

They're supposed to have probable cause of some sort to basically inspect your vehicle? Do they only do it to "modified" looking vehicles?

I believe it will fall under the same circumstances of why they are allowed to do road side sobriety tests "for public safety" or some garbage like that.

Nice thing here is they usually dont even touch the emissions just check your gas cap, lights, drive around and maybe just maybe they might check to see if your catalytic converter is there.

Once I was running at about noon on Heil street in Huntington Beach, when I saw one of those entrapment smog check points. The bastard cops had their trailer camouflages on Heil at Edwards, under some bushy Ficus trees.

As I ran past the station, I told the cops, "Shame on you, this is an ilegal operation, instead of coming here to harrass people, why don't you go after corporations and compell them to sell smog related parts for the cars you so much want to label as gross polluters?"

The law only compells automotive manufacturers to sell smog related parts for 10 years after a particular car hits the market in the US.

At the same time, Arnold Swatzenegger has modified the law to require that vehicles 35 years old pass a stringent smog test.

Were can you go to buy any smog related parts so that your car can pass the emissions test??

If your car was made prior to 1999, you can not find smog related parts at dealers. At the same time, the law does not require the smog stations to tell you what is wrong with your car, so you can buy that faulty part.

This is a set up to destroy all older cars and force people to buy new cars that will pay fees and smog related taxes for the next 35 years!

It is time the constituent takes the law back. The officials, elected and self appointed have taken the law as means to create profit and revenue for law enforcement and state agencies. They run the law and all related rules and regulations enactment channels as a corporation. They are in to make profit for the state, the county, and themselves, because every law that is enacted and becomes profitable assures the proponents and backers of said law big bonuses.

I wish America would wake up, the sad part is that, when finally the people decide to do something, it will be too late. The grip this mafia of leeches has on the judicial and executive branches has attained organized ring proportions.

Jaime.__________________________________________________

i see it all the time. i will drive around it, and then go back on the opposite street and wave:D

I don't think it works like that. That is set up by the great state of california.

And the CHP is there it's not a search and take you to jail thing. Just like jamie6 said it's about the money.

Fuckin frog lickin tree huggers :fu::fu:

Nice thing here is they usually dont even touch the emissions just check your gas cap, lights, drive around and maybe just maybe they might check to see if your catalytic converter is there.

Your so wrong.!!!!!!

That's the only reason they are there. Did you watch the video.? They had a smog machine right there on the side of the road. A DYNO smog machine.!!!!!

I don't think you need one of them to check a head light or cas cap.

do what i do i have a hidden start switch. that way they can try to start your car and it wont run. You may have to tow it home but they can't force you to fix anything if they cant test :)

Your so wrong.!!!!!!

That's the only reason they are there. Did you watch the video.? They had a smog machine right there on the side of the road. A DYNO smog machine.!!!!!

I don't think you need one of them to check a head light or cas cap.

:blink: I mean here in Texas when you get your car inspected which is about the only time you'll ever get checked for emissions related thing unless cops go looking for it for some reason. I believe in some places in North Texas they have emissions testing and such but as far as ive seen in San Antonio there is little or none. I was just commenting that is sucks for Cali but nice for Texas cuz we dont have to deal with that...I dont know how many people that I know would be ticketed or whatnot for things like that if it happened here.

:blink: I mean here in Texas when you get your car inspected which is about the only time you'll ever get checked for emissions related thing unless cops go looking for it for some reason. I believe in some places in North Texas they have emissions testing and such but as far as ive seen in San Antonio there is little or none. I was just commenting that is sucks for Cali but nice for Texas cuz we dont have to deal with that...I dont know how many people that I know would be ticketed or whatnot for things like that if it happened here.

Yea it's a california thing for now. But it will travel east in due time. :(

Denver,Colorado....February, 2009

Saw one of these for the first time...I was like:eek::eek::confused:

REALLY?? They have these little box trucks with all these sensors and pipes coming out of it. The lines go across the street and they have little reflective lenses...and to make it even better...???

They take a picture of your lisence plate as you go by. If your car passes the "smog test" than they send you a renewal...if it doesn't...they can send you a letter with a fine amount that you have to pay.

The smog station I went to the other day actually confirmed all of this.

Talk about compulsory!:blink:

Start practicing your goose-steppin boys.

'75 and older is smog exempt in California. One look at the registration and they have nothing to test for...

WRONG!!!!!!!!

You are NOT exempt. If you get stuck in one of these things your fucked. You don't have to smog your car. But none of us are exempt. Plain and simple you will have to make your car pass the smog check.

i would like to add more to my hidden start switch answer.

Put a hidden hood release on the vehicle.

The excuse you will have to come up with is entirely up to you.

So the cops got you on the side of the road. your hood cable just broke and the car died. what are they gonna do then.

Guest jaimesix

If I were stuck in one of these traps, I would plainly state my refusal to take said test.

If my car is exempted by law, I am afraid what Datrod says is also true, they ( state ) can request a test at will. Still, you can refuse to take the test, they can not force you to take it, but then, the cops can notify the DMV and the DMV can send you an order to comply.

The good thing is that later on, you have the chance to connect all the smog crap, or borrow a stock engine to swap in for the test. That buys time.

Now, with an attorney this required test can be challenged, because, as I mentioned before, there is a problem with the law. Federal and State law only require car manufacturers to retail smog related parts for 10 years after a particular car is sold on the market. If your Datsun is a 74, that gives you the argument to assert that since 1984, Nissan has not sold any smog related components to replace in your car. That makes mandatory compliance imposible, while there is no mandatory requirement on manufacturers at all.

I had something similar happened to me with my Subaru Brat. Back in 02, my Subaru brat was in perfect shape. I had it painted at Long Beach auto body school, and I rebuilt myself the carburetor, by thoroughly disassembling it. The truck was a piece of british clock machine, it was just great.

I took it to get smogged. It did not pass. I went to the referee, it diod not pass. I contacted the smog officials at the Bureau of Automotive Repair, the ones in charge. There were no parts available at any Subaru dealers. The referee said that the Thermal Reactor ( similar to but pre- catalic converter device ) was bad. Subaru US looked for this part in its international warehouses in South America ( Peru ) South East Asia ( Australia ) Europe ( Spain ) and did not find one. With that letter, I went back to the Bureau of Automotive Repair, and then, they admitted the situation and issued a letter of exemption, after they themselves, through a agency they call, "Smog Parts Locator", could not find the Thermal Reactor.

With that letter of exemption I went back to the Referee. I asked for an official from the Bureau of A R to be present.

When I got to the referee's office, said referee did not want to accept the letter of exemption, and instead, proceeded to put the car on the smog machine. I told him that smogging the car would achieve nothing, because it would not pass, he was supposed to verify my car was indeed the car in question ( vin number and id ) and grant the exemption. To no avail, this idiot ran the car on the machine, and said, "Your car does not pass".

When I asked the official from the Bureau to do something, he walked away!!!!!:eek: son of a bitch, he was not going to do his job, instead, he was going to let this idiot referee screw me, even though it was illegal!

So again, my car was screwed, and when I called the Bureau, and explained what happened, off course, they never ever returned my calls. It was the mafia at work. My car had to be destroyed because this idiots so desired.

Weeks later, the city impounded my car while it was parked in front of my home, with a permit still valid on the window ( red square with a number for a month ), claiming I did not have license tags.

I explained to the police what happened, I showed them my DMV fees paid in full. I showed them the letter of exemption, to no avail. The only way to get the car back was to show the license tags, they did not care the car was paid in full, full registration ( not a non op.) nor the letter of exemption, nothing.

When I called the agency that issued the letter of exemption, they would not return my calls.

Car was gone. The mafia at work. I have all the paperwork still, they illegaly screwed me, and the city, the bureau of automotive repair, the smog parts locator, the cities, and the police department, together with the DMV of CA work in unison to break the law and commit fraud, misrepresentation and plain robbery, under the color of the law!

Garbage, plain rubbish! We have to begin a movement by which we, the people, take the bull by the horns, and sign a petition, whatever the number of signatures it takes ( I think it is 100, 000 or one hundred thousand ) so that we can repeal the current smog laws . Either require car manufacturers to sell smog related parts for 35 years, or else, cars shoule become exempted after ten years, which is the time automotive manufacturers are compelled by law to sell these parts.

And any and all public officials that engage in fraud and in wanton disregard for the law should be imprisoned, fined, and barred from ever exercising any public position within the state of Ca.!!!

Jaime._______________________________________________________

I'm so glad I live in Idaho. They only smog check in southern Idaho cuz thats where most californians move too, no pun intended to the CA ratsuneers on here, but they bring their disneyland laws with em and try and enact em here, but they don't make it this far up north.

jamiesix,

Boy you have this down pat. Sure glad you don't work for the state :lol:

Your Brat had a thermal reactor? WTF.

hell with that jaimesix we need people like you to come and work for the state.

I'm in state parks and i try to stop the bullshit (spending mostly) at every turn. But good old Arnold Fu#kbags is determined to contract out all state work with the exception on CHP (they provide his personal bodyguard's) .

(contractors cost 4 to 6 time what a hired state employee can do the job for and are also there to repair it when it starts falling apart)

In short i believe the upper parts of government and union are throughly corrupt and after nothing more then money for them and thier friends.

Oh and Jaimesix if you do have all the paperwork and docs you should deffinitly SUE (the state pays the lowest wage out there for their lawyers) any good lawyer should be able to whip the crap out of em. (it's the DA that has the good people)

Edited by Lozer

oh and jaimesix if you do have all the paperwork and docs you should deffinitly sue (the state pays the lowest wage out there for their lawyers) any good lawyer should be able to whip the crap out of em. (it's the da that has the good people)

deffinetly!!!!!!

I live in Huntington Beach and I have seen this thing setup at Goldenwest College Parking lot. They had an area coned so that you couldnt turn off for 'initial inspection (harassment),' then off to the machine. In the background a host of extra cops and tow trucks to haul off the offenders! Basically it served two purposes......1. Since it is supposedly illegal to pull you over for nothing, it gives them a true 'reason' to go through your ish. They have to option of waving you through but they pick and choose who they want to harass. If you are young, black/hispanic....a minority, driving a 'nice car', have an exhaust, driving grandma's car but have your hat on backwards.....they got ya. Its about much more than a smog test! 2. This is a perfect CASH COW for a broke state. I can guarantee that as long as the state is broke, you will see this more and more. Between the cars that dont pass and the random tickets they write for anything they can.......roll in the dough!

But dont complain, be happy! They do all this to serve you and the community.......remember?