lsd or nah??

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold one of the axle flanges. Turn the input flange.

* If both axles turn, and you can't prevent the one from turning it is LSD

* if the other axle turns, but the one you're holding stay stopped, it is not LSD

thank you i think i tried that but not sure i'll try it tomorrow

That almost looks like an R180 to me...

The mustache bar tells me it was previously mounted in a 70's Datsun. If original, none of them were factory LSD. On the super rare chance you found a NISMO unit someone bought aftermarket then test as mentioned above.

If you find a 300ZX turbo from the 80's, look for the diff cover with cooling fins (heatsink) in it. That one has a smooth cover.

Also, you can just open it up and look if you dont want to turn the input shaft :D

looks like a R200.maybe R230?????????????has a hump

99% were NOT LSDs

That almost looks like an R180 to me...

The mustache bar tells me it was previously mounted in a 70's Datsun. If original, none of them were factory LSD. On the super rare chance you found a NISMO unit someone bought aftermarket then test as mentioned above.

If you find a 300ZX turbo from the 80's, look for the diff cover with cooling fins (heatsink) in it. That one has a smooth cover.

Also, you can just open it up and look if you dont want to turn the input shaft :D

thanks guys i'll check it out

The N3100 suffix number is used on many of the internal parts of the R-200 diff. Also it looks more like my R-200 than an R-180. I'll say it's an R-200.

Here's my 4:11 R-200:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/diffR-200411001Large.jpg[/img]"]diffR-200411001Large.jpg

To me the R200 looks mostly straight down one side with a bulge to the left.

The one below doesn't quite look like it to me but it could just be the angles of the pictures.

photo165.jpg