Disc Brake kits 521/520/320/620

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Okay....I'm back home and able to box/ship the remaining kits. I've got one 620 kit boxed and ready to go. I've also got two 521 kits. I must have counted some stuff wrong since I've got brackets for a 4th kit, but not all the parts. I'll probably hang onto them until I get more adapters made. Anyway.....

Another kit just sold....another pending....so I have one 521 kit left. It can be turned into a 620 kit if needed. My plans are to turn around and do another batch of 10 kits, but I would like to sell the last one first :)

• 3 weeks later...

hey, not to anyone in particular:

i have the famed "mikeklotz" supremo disc brake conversion set and i was wondering if someone could help me zero in on what parts i should by for my 320 that wont have to be cut or altered or if they need to be then which one part will need to be altered.

any help building this parts list?....

hub

caliper

any ____?

i just dont want to get the wrong stuff as i plan to get most of my stuff possibly from Rock auto.

'83-85 720. Early has the 620 style rotor/caliper, but the hub will work. Later has a rotor with the top hat that's too tall and the hub would have to get machined to fit small center hole wheels....but the caliper should work. The '84ish parts are the best....especially if you find donor parts that can be used "as is". Always best to by new rotor and caliper. Doh....just read the last line of your post...... order '84 720 2wd parts :) Yea!! Time to sleep!!

Burrito, I wheels that AZhitman brought to you fit on the 1980 720 hubs. The rotors, calipers, brake pads, & brakes hoses are are 1985 720. The wheels without the rivets are fine. This is what I have on my 66 520 and that I tried your wheels on.

So I've had 4 guys tell me they wanted the kit....one even said they were going to paypal me when they got home....I assumed from work, but maybe he's out of the country.....anyway.....as of yet, no one has sent any money so I still have a kit available, in the box, ready to ship. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm a new member. I recently acquired a 73 620 shortbed, then I quickly learned myself on the freeways that I would need a more reliable braking system. The truck came with 14 inch rims which I would like to keep. I did a little bit of search and found that your disc brake conversion kit would clear the 14". Is the disc conversion kit still available? Thanks.

So I've had 4 guys tell me they wanted the kit....one even said they were going to paypal me when they got home....I assumed from work, but maybe he's out of the country.....anyway.....as of yet, no one has sent any money so I still have a kit available, in the box, ready to ship. :)

• 2 weeks later...

i was looking at the 1985 720 calipers on rock auto and i was wondering if there was one i should pick....

a lot of different styles like: loaded, semi loaded.....

and with the hydraulic hose, do i get the 2wd front left and right?..... it has a boxier look on one end

any help

sorry to bug.

2wd hoses.

I believe the "loaded" simply means it comes with pads......which is usually a better deal, unless you have other pads you want to run. If you had a set of ceramics you wanted to run instead, you would not want "loaded" calipers.

I think before I have another set of kits done, I should do another install thread :)

:)

just fyi for people interested in mklotz70's disc brake conversion and wanted to know differences in terms when buying the calipers:

Unloaded, Loaded, Semi-loaded Calipers. What's the difference?!

Unloaded - Caliper

Loaded - Caliper, caliper mounting bracket, hardware (shims, sometimes bolts, rubber thingies, metal retainer thing), pads

Semi-Loaded - Caliper, caliper mounting bracket, hardware, no pads.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Burrito. :)

Just FYI at this point.....I've placed the orders for the cnc'd adapters and laser cut brackets.....so I'm doing another batch of 10. I've already got one prepaid order. I sold the last 10 without having to do ebay,.....this time I will probably put them up there to see what happens.

I'd love to get another couple of prepaids :) hhmm....I really need to do another for sale thread and instruction thread!! :) Oh well....it won't be tonight!!!!

$260+$15(shipping)=$275

They say everyone is broke, just broke at different levels. The guy that told me that was a Dr., driving a jag, with a house on the water and an enclosed pool.......I'd like to be broke at his level!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.