• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I need some help.

I DID DO A SEARCH.

I have a no crank - no start problem on my '78 kc.

I thought the ignition switch was going bad, as it has been acting up for the past few months. To eliminate the ignition switch I pulled the plug off the back of the ignition switch to see if I could jump start it there. NO. When I jump the ignition is takes 5 to 45 seconds for the lights on the dash to come on and they go off as soon as I try to jump the starter. Then there is a delay before they come on again.

Is there a ignition relay? A starter relay?

What do you guys think?

Thanks - Bob

Did you check any of the relays yet Bob? Has this been fixed yet?

No, not yet. - I have been driving the MX520 and my M3. I don't know which is more fun! :P I do miss driving the 620. :(

I took 5 minutes and looked at the 620. It was easy. The battery terminals were just dirty. I took them off cleaned them up and that was it.

Back on the road. ;)

• 2 months later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead!

Got to hang out with Bob the other day and after looking at his awesome new 411 Goon...and the Opposition Goon...and the 320...........and the MX520..........................we did the required "modification" to fit 17' Yukon rims on his 1978 KC...I think it looks pretty cool. We did talk about "lower"...

7a0d0ec5.jpg

4c4b45af.jpg

f110cc1c.jpg

that would have been a good reason to buy a lathe!! :)

....or maybe I should say "excuse"! :)

I think excuse is better!

620003.jpg

Next to my 2500 Mega Cab.

620001.jpg

I fixed up the rear of the 620 today. I cleaned up the inside of my very dirty tail lights and freshened up the paint around my tail lights and license plate.

620017.jpg

620015.jpg

620016.jpg

Bob, Just found this thread, you are a lucky guy, if I would have found that KC, it would have been in my shop instead of yours! LOL!:lol:

Now that the weather is getting better, we need to get that M&G going. As soon as the doctor OKs me to drive again I'd like to at least drive down to meet you and take a look at your toys. I've been home from the hospital for a week as of today, and I'm working on my KC doing little things as I can, I can't pickup more than 10lbs, can't bend over, or twist, so I'm not getting much done, but I'm finding enough to keep busy. Did you ever find out what the electrical problem was? I have a gremlin on mine now, Ignition switch works, but no power is making it to the relay, without bending or twisting it's hard to look for the cause.

I agree with the other guy, you should keep it in the family this time, either S15 or maybe 350Z? If you don't like any of the Nissan suspension options, at least use Nissan power.

Later,:cool:

• 4 weeks later...

The MX520 is still at the body shop and I finally got a little time in my shop today. So . . . I built an air-dam for the 620!

620028.jpg

620029.jpg

I had nothing else to do - we were snowed in! :P