Bobs 78 620 KC !

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After the Mothers Day Dinner I went out to the shop and did this!

New620KC5-105-09001.jpg

New620KC5-105-09002.jpg

New620KC5-105-09003.jpg

New620KC5-105-09004.jpg

New620KC5-105-09005.jpg

New620KC5-105-09006.jpg

Check out the new mirrors!

Dang, I would have made the drive too lol.

Man...that's a long drive for a topper. I tell you what...if Bob still has it sittin there for me in a week or two when I FINALLY have time to go see him...and if it doesn't fit, or looks like a horses az on my 521, and it's cool with Bob...I (or Bob...:D) will pm you and let you know. It would be cool to meet some more Ratsuners.

We would have some bbq or somethin too. Thats just how we do in Colorado.:cool:

Yeah Bob...great lookin sun. what about a little bright red pinstripe all around the blacked out sections? Or a different color...oooooo man...Fisch needs to see it!

What does the wife think about it? I showed mine a pic of a 510 on here with the Rising Sun hood treatment and she was like...:blink:...:confused:...and I was like...:D...and she was like...:(...so now I'm like...:cool:

I may just do it out of tape and let her see it. I really like it Bob...great lookin truck. Yours and mine are sittin about the same.

I don't plan on putting any paint on mine, since I'm going to use it as a "truck" for a while (work, mud, woods, etc.) but I have some leftover paint from when I painted the rails and hooks, I'm so gonna throw a rising sun on the hood.

I bet all these wwII survivors around here will love it, I'll just have to explain that it's not a Mitsubishi XD

I also built a new exhaust today. That side exit was WAY TOO LOW!

Now all I have to do is CRUZ IT! RATSUN STYLE! :D:lol::):w00t::thumbsup::P

Bad Ass Bob!

Figure out a weekend when we can all come down, cook up some burgers, throw back some brews and shoot the shit again. We just need to get all the CO guys down there this time.... or hell maybe I can have one in NoCO. You guys can stand around my truck this time :lol:

Bad Ass Bob!

Figure out a weekend when we can all come down, cook up some burgers, throw back some brews and shoot the shit again. We just need to get all the CO guys down there this time.... or hell maybe I can have one in NoCO. You guys can stand around my truck this time :lol:

Yeah, I'm down with a NoCo trip. I'm not sure that your shop will have as much stuff to get distracted by as Bob's:eek::lol:

I would love to come with some work clothes...wait...is there any other kind...:blink:...and get to work on something. I mean, sanding, grinding, painting, cleaning, wirebrushing, rolok discing....way cooler than standing around!:D

For what it's worth, my weekends are trashed for a while.:rolleyes:

Truck looks killer:cool: Exhaust looks a lil low now that you have dropped the truck. Time to reroute it and run it all the way back. Nothin like a lowered 620 to drive around in:D

A little birdie said...Not for long for no Springs e-tests :) I heard that from someone who is involved with overhauling the classic plate legislation due to people "abusing" it. Your truck is a classic, but there are people out there who don't think so, and now they have come after those who choose to get the plates. So don't take too much off that truck smog wise, or at least keep it handy.

I for the life of me don't know how your truck passed the E-test. Rubbing it in when it comes to emissions..LOL, I've got a story for you.

As I said before, I get the a**holes when testing, and today was no exception. I warmed my truck up real nice before taking it down to Air Care, and it proceeded to sit there for almost ONE HOUR COOLING OFF while I argued with some guy who didn't know SH*T. He was trying to tell me that I had an air pump on my L20B Federal which it never had, then he was trying to tell me that I had some other sort of similar "device", and he searched for it for 15 friggin minutes with a flashlight and mirror! Cmon now...How much is there too look at in a 4 banger engine compartment over 25 years old?! The only thing I could think of was the air injection gallery that is hooked up the back of the air cleaner. He told me that it was hooked directly to the INTAKE not exhaust manifold (which it's NOT). He was looking his info up in books, calling the STATE, etc. I was getting pissed by the minute, and he threatened to call the cops! I am convinced at this point they do all they can to help you...FAIL.

After 15 more minutes he walks in the little holding pen :D and tells me that the EGR tube on the exhaust manifold is actually the "air induction valve"! I had my owners manual, and showed him the freaking diagram right out of there, and THAT wasn't enough for this idiot! Meanwhile, my truck cooled off, but...it PASSED, but barely. Higher HC's than normal...

Short story long, don't throw all the emissions stuff away for that little truck becuase when the next legislative session rolls around in the fall, you migh need it again. Might want to try to pick up a Hitachi w/air cleaner, or at least fabricate a stock looking air cleaner for that Weber to hide it..

SHEESH, ***K! :rolleyes: :mad:

Edited by Buzzbomb
  • 3 months later...
Hell yeah bob that looks awesome! Not to bouncy? :thumbup: thats a ratsun to be proud of.

Bart - you were right, it was way too bouncy. I switched out the 3" blocks for 2" blocks. I tightened up the front bars and brought it up about 1.25" and got it off the bump stops. I installed 4 new shocks, and I must say, it's like a new truck! I drive this thing about three to four times per week and I love it!:D:p

Now that I'm making it more "comfortable" to daily drive, I ordered some "fat-mat" to quite it down inside and kill some of the heat from the floor. I'm looking for a nice carpet kit to finish it off. SLODAT makes a set that I want to see. I may just get one from him to keep it in the family.:thumbup:

I really didn't think it was all that bad although you were sitting on bump stop and i am pretty young.... but you drive stiff race cars (and I can tell by your highway driving :lol: )

Either way, Caitlin loved it and i loved it, maybe i could talk you out of it sometime in the future. I need a good gas saving daily.

Edited by Madness

I installed the "Fat Mat" and I must say it is SOOOO MUCH Quieter!!!

MX5209-06-09002.jpg

MX5209-06-09004.jpg

MX5209-06-09005.jpg

I LOVE the new ride height! It is soo much nicer. Here is a pic of my MX520 enging & trans loaded up and going to the car wash.

MX5209-06-09006.jpg

Damn you went all out on the sound deadening!

How much coin per square foot?

$159.99 for 100 s/f on ebay with free shipping. $1.60 per s/f. It is very nice, 80 mil thick. It is called "Rattle Trap". It came in two rolls, 50 s/f each and the shipping weight was 43lbs! You will not believe how much quieter the truck is now! I love it!:D:D:D

I need to get a carpet kit now. Slodat makes one, but I need to see one first, because it is expensive!

I covered the entire back wall and the inside of the "king cab" walls, the entire floor and up the firewall and front fenders (as you see in the photos). I used less than one roll. I have about 6 or 8 s/f left from roll one and all of roll two. So my 620 took about 44 s/f total, ONE LAYER. I don't know if I would need or want a second layer, this stuff is 80 mil thick! You will need to check it out. I'll give you a call.:thumbup: