• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^   pics go a long way    what bugs me the most is not telling me what years they are.   Not sure why sorta

its kinda close to me so im going to investigate

It's my ad ( it was, past tense).  I posted pics the next day (I have a 1 mbps connection :crying: and CL timed out on me the first try)  

What I've got:

1971 Wagon, tan, L20b, Weber 32/36. Runs, doesn't really drive yet.  P.O. gm hei conversion is junky. P.O. discarded fuel tank, presumably rusty.  Does not charge.  Drives, shifts, brakes ok around the property, but the P.O. set it up with a MOTORBOAT fuel tank in the back luggage area INSIDE, which scared me, so it's gone.  I have a good used tank to go in it.  Driver's door skin peeled away with odd injury.  Ratsun member sold me a good replacement door, non color matching.  The car has some rust and warts, but it's not bad.  A close friend has dibs on that car.  Things like the factory tachometer and the L20b indicate a prior owner/enthusiast with good sense.IMG_3774_zpsnuc6wott.jpg

1972 Wagon, Orange. Had L20b in it non-running when purchased. Leak-down test was poor, so motor was pulled.  Set to work repairing some rust, also cleaned up and primered engine bay (PPG K36) That's how it sits.  Actually sold it to a friend, who then needed his garage back, so I bought it back.  He installed drop blocks on the leaf springs.  I installed slightly longer ARP studs in the rear - it's a pain, but it's just a thing I've taken to doing on my 510's for safety and wheel-choice flexibility.  Has some driver's footwell floorpan rust holes.  Some goodies like 280zx struts with coil overs and ? camber plates with spacers....but not sure they're all correct...strut inserts appear adjustable but are not yet properly fitted.

510HRdistractions1.jpgOffered the two-car package deal-for $5000 with an L20b here or there, a 4spd - or for up charge a 280zx 5-spd....buyer's choice.

I talked with a LOT of Datsun folks, with virtually NO interest in wagons, but lot's of interest in the 2 sedan (2-doors 70 and 72) PARTS CARS that I have.  They are rusty.  No titles. Rusty.  The one "ran when rolled" -ONTO IT"S ROOF! - but does have L20b and 280zx 5 spd.  Driveshaft modified accordingly.  The other car is a ghost-shell of it's previous self - few parts there except suspension parts, firewall, tunnels etc.  Slim picking

IMG_3770_zpsfzpbd0vj.jpg

IMG_3771_zpst0vpac6q.jpg

Other random stuff.  A87 head.  "Datsun 1600" valve cover.  BRE manifold for L-16-20 Solex/Mikuni. ZX 5-spds. Set of 2-door doors.  Good grilles and lower grille moulding.  Diffs, crossmember (race-prepped rear control arm set, and regular set).  ...lot's of stuff.  Struts.  13x7 Libres.  15x7  32mm ET Watanabes - gosh, lots of stuff.

If you wish to inquire about the SEDANS, the answer is NO.  Nothing is good.  There are no titles.  Nothing can be restored. Nothing is worth your time to come out, so nothing is worth my time to explain this to you.  Pardon the attitude, but having explained this, in no uncertain terms, to so many people made me tire of the process, so I took that ad down.  I realize it sounds bitter, but really, it became a SUBSTANTIAL amount of time that I was wasting... and limited time was the motivation for offering these up for sale in the first place, so lesson learned there for me.  

re: the earlier question on the roadsters:

The 63 310 1500 single carb 3-seat is a non-running assemblage of parts.  Lots of parts, including NOS single carb, NOS BLOCK! in mummified Japanese crate, etc.  It's been enjoying dry storage space in my shop and I've been accumulating parts, powder coating wheels etc.  It's a "long run" project, but for 1500 nerd, it's pretty much something.  Les Cannady's is the only earlier one known to me on the registry. This one's #76, a special number to me....  $6k as it sits.

The 69 2000 Roadster I purchased from the original owner, a little old lady from Florida!  (she wasn't old when she bought it, and she lived in N.C. when she sold it).  The u20 suffered from prolonged stasis when she and her husband went to Germany.  Ultimately, the engine needed rebuild, and I went all ahead full with that.  I purchased u20 parts...OMG!  (I bought my first 510 with nice mods (Mikuni's, LSD, 5-spd) for less than the going cost of a U20 TIMING chain/gear set!    Anyway, the car was a nice example so I went with it.. custom head port, exhaust valve seat/bowl mod, cam, and JE pistons per Dave Rebello, designed for a fast street engine on pump gas - should better a b-cam Solex car by a bit, and the SU's are...SU's.  I like the sound of side-drafts and the economy of SU's - stayed with the original spec.. full $700 Z-therapy rebuild there.  Non-rusty car, repainted burgundy from the beige tan, now could use repaint.  Glass and top all good.  14" Libres with new Yokohamas or powder coated OE steelies with new Michelins.  5-spd.  Pretty much original high-windshield, later model roadster. 118k miles.  $12.5k as it sits.

Interested, solid folks (Ratsuners) may contact me via PM.  It's easier for me to send pics to emails or text them to phones.

a 1 mbps connection is OK, fast enough for photos for sure

But if its via DSL, there can be problems depending on how overloaded your neighborhood is

Worse if its satellite you aren't getting the speed advertised. And the upload speed is very low.

a 1 mbps connection is OK, fast enough for photos for sure

But if its via DSL, there can be problems depending on how overloaded your neighborhood is

Worse if its satellite you aren't getting the speed advertised. And the upload speed is very low.

Yep, we have DSL and a few neighbors are big users.  I have to try at different times of the day and be very patient.  It's better than dial up though.  Photobucket tutorial posted here by Telkwa is much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...