East Coast Craig's List finds- resurrected from old Classifieds

It's back!

Datsun 710

This time I'm bidding on it. Last time it maxed out around $3500, which I'm starting to think is less than it will cost to fix my 710. Reserve isn't met yet. We'll see how it goes.

Nice! It is a sweet ass Datsun! Good luck man! You already have a great parts car for it if you win!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meant to put this in the east coast classifieds!

Noice! Maybe the 5th 521 I have seen for sale in a 4 state area in 4 years! NY. Actually near my old stomping grounds. Price is right at $500 bones. Too bad I already have one!!

521 fever

3pa3o83lf5Z25W55U5ach85b5ca7862f31540.jpg

3n53k13oe5T45P55R5ach02d5b96ad6a616e2.jpg

And they just after mentioning how few there are in this corner of the country, this pops up!

Maine 521

3kd3oe3p45O15V55R5acgf8e6f4a62ee31103.jpg

3n93m63p25Q55T15W1acg7ad2b43516481e35.jpg

3nb3kc3pd5O45Q55X5acg0edb797b212e1a14.jpg

3n83ob3l45V05Q55U1acg7373dec6f0ad1d16.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

not a datsun but its a fiat and pretty bitchin

http://atlanta.craig...2228222734.html

Hmm.... looks like a little paint and a significant markup. It has to be the same car!

I used to race a 72 Fiat 128 sedan

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/possibility-fiat-128-for-sale/25019/page1/

Marc in Indy

1973 Datsun 610 Vintage Racecar

Free Datsun 620 in Northern Va. craigslist!!!

Let me start by saying this vehicle has NO TITLE.

A friend and I bought an old truck as a project and lost interest. It is a 1978 Datsun 620. Needs a LOT of work and is in a thousand pieces.

NO TITLE

If someone wants to put this on their land and shoot it to hell and back that would be a perfect use for it. The truck is located in Bristow, VA and while it technically does roll and we did get it there using a tow dolly it would probably be better to show up with a trailer. Again...

NO TITLE

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2233216587

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I purchased this earlier in the year because I fell in love with it! Paradoxically rust FREE! (underneath, rockers, bed, cab, fenders etc) DESPITE the VERY rusty surface. Apparently a "distressed finish" was done to achieve a certain patina. It's pretty cool, acutually, but after seeing so many Datsuns disintigrate once their steel is unpainted, it makes me a little uncomfortable.

I have...um...4 other Datsun projects and a 4-door Nissan truck that I can drive AND take my family with me, so this is being offered back up for sale.

I tended to a few things right away:

1. Fixed the parking brake system. The bellcrank had failed and the whole system was just disconnected.

2. Adjusted valves - newfound power!

3. Fine-tuned the timing - it was pretty close.

4. Added a muffler and rebuilt the exhaust from the muffler back with clearance so it doesn't bang against the frame.

5. Re-indexed the torsion bars to be equal L to R and raised it up (gasp! I know, I know) about 1/2" It was on the bump stops and just TOO bouncy for me.

The good:

Original L16 with 149,150,150,151 compression BEFORE! I adjusted the valves.

Honestly the least rusty Datsun Truck I've ever seen on this side of the US (Hush you guys out there!)

Newer white walls and cool paint job on the stock steelies.

The bad:

3rd gear synchro requires attention not to crunch.

The front section of the exhaust still has a leak - now audible since the muffler went on! Ha!

The shift bushings in the 4-speed linkage are long gone, Shifter swings about 3 feet in any direction and is vaguely associated with gear selection.

The paint, I believe, was distressed with heat or chemicals and is cracked all over and bare in places (obviously)

The good:

The metal is all solid, for the time being.

The price:

$1600 right now. The 521 air dam that was on it is included! I just unbolted it to investigate what I thought would be damage underneath - there's none!

$1800 with a nice front chrome bumper.

The plan:

Continue the rolling resto. First an L20b and/or a 5-speed. Then re-upolster the front seat - should have listed that it's got holes in "the bad". Then repaint. The price will go up accordingly.

"For sale" because we can all use money, and I'm more interested in focusing my limited time on my '68 510 project (or my wagon) for now.

klaaren12@frontier.com

521partshauler.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...