East Coast Craig's List finds- resurrected from old Classifieds

Here's a decent looking 510 hatchback in VT (not mine, just passing it on):

http://burlington.craigslist.org/cto/1865973330.html

Rare 1977 Datsun 510 Hatchback,originally from N.Carolina,was elderly owned,pretty much all original,58k.miles.1952cc 4cyl motor,5speed tranny .run's decent but smokes from sitting(most likely rings)should clear out with driving,missing rear pop-out glass, little rust here and there,,original paint,very solid body,rockers and floors,,tires good,run's,drives and shifts well.. Rear wheel drive,would make a great cafe' racer,,,was stored in a garage,great find not many around,,, asking 900.00 OBO

3n33m43l15Q25T15P4a7ra127ea72502513af.jpg

3ne3k43l45T55U65P3a7r8079a0d9a38a1a76.jpg

I'm tempted to buy it to convert my 710 to 5-speed, but it seems too nice to scrap.

~Todd

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little rough around the edges but hey.

1972 Datsun 510 sedan

3m73o23ld5T15W25X5a7s53c298a3269c19a1.jpg

My friend Justin bought that car in Delaware almost 2 years ago. He sold it to the current owner last year for $2K as the ad states. It ran well and was complete but is is pretty rusty. (caveat emptor) It will need quite a bit of rust repair. Quarters, rockers, bottoms of the fenders, floors, etc. 3 years ago, I would have said it is a parts car but now I am starting to think differently.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice, I work with a guy who can make the headers, and wire in a megasquirt etc. and we have a dyno that mounts to the hubs, just have to barter some coating for the driveshaft, hmmm....cool.gif

\

Man it would be a rad ride for sure! The wheels alone are prolly worth some scratch. I can't bring home another project myself.

I am hoping to find a daily driver JNC that I can trade for my 89 suzuki swift GTi. A roadster would be rad, but i want a back seat so I can take my family to a show in it. So I am thinking Corona (2-door hopefully) Crown (A bit big, but wouldn't kick it out of the driveway!) 510, 1200, possibly 1st gen celica.

But as you know, finding any of these things, that is a daily, NOT RUSTED, for trade, in New England ain't easy! I spent about $2800 on the swift 2 years ago. Practically rust free. But you have to find the right guy who is hunting for one! I could try to sell it out right, but I need a daily instantly, which as stated above, isn't easy to do if you want Vintage j-tin in new England.

• 2 weeks later...

some one go buy this truck! its nice and a dd to just got done talking to the guy he says he takes long trips in it all the time with no probs, would get my self but im broke

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2000297757.html

go here to see a video of it running www.450zxtt.com

tell him your from the ratsun forum

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...