Age you bought your first Dat, and age you are now.

Man that hit a nerv. I think I have one friend from high school that I still talk to. But I can count at least 20 datto friends that I can't get rid of. :lol:

bre510 is one of them. We don't get to see each other much but when we do it's always good times.

The MSA nat's last weekend was a blast I ran into a bunch of friends that I only get to see once or twice a year. But I have to say if you need a favor your datto boys will be there to help.

LGGP026-1.jpg

Here is a good example of the datto bond. This was one of my students from the MSA driving school. His fuel pump went out. So we went all over town and found one that would work and put that bad boy in and got him up and running. We worked on that thing until 8:00P.M. on Saturday night. when we finished he took us out for dinner. Then I ran into him the next day at the show I think we made a datto friend for life.

Datrod - I think you and I got in it about the same time... It almost seems like yesterday. It IS always good times :thumbup: I missed you at the show on Sunday. I was there early afternoon. But in a couple weeks, we will meet up.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mother almost gave birth to me in a White 72' 510 SSS, dads old car. Got my first Datsun when I was 19, 1971 240z ITS racecar. Bought my first Datsun when I was 21, 1972 Datsun 510. Forgot to put that I'm 25 now.

Edited by xiaphin
forgot to add current age

Was going to consult my master list but couldn't find it. I've owned over 40 cars since I was 17. I think the Datsun count is 12. Bought my first at 19 - a 1200 that came with a parts car. Within 6 months I was up to 4. I'm 34 now.

1200002-1.jpg[/img]

I was 17 and a junior in HS. A family down the road was selling a 72 wagon for $900.00. It was 1977. My Fiat, yes Fiat was a rusted mess at only 5 years old so I bought the Datsun. Orange, white vinyl roof, roof rack, auto, ac, AM radio. I was a great little car. Then my Aunt gave me her 68 Mustang fastback with a 390 in it and at that age, speed won. I sold the Datsun within a week and missed it the second it rode away. That Mustang was fun but on a small salary the Datsun was much kinder to me at the gas pump! So now at 49 I have another 72 wagon, oh and it is Ratty! A nice rusty Ohio car now living in Baltimore. Will keep you all posted on the progress!

Datsun friends are real friends. I met my best friend about 13 years ago. My Datsun puked, we worked at the same place, he needed some parts. We have had MANY Datsuns and adventures since then. 4 years ago I married his wifes sister. We are one big happy Datto family now:D

Was going to consult my master list but couldn't find it. I've owned over 40 cars since I was 17. I think the Datsun count is 12. Bought my first at 19 - a 1200 that came with a parts car. Within 6 months I was up to 4. I'm 34 now.

1200002-1.jpg[/img]

You don't have very far to catch up with me. I have to update my master list though.

Man that hit a nerv. I think I have one friend from high school that I still talk to. But I can count at least 20 datto friends that I can't get rid of. :lol:

But I have to say if you need a favor your datto boys will be there to help.

Well thats good, cuz I need some help monster "garaging" lugnuts truck, so i can get my other project going.

:D

bought my first 2dr at the age of 24 have had 8 datsuns since then now down to 3 :lol:

72 4dr autocross set up

66 411 in work

65 320 just sitting

Iam now 36 and looking to find the oldest datsun i can find:lol::lol:

maybe then i will stop but i Doubt it tho

I learned to drive in my folk's '73 620, my Dad even had me practicing out on dirt roads before I got my learner's permit in 1989.

I took my Driver's test in a '78 510 Wagon my folks bought for the purpose in 1990, when I was 16. The car didn't live long, as I got T-boned 3 months later by a woman who ran a red light. It was replaced in 1991 with another '78 510 wagon. Which I still have:

78-wagonwheels02.JPG

I've had this car since I was 17, and I'm 35 now.

The first car I bought wih my OWN money was a '78 510 Hatchback I bought at 18, right around Graduation in '92. It was a totalled wreck, hit hard in the passenger quarterpanel, but that didn't stop me from replacing the bent axle and getting it inspected and back on the road. Kept it a couple years, and transplanted the engine into my "Blue Beater" '78 Hatchback which didn't have as much body damage. So I still have the engine, as well as most of the body panels and interior when I stripped the wreck.

I've had, at the top, 20 Datsuns at one time. I have 15 now, which I need to seriously pare down in order to move.

Did we have to buy our first Datsun to post here?

:lol:

i was 18/19 and traded a honda CB550 for a 4dr auto in 84/85??? drove it another 80K and into the ground, literally! blew a HG and had no choice but to make the 150 mi drive home, where something else failed ~0.5 mi from home. they were disposible back then :eek: was a lot cheaper to get another running 4dr then to fix the auto. which i rolled a few years later :rolleyes:

ive since owned 4 other wagons and got my first 2dr last year.

i am the 3rd & current owner of the goon i bought in '95. my son(7) wants it ...only if he can paint it yellow when he does :D

I was sixteen I think and drove the shop parts runner a 521 and bought a 1200 the next year. We had at least four trucks come and go at the shop.

I've owned a 1200, 510, two 620s, a 310? little front drive rig, the 300ZX and my 411 now. I'm high mileage and 49yrs young.

My first was a 1973 620 bought in 1979 at age 16. Have continuously owned at least one Datsun at all times since. Had a 1973 510, 1972 1200 coupe, 1969 roadster, 1963 NL 320, 1964 4 door sedan, 1965 NL 320, 1964 NL 320. Not counting all the Nissans...

Dave

Just this 68 roadster.. I like other Datsuns but I had been looking for a roadster since I was 14 and took me tell I was 20 to find one local that wasn't overpriced or should be taken out to pasture and shot. :D Irony was the car had been sitting there for years, even is still shown where it was on google maps. It was not even half a mile from my home...was just around the block... So I've since turned 21 in feb and my gift to myself is every part for my car ordered and now putting it together.

Edited by FoxyRoadster