moisabamf's thoughts on american cars

high school was a craphole anyway.

i dont like anybody less because of their car preference(maybe chevy guys)

its high school, youll get over it.

'cept maybe the chevy part, im still not over that :lol: (OK... i :love: nomads)

listen to "bitchin camaro' by the dead milkmen!

in HS, my 67 mustang beat my friend and GF in their 280 and 260 Z's all day, canyons and down the straights!

...one of them said "Oh, those arent real classic cars" with a real know it all attitude

i also hate rap music

WITH A BURNING PASSION! :mad:

RESPECTS THE CLASSICS, MAN!!!

258.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like old cars/trucks, especially the unique ones. forget about what others say, nobody keeps their vehicle for longer than 2 years in socal anyway :lol:

seems like this video may be appropriate for this thread. its Jeremy Clarkson comparing European cars to American cars. ignore the america bashing, i think hes just kidding. besides, its just fun to watch anyway...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8098450185420129625&ei=Zb79Scu9LKD-qAOl3NDOCw&q=clarkson+good+bad+ugly&hl=en&client=firefox-a

ROTFLMAO!!! Of course, i knew from the first three mins he was for european cars....lol... Ever watch top gear(his show)? if i drove what he has and was an english douche bag i would prefer the cars that were made where i was from... "i hate comming here" one of the first things he says, enough said... He can stay in europe and catch the next plauge,lol.... sorry i have a bit of a love hate relationship with that man....But no he's not kidding.....:lol:

why dont you piss off!

i hope you do live near CA, so we may bump into each other:mad:

noone asked you to post here, or to even sign up for these forums, this is a place for chill people(and zetozeto69:D)

go die

Hello!!! I'm back.......:D

Jesus, get a life man.

Some admin please ban this asshats mac address so he can't just sign up again. I.P. ban is useless.....

Unless I'm mistaken there is a script for it. There is the miserable users hack too, that works well. Either way i.p. ban is still useless :-/.

web servers can't access mac addresses, its something that a router recieves as info. Java, ajax, or perl could MAYBE hook a mac address then add the IP associated with it to the /etc/ban or w/e vbulliten uses. But you can spoof a mac address as easy as an IP. A cookie ban would probably work better, or cookie, IP, proxy range?? I dont know Im way off topic :D

Ya Thats what I meant actually, I should have been more specific.

It's a shame they don't incorporate a decent ban system into vb. Ya there is no easy permanent way but there are hacks out there that should really just be standard.

Moisabamf, i can see exactly where you are coming from. i do like a few of the older muscle cars but its the owners that i dont really get. i took my 320 to almost every local car show here last year and noticed right away some of the weird looks i was getting from the other participants. i was pretty upset after the first few shows getting beat by poorly put together dime a dozen cars. i have met quite a few really cool american car guys at shows but not many. i always go to shows now just happy to show the truck to people that come to the shows to look at the cars. a 320 can sure strike up some interesting conversations. i was actually really surprised last fall when i actually did take home a trophy beating out a couple elcaminos and 60's trucks. that shocked the hell out of me. i guess they finally realized that me and my truck were here to stay.

i like old cars/trucks, especially the unique ones. forget about what others say, nobody keeps their vehicle for longer than 2 years in socal anyway :lol:

seems like this video may be appropriate for this thread. its Jeremy Clarkson comparing European cars to American cars. ignore the america bashing, i think hes just kidding. besides, its just fun to watch anyway...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8098450185420129625&ei=Zb79Scu9LKD-qAOl3NDOCw&q=clarkson+good+bad+ugly&hl=en&client=firefox-a

Funny thing I just saw is that the Mercedes Mclaren SLR in that video that he finds in LA is actually one that is racing in the Gumball 3000 right now.

Didn't last 5 min. once I read that. What bullshit! Three posts and you're out!

I was just kidding man.. don't take me off.:D:D:D:D:D:D

PEACE man.;);)

Fine with me... clean slate. I must warn you there'll be no slack cut in the future. Respect will earn respect.

Ratsun welcomes you as a contributing member. Let me be the first to say that it's a sort of rule here that noobes have to post a picture of their ride or project. Also fill out your profile with your general location and ride. This helps others know what vehicle you are talking about if you have questions.

Wow looks like I missed the excitement :D

I think styles and tastes are funny. So much is based off of childhood. Growing up my parents never listened to music, watched sports or talked about politics. My dad taught me the basics about cars but never said "A Ford is better than a Chevy" or anything. He just showed me how to work on them. It makes me wonder what other people would like if they were in the same situation. I've never like american cars, not even a little. I never understood why it would take such a big car and engine to move such small people?? Auto transmissions seemed silly and I thought live axles were for trucks. Wait I did want an AMC Pacer when I was 16 that was for sale up the street, but I think that was because of Wayne World haha

It's funny even to this day when I go to my families for holidays everyone is in there hug ass American SUV or truck with pointless bed sizes. One day I should take a picture :D haha with one of my little datto's in the mix :D

To this day there isn't really an american car I would buy, or take for free.

I was just thinking about spacifics, we can show that many muscle cars will take many others on a track, but most will not, take a build rx7 FD and put it agains the stang, on a track the 7 will take it, on the qtr maybe not.... But i could agree more with what you said about where they come from as opposed to what they are build like;)....I dont care what another person thinks, i find it kinda funny, and i highly doubt that anything would happen if a person on a thread were to show up, besides us having a few beers and talking about cars,lol...I'm joe btw, nice to meet you:)

the problem with that argument however is that you are comparing a mustang that averages about $5k used to a rx7 that averages around $20k used, i have seen clean rolling 93 FD's sell for $15k but i would like to see someone buy and build an import that can beat my z at the track for $3k or less. (i have a chevy driveline) or we can put it against me and my brother in laws budget built camaro/firebird road racer.

the problem with that argument however is that you are comparing a mustang that averages about $5k used to a rx7 that averages around $20k used, i have seen clean rolling 93 FD's sell for $15k but i would like to see someone buy and build an import that can beat my z at the track for $3k or less. (i have a chevy driveline) or we can put it against me and my brother in laws budget built camaro/firebird road racer.

I was comparing mods not prices mostly, lets use another example(how about my cars), i have a 69 superbee, tubbed, fiberglass fenders-trunk-hood-crash bars removed-ect. Sits right now at 1900lbs.. I have a 440 bored(bla bla bla internal mods) about 550hp... Now i have put about 10K into this car so far, now lets take my FB, and drop the same amount into it..My dodge will smoke it in the qtr but will be eaten alive on the circut track..... And there is a right hand drive FD with 45k on it and the guys asking 3500 in seattle right now, so your prices are very uneasy in my opinion....

Bottom line, muscle cars are faster in a straight line than imports, you cannot build yours up higher than they can build thiers(point proven in the NHRA class's for 4cyl vs 8cyl) they just cant, now take that to the track and its a completly different story, weight displacment is key there and the smaller engines that do not need to go 335 in 4.bla secounds will come into play better, so they will provide more thus are better...

This is all i was saying :thumbsup:

Fine with me... clean slate. I must warn you there'll be no slack cut in the future. Respect will earn respect.

Ratsun welcomes you as a contributing member. Let me be the first to say that it's a sort of rule here that noobes have to post a picture of their ride or project. Also fill out your profile with your general location and ride. This helps others know what vehicle you are talking about if you have questions.

Thanks man....I'll try to be good.:D

Edited by datzenmike

maybe someone posted this. The internet is an amazing thing.

Among the early pioneers of DOHC were Isotta Fraschini's Giustino Cattaneo, Austro-Daimler's Ferdinand Porsche Stephen Tomczak (in the Prinz Heinrich), and W. O. Bentley (in 1919); Sunbeam built small numbers between 1921 and 1923.[2] The first DOHC engines were two- or four-valve per cylinder designs from companies like Fiat (1912), Peugeot Grand Prix (1913, 4 valve), Alfa Romeo GP (1914, 4 valve) and 6C (1925), Maserati Tipo 26 (1926), Bugatti Type 51 (1931), and Audi[clarification needed]. Most Ferraris used two-valve DOHC engines as well.

When DOHC technology was introduced in mainstream vehicles, it was common for it to be heavily advertised. While used at first in limited production and sports cars, Fiat is credited as the first car company to use a belt-driven DOHC engine across their complete product line, in the mid-1960s.[citation needed], although Jaguar's XK6 DOHC engine was displayed in the Jaguar XK120 at the London Motor Show in 1948 and used across the whole Jaguar range through the late 1940s, 1950 and 1960s.

More than two overhead camshafts are not known to have been tried in a production engine. However MotoCzysz has designed a motorcycle engine with a triple overhead camshaft configuration with the intake ports descending through the head to two central intake ports between two outside exhaust camshafts actuating one of two exhaust valve per cylinder each. [3]

The us started playing with it in the mid 1960's. I believe the first american OHC motor was from AMC, an inline 6.