moisabamf's thoughts on american cars

GM put the overhead cam in the Pontiac in 1966. It had the first cogged belt (no timing chain or gears).

American cars are good. Japanese cars are good. I like all cars.

That's it right there.

To me saying you only like one kind of car is stupid, all you do is limit yourself. EVERY make is good for something. More importantly they all have their own styles, which love or hate is a bonus. It will be very sad the day all car manufactures and their cars don't have at least some hint of their own style. Be a car fan not a company fan.

That whole bs about not liking domestic engines in imports makes you sound like the ass hats from classic z car. If you don't think the bias goes both ways take a walk over there. You need to do a lot of reading too, just about all the facts you base your case on are wrong. The cam bit was laughable.

Edited by 72240z
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its 4 wheels and an engine, it gets you from point a to point b, it just depends on how fast you wanna get there, I have a mitsubishi galant vr4 that can hand a v8 its ass, but then i love my v8's also, and my dattos, I am a car guy, if it has wheels and and engine I am into it. also if the 521 doesnt sell this weekend I will be putting a Buick 350 into it, just because I can. I like to go fast

Edited by Bugeye
I personally like any car that is not hacked. If I can see and apprecaite the fabrication and time put into building it, I dig it. Doesn't matter if it is Chevy, Datsun, Honda...hell even a Yugo.

I do get shit from people for driving an import, but it doesn't bother me because I've realized that it either doesn't matter or that most of those guys are doing it just for fun, and that they don't really care either.

i feel the exact same way, but its just yesterday a cop asked my why i would want to restore a datsun. i was like omg.

im not ranting on american cars, its just the way i feel, and always have felt.

Edited by Moisabamf
but its just yesterday a cop asked my why i would want to restore a datsun. i was like omg.

ok now that is just wrong, I would have told him because american muscle it too expensive to restore, and that I could build a datsun that would beat the hell out of one:lol:

Listen Jaymisix or what ever your fucking sissy name!:fu:

Buy yourself a gun also and stick it your mouth and pull the trigger:fu:

You should all be happy you're here in the America.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::fu:

i say you dont last a week before you get banned

and you remind me of agentalpha.

just because i dont like american cars means i play xbox?

now im not sure, but im almost certain that microsoft is AMERICAN

fuckin dipshit

You should all be happy you're here in the America.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::fu:

dude you realize your in datsun forum right calm your shit telling not one but 2 people who have been on this site for a long time to kill themselves is just flat out uncalled for

on the subject i love american muscle ive grown up around them my dad and i have built a few bad ass hotrods but im of the mentality that you choose your power plant based on numbers if a certan motor has more pros then another you go with the first one i like all old cars american or import its the new plastic cars i cant handle

this thread hits close to home just yesterday im outside talking to my uncle about my 610 showing him all the work ive done when my buddy accross the street pulls out his new 86 iroc camero (he paid about the same for it that i paid for the 610 and he paid me to replace the rear end) and my uncle goes "your putting all this work into this import pos when you could have gotten that" i looked at him and said" well mine has all the glass for one for 2 i had all the parts for 3 i dont have to smog mine for 4 mine looks better for 5 i like my car and when its done it will walk all over that camero for 6 mine isint a cop magnet "

Edited by bonvo

I don't think I've ever gotten anything like this from 'car people', I'm sure it happens behind my back but honestly I've been really surprised at some of the people who have come to talk to me about my car. Sure I've heard it from people that would wonder why you would spend money on any old car but not the car guys.

I get a lot of 'I had one of those blah blah' and they seem genuinely happy to see a car they haven't seen in 10-20 years. So many of the older car guys remember the 510 from the track and seem to have a lot of respect for it because of that, old racers especially.

There are a lot of cars out that I have no interest in owning but that doesn't mean I don't love to see them.

Maybe it depends on the crowd you hang out with or how you act in your car and around other people cars. I hate people who drive like morons no matter what they are driving for example and as such would be more apt to say something less positive if I came across the car later.

on a totally unrelated topic. buuut, offy made DOHC motors back in the 30's. before he could even open the molds AMERICAN mechanics were burning their fingers on these sweet little powerplants to drop in their Gaston Chevrolets' (french) and Dodge brothers (canadian) sport coupes and or Ford (nazi sympathiser and German republic supporter) roadsters to whip around a two mile banked oval made entirely of WOOD at a-buck-twenty! i've had more cars than i care to remember and been in all kinds of car clubs and raced more P-O-S's from every manafakturer. if it's got wheels and goes boom, i like it. my pops once a looong time ago said, "borees, don' fall in luv weeth pees ov shet!" and that pretty much says it all. like whatcha like, even family has different tastes. and if you own a car, then we're family. peace

cheers

P.S. Gaston chevrolet died on a board track, doing what he loved. too bad his cars are a bit shit:D sorry, had to slip one in. tee hee.

Guest jaimesix

Hey sissy coward, come next time we have a Sears Datsun meet, I would like to leave you toothless.

I spent decades learning how to exercise proper self defense, and that includes giving free lessons to bastards like you.

Next time, Torrance, CA, come on in, and just raise your hand at me, give me the the excuse, and I will make sure you are never going to have the nerve to disrespect others, and that is my personal invitation.

I like American cars Just that liked the 510s better

have no more room and not Rich to have all I want

I like Harleys motorcycles

151 Mutt jeeps(Ford/Am General)

Willys CJ3B High Hood jeeps

Hummer H3 alpha(thats the V8 version)

jeep Wrangler 4 door and Rubicons models,Cherokees

New Dodge Callenger, Old Super Bees

AC Cobra Clones

new Mustangs in grabber orange/Saleen

Chevy Duramax trucks(those motors PULL!!!!!!!!)

I even like the new Ford Ranger 4x4s

straight axle ChevySuburbans ,if need a big rig

International Scouts

Lincoln LS of a few years ago. Nice V8, indep suspension

new caddilacs (the convt)

ive been told that i was going to get pulled over for having a "fake" collectors vehicle plate....

that was issued by the state. :fu:

any time i talk to somebody that has a "american superiority complex" i ask about K cars, and how often they drive the beast they have.

the answer is almost always "bout once a month". i tell em i drive mine every day, and even the most modded one i got still gets 30mpg and its almost 30 yrs old.

i have a thing against a lot of classic muscle owners. they simply buy parts that bolt on or have a shop do the work.

wouldnt that be nice if we could just buy new parts...

instead i guess ill just have to keep buildin shit.:cool:

note: just about the same response from classic muscle owners as new foreign owners. seems like nobody wants to respect classic rice, even after you beat em.

Hey sissy coward, come next time we have a Sears Datsun meet, I would like to leave you toothless.

I spent decades learning how to exercise proper self defense, and that includes giving free lessons to bastards like you.

Next time, Torrance, CA, come on in, and just raise your hand at me, give me the the excuse, and I will make sure you are never going to have the nerve to disrespect others, and that is my personal invitation.

Jaymie....The message I post wasn't for you to begin with, but you had to fucking butt in. My message to you both is to let you know to respect the muscle cars (American cars) and VW German Cars etc, so that they will respect us Datsun RX7 etc.

They were here first, and more of them... I like Datsun's or else I wont be in this forum, and you JAIMESIX...... I don't have to raise my hand,, I'll let you fucking know!! cause you don't know me..but I know you. So don't talk shit.:fu:

I took ole Oil Drop 521 to a car meet last monday. I hung back to watch people walk up to it. They seemed to get a look on their face like, oh i don't know, kinda like they just saw a toy they had as a child. A bemused and amused sort of expression.

But you gotta remember I live in New England where they prolly haven't seen a 521 in 20 years! I did see a 240z there though. It was the first datsun I have seen in person Mass since I moved here in 05.

Jaymie....The message I post wasn't for you to begin with, but you had to fucking butt in. My message to you both is to let you know to respect the muscle cars (American cars) and VW German Cars etc, so that they will respect us Datsun RX7 etc.

They were here first, and more of them... I like Datsun's or else I wont be in this forum, and you JAIMESIX...... I don't have to raise my hand,, I'll let you fucking know!! cause you don't know me..but I know you. So don't talk shit.:fu:

why dont you piss off!

i hope you do live near CA, so we may bump into each other:mad:

noone asked you to post here, or to even sign up for these forums, this is a place for chill people(and zetozeto69:D)

go die

i say you dont last a week before you get banned

and you remind me of agentalpha.

just because i dont like american cars means i play xbox?

now im not sure, but im almost certain that microsoft is AMERICAN

fuckin dipshit

Didn't last 5 min. once I read that. What bullshit! Three posts and you're out!

I grew up as a teen through the '60s and at 20 I bought a new '70 Dart 340 4spd so yeah I like the muscle cars and not a lot of cars before or after. With a few exceptions there hasn't been a good looking car made since about the mid '70s. Times and styles change, I'm just glad I experienced it.

When I go to a car show I look at as many as I can, if not all of them. There's always something to like about any car. My first Datsun was the first car after my Dart that had a 4spd. It wasn't and isn't real fast if you compared them but it did have one thing I liked... It was FUN to drive!!!!! Yeee haaa!

Mo I know what you mean. Like freedom of speech, everyone has the right to like/dislike any car. When it becomes disrespectful it's called chauvinism 'extreme and unreasoning partisanship on behalf of a group to which one belongs, especially when the partisanship includes malice and hatred towards a rival group.' It's ok to be a little pissed at them they just can't help it. Mo, you have your fellow Ratsun-ers for support. Count on them. C'mon internet group hug!!!

ive been told that i was going to get pulled over for having a "fake" collectors vehicle plate....

that was issued by the state. :fu:

any time i talk to somebody that has a "american superiority complex" i ask about K cars, and how often they drive the beast they have.

the answer is almost always "bout once a month". i tell em i drive mine every day, and even the most modded one i got still gets 30mpg and its almost 30 yrs old.

i have a thing against a lot of classic muscle owners. they simply buy parts that bolt on or have a shop do the work.

wouldnt that be nice if we could just buy new parts...

instead i guess ill just have to keep buildin shit.:cool:

note: just about the same response from classic muscle owners as new foreign owners. seems like nobody wants to respect classic rice, even after you beat em.

I drive my catalina daily, its got a 389ci, and gets around 32 per gallon, when i get the dodge up and running again, even though it will get about 4-6mpg i will drive it at least once a wekk as well...Granted i will be one poor ass mother fucker,lol.....

And i have to say, i hear alot said about 4cyls beating v8's but has anyone compared prices and mods to the race at hand? If you build a ricer up and a muscle car up with the same budget, or at least the same amount of mods, you will loose a straight line race to the v8 however you will win on the track;)

Even though I like Datsuns more, I just love American Muscle too! Especially vintage Trans-Am racing. AMC Javelins, Boss Mustangs, HemiCudas, Shelby KR500's GT350's, Camaro's, Vettes, "Birds, ect.

Tell me these don't sound badass :D

This one is in-car video the Merc Cougar at the Portland Historic races:

I respect all makes / models pretty much. I'll use any kind of part on my Datsun :eek: (as long as it's an upgrade from stock)!

I'm using:

• 6 Coils from a Chevy LS1 (not wasted spark)
  • Mazda RX7 injectors (running sequentially)
  • Porsche / Bosch 944 Turbo fuel pump
  • Maxima TPS
  • SAAB oil cooler (not installed yet)
  • Audi A4/A6/Bosch air temp sensor
  • GM 120 amp alternator
  • Ford 5-bolt T3 turbine housing
  • KAAZ LSD carrier (taken out of a 240SX)
  • Oil filter that fits old Ford F150 truck (way bigger, WIX p/n 51510) :rolleyes:

Edited by hughdogz
If you build a ricer up and a muscle car up with the same budget, or at least the same amount of mods, you will loose a straight line race to the v8 however you will win on the track;)

I think I have to disagree with you there, and I'm only speaking up because I hear generalizations like this all the time. There are plenty of American cars that are extremely capable of handling with or without a v8. Fox body mustangs are some of the fastest budget cars out there (personally, I hate them, but I consistently see them placing and winning in low-budget races, like GRM or "24 hours of lemons"), and there are plenty of other American cars that'd beat the pants off of most "ricers", if only because of weight distribution and suspension setup options. On the other hand, there are "ricers" that have insane power/weight ratios and can be built cheaply to hand American cars' butts right back to them.

When you really break it down, the Country a car came from counts for even less than the Manufacturer whose factory it came from. All that matters are the parts on-hand and the person putting them together in the end.

And as far as sr510muscle goes, just ignore him. Those types of people go away on their own, and threats over the internet (even if you really would like someone to show up so you could follow through) are juvenile and meaningless.

if its a car i proubly would like it. hell i have a 710, a Z and a gazzelle kit car with a pinto engine...also driven a few bad ass american cars and i have to admit some of them like a 69 camero are insanly fun but i still love my Datsun/ Nissan toys the best! the pinto is fun too...im crazy and btw...im the same with music i listen to everything!

I think I have to disagree with you there, and I'm only speaking up because I hear generalizations like this all the time. There are plenty of American cars that are extremely capable of handling with or without a v8. Fox body mustangs are some of the fastest budget cars out there (personally, I hate them, but I consistently see them placing and winning in low-budget races, like GRM or "24 hours of lemons"), and there are plenty of other American cars that'd beat the pants off of most "ricers", if only because of weight distribution and suspension setup options. On the other hand, there are "ricers" that have insane power/weight ratios and can be built cheaply to hand American cars' butts right back to them.

When you really break it down, the Country a car came from counts for even less than the Manufacturer whose factory it came from. All that matters are the parts on-hand and the person putting them together in the end.

And as far as sr510muscle goes, just ignore him. Those types of people go away on their own, and threats over the internet (even if you really would like someone to show up so you could follow through) are juvenile and meaningless.

I was just thinking about spacifics, we can show that many muscle cars will take many others on a track, but most will not, take a build rx7 FD and put it agains the stang, on a track the 7 will take it, on the qtr maybe not.... But i could agree more with what you said about where they come from as opposed to what they are build like;)....I dont care what another person thinks, i find it kinda funny, and i highly doubt that anything would happen if a person on a thread were to show up, besides us having a few beers and talking about cars,lol...I'm joe btw, nice to meet you:)

I was just thinking about spacifics, we can show that many muscle cars will take many others on a track, but most will not, take a build rx7 FD and put it agains the stang, on a track the 7 will take it, on the qtr maybe not.... But i could agree more with what you said about where they come from as opposed to what they are build like;)....I dont care what another person thinks, i find it kinda funny, and i highly doubt that anything would happen if a person on a thread were to show up, besides us having a few beers and talking about cars,lol...I'm joe btw, nice to meet you:)

Well, Joe, I'm Jesse, and you seem like the kind of guy I could talk cars with at great length. If you're ever in the Bay Area, let me know. We'll grab some beers :)