moisabamf's thoughts on american cars

i am pretty bored today, and i thought id give you guys a little insight to what makes me "tick"

it seems that i am one of the only people on this PLANET that isnt completly in love with american cars. everyone and their mom can identify these things, it irritates me. dont get me wrong, i do like some american cars(The DeLorean comes to mind) but i mean people think that these cars are the almighty saviors that will lead us to the promised land. they are not. in my high school i lost at our car show because some kid had an el camino that was beat to shit. we both applied to the "Best daily driver category". alright, maybe he had some pull with the judges. i lost "best student car" to a 300M and "Best student import"to a Drag VW ghia that didnt even belong to a student! i lost "Best import" to a Porsche spyder that was absolutely stunning, well deserved award. and when i looked at the yearbook, theyr talking about all the students "clasics"and they are all their parents 50K invested chevy malibu, chevy this, ford that, and that FUCKTARDS 300. that FUCKERS 300 is a "classic" but my car isnt the fact that i didnt win shit didnt piss me off, its that i didnt even get my car in the yearbook that did piss me off. 20 bucks well spent. W/E right? that high school was a craphole anyway.

i have never liked the people involved with american cars. we were talkin about this last sunday at teh sears lot. they have an "i drive a V8 im better than you" mentality. people at predomintantly american shows kept telling me why i didnt have a 350 in my car, it was not pleasant.

i was one the street once, and i saw a 240Z, i could hear the v8 in it, but i honked at him twice, the guy actually looked away when i gave him a thumbs up.

and i told some people i was talking to that i restored classic cars, and when they asked what cars i had i had a 1200 and my dads 510 and one of them said"Oh, those arent real classic cars" with a real know it all attitude

they are just not pleasant people to be around

if you like american cars, i have nothing against you. i am a "to each his own kinda guy" but i dont like the amount of hype these cars get!

its like Halo, incredible ammounts of praise for a mediocre product

if you dont want to read this, or dissagre with me, whatever

its just seems that i am unique in this mentality

:cool:

i also hate rap music

WITH A BURNING PASSION!:mad:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont feel b ad. i always get teh " you should sell that pos dodge adn buy a real car. a chevy camaro." yet they have 3 up on blocks in their yard while my dodge may look like ass it runs good. well ran anyways. been a while. also get that with my Dubs and Datsuns. i guess in this country, the mantality of most people is "if it aint amaerican, its shit." the ONLY cars i wont buy are Korean and Russian cars. hell i'll even own British if i have to.

Im not a big fan of american cars either. I grew up in a family that all had Chevys, and they were pretty mad when i chose my first car to be a 1983 Sentra(i paid $350 for it) over a 1995 Chevy Lumina(it was free, but a 16yo doesnt want a 4dr sedan that grandma drove for the last 5 years).

Now my granddad(die hard chevy person) surprised the hell out of my in 2001 when he got me a 1989 Nissan 240SX for x-mas after i had been driving the beat up sentra around for a year. I wanted his old 72 Cheyenne, but it was too rusty.

Even today, the Chevys far out number the Datsuns here. We have a 98 GMC 2500HD, 99 Escalade, 00 Lumina, 92 Camaro, and a 74 C-30 dumptruck.

so i guess this pic is gonna piss you off?

240zengine.jpg

i like certain american cars, but a majority of them are just ugly and a large majority of the other majority are just poorly contrusted generic crap piles.

in the end i am it for power, knowing that with a built sbc i can have the same weight, better CG and better weight distribution ontop of $-HP ratio, plus i dont feel like the fact that if i take a L-series to a machine shop most of the time they arent gonna know crap about it and think its a honda motor, not to mention parts availability, i went in the parts store one time asking for a fuel pump for a 72 240z and it took two weeks to get it and costs $50!!! now i can walk in buy a fuel pump and the pushrod and leave for under $20.

:ASKBFO:AUIGHOCVUIBHAVOUIBASDPIUGVSIPDJFHIPSDJFPJKBDCVD:mad::D

like i said, to each his own, i dont like anybody less because of their car preference(maybe chevy guys) but i do not approve of jap cars with american engines. and i especially dont like how if you would put a jap engine into an american car,(fast and furious 3) everyone calls it blasphemous, yet when its ther otehr way around thumbs up.

People should not be so closed minded man. When I was in High School I was reading Hot Rod Mag with there drag on pump gas. Fastest street car in America. An RX7 came in top 10 and had the fastest time at that event. I wondered what engine did he have and what made it soooo fast? I of course assumed the awesome rotary twin turbo was the cause. But I was really disappointed to read that it had a v8. WHY? HOW COULD THEY!!!!! I did not understand it until like last month. I was talking to overall car guy and he told me that the reason they do that V8 swap is soooo simple. If you get the ls7, that aluminum engine way less that a 13btt. Why? Its not that the rotary that weighs alot, Its those 2 turbos! The ls7 also has more torque and Hp stock than the 13b. Not only that, but it would last you more than just 80 thousand miles.

People with open minds can create greater faster cars. People who think that American v8 are the best or that Japanese engines are the best are just wrong. Everything has there weaknesses and there strengths...

With so many difference to comment on, Im gonna mention the one that has probly the most implications and may point out the mentality differences best.

This is basically about technology and advancement at its core.

DUAL OVERHEAD CAM ENGINES, hell, OHC PERIOD

Srsly...WTF, correct me if im wrong, but Im fairly certain japan has been putting cams on top since early 80's...I know my VG is an 85 and nothing else earlier pops in my head as im typing...

But I am un aware of chevy, for example, puttin cams on top any earlier than 2000. Tho im sure thats wrong, but it sure as hell cant be earlier than mid 90's....

My 2000 s10 didnt have an ohc motor....(this is where i come into this issue) and niether did the cavalier (same 4cyl motor). Srsly, wheres the competition? GM and others making the same mistake they made years ago when datsun/nissan entered the US market to begin with...betting on brand loyalty over every other factor. And it seems now more than ever they need to step the F up...im not holding my breath. Given recent models, they are playing more off the nostalgic muscle car era to sell vehicles than anything else. Yea sure, there are a couple exceptions. But c'mon, Put a DOHC V8 in sumthing...the vette maybe? The cries of desecration will cease when the technology proves itself.

Guest jaimesix

Moisabamf.

I think todays youth is into imports, long gone are the days the american muscle cars ruled ( except probably deep into the midwest/ rural america ). Except for a few pockets of guys whose parents are muscle car guys, type found in Huntington Beach for example, except those small, tiny, microssopic strongholds, the muscle car thing is becoming old, not only because it is old, but it is inefficient, gas guzzling and old technology.

Your 1200 is very cool. 1200 are amongs the wildest and fastest modified Datsuns ever. Plenty of Rotary / SR / FJ / L / KA / etc as well as wild A series engines have been racing and drag racing for ever. Most of that scene happened overseas, ( Australia, New Zeland, Japan ) but the Puerto Ricans that have this tendency for crazy small Datsun rockets brought it home years ago.

Albeit that fact, Datsun 1200 have been racing here in US as well. What happens, in my view, at those shows you mention where german cars and american muscle outgun your 1200 is because those kids are , beyond liking american cars, they are bent on race, performance looks. Proof is that not only americna muscle but european cars share the podiums in those events you mention. Even muscle car enthusiasts, at least the open minded, view with admiration at others cars.

What you have to see is that most muscle car people look for performance ( some lust at stock american car looks, but those are a different crowd.) and if the car is German, but it is performance oriented, they will respond. Drive a mighty Skyline over to that show you are talking about, and see their faces change. But drive a race Skyline, not a stock one. On engine sound, a Datsun or any japanese engine in performance tune sounds incredible, a muscle car is no match.

Next time, drop your 1200's suspension , add couple sidedraughts, a mild cam and low tone exhaust sound ( low tone, not the usual muffler stuff most people have ) and you will see the difference.

I know you say youre car is a daily driver, but daily driving ahnd low suspension is fine and compatible, a lot of people do it, plus, with coil overs on front ( and those coil overs can be as simple as detaching the bottom spring perch from the strut, and using a clamp to control the amount of lowering , no need to go the expensive route.) and blocks in the rear, you can lower your car for an event and raise it back later on if needed.

Mean stance, that is what it takes. Slam it, fat wheels/tires , sidedraugths and a cam, and your A series will rumble, and the car will get some justice served.

My 2 cents.

Jaime.________________________________________________________

Edited by jaimesix

Even up here in WA I've had people try to tell me that there's "no such thing as a classic import" , I just flat out stop talking to them and walk away shaking my head.

Srsly...WTF, correct me if im wrong, but Im fairly certain japan has been putting cams on top since early 80's...I know my VG is an 85 and nothing else earlier pops in my head as im typing...

As far as I know(probably wrong myself here) as early as 1968 with the 510 and PL521 and shortly after with the Z cars.

But I am un aware of chevy, for example, puttin cams on top any earlier than 2000. Tho im sure thats wrong, but it sure as hell cant be earlier than mid 90's....

Actually for Chevy as early as 1970 with the Vega and twin OHC in the mid '70's with the Cosworth Vega.

Ford had the Pinto in '70 as well but had a pushrod engine option for at least a couple years.

Lots of people are assholes though. I know about a hundred people that are the same way with imports as the old foogys with classics..

I myself love all cars, import and domestic, i like the v8's and have a few, i also have a two rotor and 4cyl car(granted i am doing a rotary conversion to my 4cyl car,lol) Its all good to me, i just dont see the point in blaming american cars or the majority of the people who own them..

people suck, they all have the "i'm better than you" attitude... Its rare when they are not like that, personally i love them all and wish i could own them all, fuck whats under the hood or behond the wheel, how fun is it to drive is all i care about!!!

now im not saying i hate them, i like dont mind the cars, its just here in southern California, people can get to be REAL snobs. not just in the culture, just about anything

Dude, that's anywhere you go in the world ;).

You gotta like what you are driving and understand that a large chunk of society somehow really and truly feels they are superior to you because they are driving a brand new hunk of crap with no style that lost 25% of it's value the second they drove it off ther lot and continues to depreciate at an incredible rate as they continue to make monthly payments on a substandard vehicle they will never truly own :lol:.

Cars are cars. I'm a car guy, and I like cars. Some people are Camaro guys, and like Camaros. Some people are 1200 guys, and like 1200's. From what it sounds like your a 1200 guy that thinks all cars should only have the engine they came with.

• Like 1

OHC vs. Pushrod..... The larger the motor the more power and torque it makes at low RPMs. Push rods are cheap and reliable (for under 6K RPMs) and two cam$ are needed on a V8. A smaller 4 or 6 only need one cam and drive and has to rev to make any power.

Yep Pontiac did make an OHC six but only for a few years and gave it up. V8s were cheaper and more powerful.

i am pretty bored today, and i thought id give you guys a little insight to what makes me "tick"

it seems that i am one of the only people on this PLANET that isnt completly in love with american cars. everyone and their mom can identify these things, it irritates me. dont get me wrong, i do like some american cars(The DeLorean comes to mind) but i mean people think that these cars are the almighty saviors that will lead us to the promised land. they are not. in my high school i lost at our car show because some kid had an el camino that was beat to shit. we both applied to the "Best daily driver category". alright, maybe he had some pull with the judges. i lost "best student car" to a 300M and "Best student import"to a Drag VW ghia that didnt even belong to a student! i lost "Best import" to a Porsche spyder that was absolutely stunning, well deserved award. and when i looked at the yearbook, theyr talking about all the students "clasics"and they are all their parents 50K invested chevy malibu, chevy this, ford that, and that FUCKTARDS 300. that FUCKERS 300 is a "classic" but my car isnt the fact that i didnt win shit didnt piss me off, its that i didnt even get my car in the yearbook that did piss me off. 20 bucks well spent. W/E right? that high school was a craphole anyway.

i have never liked the people involved with american cars. we were talkin about this last sunday at teh sears lot. they have an "i drive a V8 im better than you" mentality. people at predomintantly american shows kept telling me why i didnt have a 350 in my car, it was not pleasant.

i was one the street once, and i saw a 240Z, i could hear the v8 in it, but i honked at him twice, the guy actually looked away when i gave him a thumbs up.

and i told some people i was talking to that i restored classic cars, and when they asked what cars i had i had a 1200 and my dads 510 and one of them said"Oh, those arent real classic cars" with a real know it all attitude

they are just not pleasant people to be around

if you like american cars, i have nothing against you. i am a "to each his own kinda guy" but i dont like the amount of hype these cars get!

its like Halo, incredible ammounts of praise for a mediocre product

if you dont want to read this, or dissagre with me, whatever

its just seems that i am unique in this mentality

:cool:

i also hate rap music

WITH A BURNING PASSION!:mad:

What the hell is 1200? We dont know what that shit is! Datsun510 we know what that is! You need to buy a fucking gun and stick it your mouth and pull the trigger, if you cant pull it, will help you pull it for you. You lived in US this is not Saudi., go back were you fucking came from! You unhappy son of the bitch.:fu:

Soar fucking looser:fu:

You and your 1200 stay home and play with your Xbox:lol::lol::lol::D:blink::eek:

Take care and good luck on your 1200:fu:

Happy now????:fu:

Guest jaimesix
What the hell is 1200? We dont know what that shit is! Datsun510 we know what that is! You need to buy a fucking gun and stick it your mouth and pull the trigger, if you cant pull it, will help you pull it for you. You lived in US this is not Saudi., go back were you fucking came from! You unhappy son of the bitch.:fu:

Soar fucking looser:fu:

You and your 1200 stay home and play with your Xbox:lol::lol::lol::D:blink::eek:

Take care and good luck on your 1200:fu:

Happy now????:fu:

I do not agree with that at all Mr Muscle.

I do not know what 510 is and I do not give a damn about it.

The Datsun 1200 is a cool Datsun, so it is the Datsun 710, the Datsun 610, the Datsun 200SX, the 310, the 210, the 411 , the Datsun "Z"....excuse me, you said 510???

There is more than 510 in the Datsun world, but the ignorant always think that the world is square!

I suggest you did not do your math well, you probably meant 600, or 710. Add 100 or 200 to your numbers.

And I want to add, to Mr Muscle chicken, your first post??? you are probably some coward that could not say things directly, so you opened a new account to spread your stupid 510 superiority complex.

Jaime._____________________________________________________________________

Edited by jaimesix
added on....

I personally like any car that is not hacked. If I can see and apprecaite the fabrication and time put into building it, I dig it. Doesn't matter if it is Chevy, Datsun, Honda...hell even a Yugo.

I do get shit from people for driving an import, but it doesn't bother me because I've realized that it either doesn't matter or that most of those guys are doing it just for fun, and that they don't really care either.

I do not agree with that at all Mr Muscle.

I do not know what 510 is and I do not give a damn about it.

The Datsun 1200 is a cool Datsun, so it is the Datsun 710, the Datsun 610, the Datsun 200SX, the 310, the 210, the 411 , the Datsun "Z"....excuse me, you said 510???

There is more than 510 in the Datsun world, but the ignorant always think that the world is square!

I suggest you did not do your math well, you probably meant 600, or 710. Add 100 or 200 to your numbers.

And I want to add, to Mr Muscle chicken, your first post??? you are probably some coward that could not say things directly, so you opened a new account to spread your stupid 510 superiority complex.

Jaime._____________________________________________________________________

Listen Jaymisix or what ever your fucking sissy name!:fu:

Buy yourself a gun also and stick it your mouth and pull the trigger:fu:

You should all be happy you're here in the America.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::fu: