I think she is running a little warm HELP ME LOL

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At 35 enough air gets pushed through the rad just from driving. Also at that speed you aren't making much heat to begin with. Your electric fan will only come on at lower speeds and waiting at the lights.

Next time it pegs, turn the heater on hi. If the gauge/sender is to be believed the temp should come down.

Rev it up good and watch the bottom rad hose. If it's soft it will collapse from the water pump suction. Replace.

Grasp the water pump pulley and try to move it. There should be no movement in the bearing, only turning. Is it a replacement pump? They are crap and cheaply made.

Check there's no leaves, dirt or plastic bag stuck to the front of the rad.

Check that there is a fan shroud around the fan to increase it's efficiency.

Check the water pump belt is tight and try to turn by hand to check that it isn't glazed and slipping.

Remove rad cap and look at the vertical tubes inside ... are they crusty with deposits?

These are all easy things to do and cost nothing. Most likely thing is a bad thermostat. Don't even bother to test, waste of your time. Get a new one, spend $12 and replace with new gasket. Done, no guess work.

check this video out of mine, i was buzzin at that point an bored (no i didnt drive no where lol) an theres some cussin in there so if ya wanna just mute it an kinda watch i show my gauges.. they're pretty handy.. the oil pressure one saved me BIG TIME once...

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f285/lynch420/?action=view&current=datto2.flv

Edited by lynchfourtwenty

Also you can grab the upper hose when it's at normal temp you should be able to hold on to it for several seconds, then try it when its pegged you will be able to tell if hot is realy hot !

You can also grab mommas pot roast temp probe and hold it on the hose with elec. tape and get out and ck it out. :D

Red Green would be proud (but he would use duct tape):blink:

I bought a hand held unit you point at anything to get the temp one of the handiest new high tech tools, for forty bucks you will be cking the temp of everything for a while :) Including the roast beast :D

Red Green would be proud (but he would use duct tape):blink:

Damn, haven't seen that in a long time...

I bought a hand held unit you point at anything to get the temp one of the handiest new high tech tools, for forty bucks you will be cking the temp of everything for a while :) Including the roast beast :D

Oh yeah, those little laser thermos are handy mother effers. Makes testing catalytic converters a hell of a lot easier.

Oh yeah, on topic, I'd agree with whoever said it and turn on the heater when it goes into the high. easy way of testing if actually running hot while still driving it.