Installing 1995 Civic Seats into 510

jovial_cynic

I managed to pick up a pair of 1995 Honda Civic seats for $25 on craigslist. They've got a little tear on the driver side, but for $25 (plus a little patch foam and material), I think it's a pretty good deal.

20090424_seats_02.jpg

As you can see in the lower-right corner of the above photo, the Civic seats don't have studs that go down into the 510 seat brackets. You have to use nuts and bolts.

20090425_bracket_02.jpg

Since the Civic seat mount points aren't in the same location as the 510, you have to cut off these mount tabs and re-weld them on. Plasma cutter and welder come in handy.

Proper dimensions for 510 seat brackets:

Distance between holes, left to right: 16.25"

Distance between holes, top to bottom: 12.5"

20090425_bracket_01.jpg

The Civic seats have one permenant mount point, so use this one as a reference for your other ones.

20090426_seats_01.jpg

As you can see in this photo, with no modifications other than relocating the mount points, the seats tilt slightly away from the transmission tunnel area. I couldn't notice it while driving, but I discovered it while taking this picture. I advise installing 1/4" shims or something to address that issue, if it's a concern.

20090426_seats_03.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...