hmmm

nismopu

Well I got in this kind of debate with a guy over at hybridz.org and I am not sure what all started it now. I think it had something to do with me saying that L is a series of nissan engines. not sure though, you guys check it out. lemme know! peace.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=118564&page=2

its about halfway down

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont' see why he got so mad about 'L6'

It is true, that L is the engine code like RB, SR. But if you say L then you could also be talking about the 4-cyl L-series. Z guys don't ever think about those, and a lot of 510 guys dont' think about the 6-cyl L-series.

I use the term L6 to distinguish the 6-cyl L-series engine too.

But I had an RB20et and L28et in my garage before. They both looked the same length. If the RB is shorter then it would only be by an inch.

Z forums are weird, I don't really get the point of there conversation.... who cares if its a nissan designation... Its more so everyone knows what you are talking about. I'm I wrong here?

exactly what i was thinking, I just didnt see the point in calling me out on something so trivial. I know l6 is not the engine code but L is a series of nissan engines l6(six cyl) l4(four cyl. There was absolutely no reason what so ever for him to need a break down like that. Oh well, the threads dead for me but I just cant stand anyone being so sure when I know he is obviously not.

Yeah, its not shorter by much at the block but from front pulley to the back of the block it is. I dont have the exact dimensions anymore bu tit was very surprising. Also, if you look at RB installs typically the front dampner is almost behind the front swaybar. peace.

I just read that thread - what a buch of fucking losers!

Fact - there is a SICK ASS L28 TURBO 510 up in Vancouver, B.C.

Fact - there was a RB powered 510 at shasta last year.

Fact - Byron up in BC also has a L2x TURBO 510