Almost ready for 510 rally suspension!

HRH

So today was the painful day. Cleaned the garage. The last two days off I've been improving the lighting substantially. Got the fixtures at habitat for humanity for dirt cheap, score! Wired in 3 new flourescent lights, then went to town cleaning shit. The results are impressive: I can actually fit the 510 in the garage with ample room to work around all sides!!!

And now with the extra light, I won't curse so much from not being able to see. :D

What's worse, I denied the gf sex for cleaning the garage, and got away with it! :D :D It was a hard choice, but I REALLY wanted to finish it tonight so I can start tearing her down after work at night. Plus she was tired anyway. But that's true Ratsun right there!

lotsoroom.jpg

newlights.jpg

newlights2.jpg

leftside.jpg

rightside.jpg

Soon she'll be on jackstands with new control arms, springs, differential, transmission, rear disc brakes, etc. Wheeee!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did suggest grabbing the extension ladder rungs and bending over the car hood as she was getting ready to leave, but unfortunately we take our fun seriously, so a quickie just isn't an option. Have to have a few hours scheduled. :D

Yep, pretty cheap for good quality, you can pick spring rates when you order. I asked for 150 pound springs, and the guy was like, "Yeah, that's going to be too soft." And I said, perfect! It's a rally car. 150 pounds were what the rally springs in the rally 510 package from Nismo were supposed to be. We'll see if I like them, if not, easy to swap out a set of springs!

So now Eleanor (not named after gone in 60 seconds) is in the garage, wheels off, on jackstands, awaiting all sorts of work. And my big motivator was the horrible noise I had at right front. I was thinking caliper, sure enough, I have no pad left on the inner and was lathing the o.e. rotor quite nicely! Just started yesterday, and that was enough to say, ok, no more fun for a bit, time to quit driving.

All this time it's had a great motor, but original everything else, including front pads/rotors. I re-used the wheel cylinders in the rear from the 69 car I cut up that sat in the field for 30 years. :D I know, horrible!

Alright, one full day off and I didn't get crap done! No biggee, got some tree stuff taken care of and changed the oil in the 620. This is what the car looks like now:

wheelsoff.jpg

Going to go at it tomorrow morning, bright and semi-early.

Indeed, I think the first rally I'll be attending will be the Pomeroy rally. Won't make it this year though, hoping to be able to race by next year.

I'll probably have the car done enough (besides the rollcage) to drive it down and volunteer at the Pomeroy rally though. I've gone every year so far. Nice it's so close. Almost took it down this last time, but with the trans needing replacement and the other drivetrain bits still original, she's pretty much stayed an in-town cruiser. This is her turning point, now that I have all the bits to be put on besides a few brake items. But who needs brakes, they just slow you down! :D

I plan on going this year since it's only a 20 minute drive from Clarkston. If you see a Redsun 620 KC w/ the Ratsun.net sticker on het back window, that be mine. Hope to see ya there.

I'll be wearing my red Ratsun shirt to the rally....:D

That must be an HL 510 or something, it doesn't have the correct front end for a PL. But it doesn't look like the HLs I've seen either? Any info on that?

i'm not sure, but now that i look further into it, i see its not a 510.

any ideas?>??

I plan on going this year since it's only a 20 minute drive from Clarkston. If you see a Redsun 620 KC w/ the Ratsun.net sticker on het back window, that be mine. Hope to see ya there.

I'll be wearing my red Ratsun shirt to the rally....:D

Yep, I'll probably be there, though you may or may not see me depending on where I'm working. Though there always is the worker's dinner and awards banquet. I'll be driving one of the three rigs in the sig, not sure which!