Representing Ratsun at Hot Import Nights

zhent

Being over a thousand miles from California there are not a lot of Datsuns in my area. There are two of us here in the middle of Texas that I know daily drive our 510s, but not a lot of others around. (yeah Datsunfreak is up in Ft. Worth)

I have an association with a car show promoter here, so got him to agree to pay half of my entry fee and I'd hand out fliers for him at Hot Import Nights when it came to Austin.

So last week I cleaned the heck out of my wagon, and headed out to the site early on Saturday afternoon, got in and set up, talked to lots of people, handed out a ton of fliers for our next car show down in San Antonio and generally had a good time.

I was the only Datsun in attendance, and one of only four old school cars (Corolla, Celica, VW Bug, and me) on site.

What really got to me was the overwhelming response of the public to my car. There were a lot of folks who just thought the 510 was awesome and a lot of people had stories of when their parents had a Datsun and how hard they were to kill, and what great little cars they were.

Everyone absolutely loved the Rising Sun hood, and a lot of people took photos of only that.

At the end of the night, the Corolla won the "vintage" trophy, and I only took one photo of my own car...

3440253362_48e69f710d.jpg

The flags I was flying: at the front a Datsun logo flag, and the rising sun at the rear.

Edited by zhent
fixing photo
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To start i rilly like the wagon.

I have only owned my datsun for a year and it is a work in progress but i drive it every day, every where i go and i love the little thing.

when i first bout it every one gave me a hard time, the way it looked, the size, the fact that it was a station wagon, the color and to this day they crack jokes but i stand up for my wagon and all 510's.

i am only 19 and this is my fourth car but i will never get rid of my 510, it is by far the best car ive ever owned. i tell every one that when people get their space ships to fly around in the future and they plug them in to charge next to their prius or was that a penis i dont know, :fu: to both of them. I will still be driving my 510 how ever hopefully by then it will be in better condition.