Inland Empire Classic Datsun / JDM Meet

rivdat620

Hey Robert!

Glad to hear from you. I really appreciate today's update. 

You know I really like your meets or I wouldn't travel so far to be there. I'm not complaining about the meet at all, I'm just beefing about the lack of communication and respect for your long distance folks. If we aren't worth keeping us informed...  the message is clear.  

(Just reflecting on your excuses/response ...doesn't texting/calling someone with info for them to make the posts take as much time as it does to simply post them?)

(Did I mention I'm probably twice your age and work civil service with emergency services and El Nino flood prep & recovery? I still have time to post and email.) :angel:

But you got me beat with having 3 kids. Guess I have no excuse to gripe for my 3 hour drive, eh?

Congrats on your long running meet. I support it and hope it lasts another 7 years.

So i guess we expect to see you at the show right.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I'm new to the site and I live in the area. Notinced this is every Sat? Or did I read wrong? Curious as to when the next meet is, I'm in Lake Elsinore so I'm sure it's close enough to go to. Please let me know. Thanks!

EDIT!

Just read the first page and realized it's the third Sat of each month. I guess I'll see you guys next month!

Hey guys I'm new to the site and I live in the area. Notinced this is every Sat? Or did I read wrong? Curious as to when the next meet is, I'm in Lake Elsinore so I'm sure it's close enough to go to. Please let me know. Thanks!

EDIT!

Just read the first page and realized it's the third Sat of each month. I guess I'll see you guys next month!

Every third saturday of the month. and bring that damm truck so we can take a look at it.lol

lol. we will see. I still am not all too confident in the truck making long-ish trips. Don't get me wrong, it's been solid for the last 500 miles, but prior to that, well, having the fucking steering wheel column seperate on you makes you lose confidence FAST. I also don't like taking the truck out later at night. Last thing I want is a blown airbag having me stranded on the 215 in the dark. lol.

one of these days though, I'll take it. I'M Currently more obsessed with driving the wagon.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I should be there to finally meet the locals. Taking the wagon. I say should because front right wheel is making a clunking sound when I tap on the brakes so i gotta check that out. Taking the wife so i might grab dinner and see how Long in allowed out. Lol. So hopefully see you guys soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As most of you may have heard Big Mike of DatsunLand SoCal passed away last month. It happened peacefully at home after a short battle with a few different health issues. Mike was a big part of the Datsun community and his mark will live on through tightly sealed rubber door gaskets and window moldings on Datsun's all over the world. Mike was best known for his strong personality and to some made him tough to deal with and for some it made him the son of a gun you chose to deal with. As with all passing's you may have had positive experiences you remember or for some not so positive memories. For the sake of letting things go and wishing good things for everyone in the end lets keep this a positive memorial. Mikes wife has requested that a short service with his ashes present be done at a Datsun event so he can be surrounded by the cars and people he cared about. In Cooperation with the IE Meet, Chris Breyer with SoCalROC will be leading a short memorial service during the meet as a farewell to one of the Datsun communities own. The point of this post is to spread the word and get as many Datsun's out there to send Mike off in Datsun Family fashion. I will personally have fond memories of Mike and I wish him the best ride possible in the afterlife.

Please Spread The Word!

Saturday May 21, 2016 5:00pm

The IE Datsun Meet

In front of Portillo's Hot Dogs

12840 Day Street, Moreno Valley, CA 92553

• Like 1

This is a nice notice. I'll be there.

I saw Mike at a lot of ER Swaps in LA. Talked to him on a number of occasions and bought parts from him there. And I happened to run into him at the same motel I stayed at for the Canby OR event  a couple times. Was he a So Cal Inland Empire resident?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...