Inland Empire Classic Datsun / JDM Meet

rivdat620

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick-rat

Still a pussy I see. Don't have the 620, yes it was wrecked. Now I have a 521, but no one expects it to be driven, so I am now looking for a trailer to move it around.

I have a trailer but, I will take it, and provide a left over raffle ticket I need the title I will drive it next week, honestly I will take it if it that big of issue ......... If u want money that's fine too just don't get greedy Rick

• 4 weeks later...

See ya'll there!!

Syke...... :P

.....one of these years I'll show up.....

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey, what's the word? Well this month the word is Halloween at the IE Datsun meet. Let's do it Devilish Datsun style with Decorations,Candy and Costumes! I will be out there sporting some lights and candy and maybe a costume. Hoping to have a fun meet before we get all wrapped up in the holidays. Get your spooky selves out there and let's have a great Halloween Meet!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, but is anybody managing the event or going to show up? The last one I went to was in Nov the same day as the AAA Raceway event. Didn't see any cancellation info posted.  Drove up from SD... there was only 4 cars there for hours.

So the ending of the year is like that. Its Robert's meet and he is 90% of the time there. There is no check in or anything its just a bunch of guys that get together and have a good time. He does a raffle and and sells T-shirts and hats. Nov and Dec is normally slow. Summer the parking lot is full, should be good this month.

Thx Mr BT

I've been to a good number of these events this year and last. Some have been really well attended and worth my drive in from San Diego and a very enjoyable event. I wish there was one this nice close to me.

But in contrast there has also been a fair number where very few folks show up, and those that did were grumbling about not getting any news or knowing the situration. I didn't know if it was on or off after the AAA raceway event, but wanted to hang with other datto folks.   My experience has been there is no posting on Ratsun until the last minute if it the event is happening or not. Then if Robert isn't there the attendance drops dramatically. 

Might I suggest some brief posting by the organizer (or substitue) on the site a 3-4 days days head to generate some chatter of folks who will/might attend, or if they don't feel it to postpone a month? Any communication keeps folks feeling connected and informed and is better than no communication.  Or maybe an email blast to those who sign up? It is only a couple postings or a single email blast. This lackidaisical hit-and-miss communication seems directly related to the diwndling attendance. I'd sure hate to see the event to fade away due to lack of interest.  

Yeah seeker I hear you but this is as you know Roberts show. It's been going on for years now and the turn out for the most part is good. Most people from Diego to Los Angeles know about it and if they show up they show up. I have Been going for some years now and for the most part it's a good turn out. I will be honest though if I lived in Diego I don't know if I would drive but maybe once to three times a year..again it is just more of a gathering it's not a big event.with that said still hope to see you there. I should be there this Saturday.

Well all here is the last minute update! I actually put down the bonbons and paused Days of our lives on the dvr to make time to post this. Actually my 3 kids happen to be busy and my lovely wife allowed me to have one of our free moments we have together to get on and post about the meet which has been on for the last 6 almost 7 years unless rain is inevitable. Oh did I mention that my job is directly related to El Niño and the rain so I have been really busy as you can imagine with the killer El Niño coming. I have asked several times for someone with out three kids to help me with posting and updating but no one has offered to commit. Sorry for my lack of posting but I hope having put on the longest running monthly meet in SoCal gets me some credit?

Ok all, El Niño has spared us! The meet is on tomorrow night! See you there, happy 2016!

Hey Robert!

Glad to hear from you. I really appreciate today's update. 

You know I really like your meets or I wouldn't travel so far to be there. I'm not complaining about the meet at all, I'm just beefing about the lack of communication and respect for your long distance folks. If we aren't worth keeping us informed...  the message is clear.  

(Just reflecting on your excuses/response ...doesn't texting/calling someone with info for them to make the posts take as much time as it does to simply post them?)

(Did I mention I'm probably twice your age and work civil service with emergency services and El Nino flood prep & recovery? I still have time to post and email.) :angel:

But you got me beat with having 3 kids. Guess I have no excuse to gripe for my 3 hour drive, eh?

Congrats on your long running meet. I support it and hope it lasts another 7 years.