I will post pics of my L20b but for now here are a few from my s-10 pkup. I had it bored 30 over but the rest is stock. I don't have any pics from the tranny i installed. The tranny i found had only 38000 mi, but it was a 97 and my truck is a 95. Not supposed to work. Electronics, size and a different velocity sensor.....so i used the solenoids and wiring harness from my 95 tranny, changes the connector on the velocity sensor (its just a magnetic pickup that counts teeth, same amount of teeth on tail-shaft of each one)...and used an aftermarket transmission mount with slight modification and the tail-shaft was about 3/4 of an inch further forward which was handled by the sliding yoke. I inadvertently left off the catalytic converter:eek:...this engine and tranny make some serious HP and torque. Shifts out great. I couldn't be happier, especially after everyone said the transmission would not work with the computer or fit properly in the truck.

It's almost a bolt in without modification assem

th_DSCF0280.jpg

th_DSCF0279.jpg

keep your stuff labeled and together in a organized way.

th_DSCF0288-1.jpg

th_DSCF0287.jpg

back from the machine shop, bored 30 over and cleaned up.

th_DSCF0291-1.jpg

Getting it together....

I will document my L20b when i get going on it. I still havent decided whether to try the frankenstien motor (stroker)...i like torque:).

Edited by kgrantkey
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No no...I'm not going to put a v6 in my Lil Hustler. Im going with a L20b, but I may use a crank out of a z24 or z22 to give it a longer stroke. Then again if I use a set of headers, the better head for the L20b ported and a Weber carb it should be a tight, reliable truck.

If I were to get crazy I have a 95 J30 infinity that has the same motor as a 300zx. But I'm more interested in having a good solid truck that will last forever.....so L20b with a 4 speed. If I get radical it will be to install front disk brakes on the 78 Lil'Husler. (i wish that was an easy makeover):(

• 4 weeks later...