Considering selling my silver 510

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been considering selling my silver car, and I've been a little more serious recently. I haven't driven it since... November or so? Nothing wrong with it, just been in the way. I don't have a garage to park it in any more and no parking brake so I can't park it on my hilly street. At the moment it is stored about 20 mins from my house under a studio.

I've had my fun with it but I think it is time it moved on to some one else who will put it to good use. Sure i'll likely regret selling it but for the moment it seems like the thing to do.

1971 Datsun 510 2dr

Made: 5/70

Clean Oregon Title

Engine

L20b

219 SSS head

Round top SU carburators (rebuilt by Ztherapy)

Electronic Distributor

Stock exhaust manafold coated in Thermodyne inside and out

(Has high compression and requires premium fuel. I have tried to get more detailed information about some of the internals from the previous owner but it is sort of a mystery. Likely using a L20 cam and flat top L18 Pistons)

Drivetrain

720 Pickup 5speed (installed a year ago, had it gone though by a transmission shop)

Limited slip differential with low gearing. (I don't know the ratio at the moment, it was installed by the previous owner. It is likely a 4.11)

Suspension

280ZX front struts and brakes

Rear disc brake conversion using 200SX rotors and Maxima calipers

Cut Dodge D50 front springs on the rear

KYB GR-2 shocks

KYB Strut inserts

Ground control front coilovers (150lb springs)

Quickor Rear sway bar

Slotted rear crossmember

1969 510 Front crossmember

DAMB Bumpsteer spacers

New MOOG tie rods

New MOOG ball joints

Thick front sway bar

New Idler arm Bushing

T/C rod kit

Savage washers

Interior

Installed clean stock door panels

Subaru WRX front seats

Upholstered rear seat to match fronts

Coat of ZeroRust on the floors

Sound proofing on floors, fire wall and quarter panels

MB Quartz Front kick panel speakers

6x9 spears on the rear shelf

350Z air vents

New carpet in the cabin and trunk.

New chipboard panels in trunk (usually destroyed after 30 years)

Misc

H1 / H4 head light conversion with PIAA bulbs

Many parts were sand blasted and recoated with a Yellow and Silver Zinc giving them a brand new factory look.

Grill and Bezzles powder coated (been on for 2 1/2 years and hasn't chipped once)

All trim pieces are clean an straight (always put on the cleanest pieces I could find)

NOS Euro front marker lights

White needle gauge cluster with tach.

That is all I can think of at the moment but should cover pretty much everything. Most of the work was either done by Kelvin Dietz himself or under the supervision of Kelvin (the builder of the blue VG30 car known as Smurf). Any shops the car went to were shops I chose because they had experience with Datsuns and did quality work.

Over all the only bad things about the car are some rust holes on the inner panels under the car near where the rear cross member mounts. I have treated the rust with Ospho covered it with ZeroRust and then covered the hole with gorilla duct tape (weather proof to prevent any further rust) then covered the tape with spray on bedliner. The only other thing is there is a minor crack in the dash pad. Other than that the car is in great shape. All other rust has been taken care of or panels were replaced. There are some small paint blemishes but it is to be expected with 10+ year old paint.

Price wise.. I was thinking $9500. Willing to remove some stuff to lower the price.. like the Enkei wheels and the euro marker lights..tach..

Any more info about the build and detailed pictures can be found at my website www.dat510.com.

oh yeah and pics:

DSC09102.jpg

DSC09109.jpg

DSC09113.jpg

DSC09116.jpg

DSC09121.jpg

DSC09135.jpg

So yeah, its won some awards at canby and shasta, its been in the DQ calendar a few times and one pic in nissan sport magazine but I won't waste time detailing that. :P

A few more things for full disclosure: it does have a small leak from the trans area, I've had it looked over and can't locate where its coming from. Has minor drain on the battery, but because I rarely drove it, that became an issue. Also in the pictures it shows an orange lens on the euro lights. I have the euro lenses put away and run these customized orange lenses for a different look.

Hola Gensaiken. I am interested in your car. Was it originally turquoise blue?... it looks like maybe it was from your pix (the reason I ask is that my first car, a 1969 510 that I owned back in the 70s was that color). I would likely be repainting yours back to its original (if that was the original color). Nostalgia is a powerful thing. Moving on. Ok, ... is it a Subaru LSD and have you determined the ratio? Do you have pix of the undercarriage? You apparently addressed the rust but note one spot that did not get your attention. Why? What type of power does that L20b+L18+dual Mikunos engine setup make? Has it been dyno'd? What is the mileage since it was gone through and, in your opinion, give a rating of overall reliability for driving on the open road? I am looking for a well executed and non-racerboy 510 that has been tastefully modded and can be used on weekend road outtings / rallyes, California Melee, Snowball Rally, Targa etc etc. Possible periodic track days and whatnot. Your car seems to fit that bill. Can you email me with a phone number so we can talk about the car? (L2Larsen at Mac dotcom). I live in the SF Bay area but will be traveling to Bend for a fishing trip in about a month. Maybe we can work something out... meet in Mt. Shasta or whatever. Give me a shout. Yours is a Beautiful 510.... you should be proud. ciao, Lance

• 3 months later...

I've been considering selling my silver car, and I've been a little more serious recently. I haven't driven it since... November or so? Nothing wrong with it, just been in the way. I don't have a garage to park it in any more and no parking brake so I can't park it on my hilly street. At the moment it is stored about 20 mins from my house under a studio.

I've had my fun with it but I think it is time it moved on to some one else who will put it to good use. Sure i'll likely regret selling it but for the moment it seems like the thing to do.

1971 Datsun 510 2dr

Made: 5/70

Clean Oregon Title

Engine

L20b

219 SSS head

Round top SU carburators (rebuilt by Ztherapy)

Electronic Distributor

Stock exhaust manafold coated in Thermodyne inside and out

(Has high compression and requires premium fuel. I have tried to get more detailed information about some of the internals from the previous owner but it is sort of a mystery. Likely using a L20 cam and flat top L18 Pistons)

Drivetrain

720 Pickup 5speed (installed a year ago, had it gone though by a transmission shop)

Limited slip differential with low gearing. (I don't know the ratio at the moment, it was installed by the previous owner. It is likely a 4.11)

Suspension

280ZX front struts and brakes

Rear disc brake conversion using 200SX rotors and Maxima calipers

Cut Dodge D50 front springs on the rear

KYB GR-2 shocks

KYB Strut inserts

Ground control front coilovers (150lb springs)

Quickor Rear sway bar

Slotted rear crossmember

1969 510 Front crossmember

DAMB Bumpsteer spacers

New MOOG tie rods

New MOOG ball joints

Thick front sway bar

New Idler arm Bushing

T/C rod kit

Savage washers

Interior

Installed clean stock door panels

Subaru WRX front seats

Upholstered rear seat to match fronts

Coat of ZeroRust on the floors

Sound proofing on floors, fire wall and quarter panels

MB Quartz Front kick panel speakers

6x9 spears on the rear shelf

350Z air vents

New carpet in the cabin and trunk.

New chipboard panels in trunk (usually destroyed after 30 years)

Misc

H1 / H4 head light conversion with PIAA bulbs

Many parts were sand blasted and recoated with a Yellow and Silver Zinc giving them a brand new factory look.

Grill and Bezzles powder coated (been on for 2 1/2 years and hasn't chipped once)

All trim pieces are clean an straight (always put on the cleanest pieces I could find)

NOS Euro front marker lights

White needle gauge cluster with tach.

That is all I can think of at the moment but should cover pretty much everything. Most of the work was either done by Kelvin Dietz himself or under the supervision of Kelvin (the builder of the blue VG30 car known as Smurf). Any shops the car went to were shops I chose because they had experience with Datsuns and did quality work.

Over all the only bad things about the car are some rust holes on the inner panels under the car near where the rear cross member mounts. I have treated the rust with Ospho covered it with ZeroRust and then covered the hole with gorilla duct tape (weather proof to prevent any further rust) then covered the tape with spray on bedliner. The only other thing is there is a minor crack in the dash pad. Other than that the car is in great shape. All other rust has been taken care of or panels were replaced. There are some small paint blemishes but it is to be expected with 10+ year old paint.

Price wise.. I was thinking $8500. Willing to remove some stuff to lower the price.. like the Enkei wheels and the euro marker lights..tach..

Any more info about the build and detailed pictures can be found at my website www.dat510.com.

oh yeah and pics:

DSC09102.jpg

DSC09109.jpg

DSC09113.jpg

DSC09116.jpg

DSC09121.jpg

DSC09135.jpg

So yeah, its won some awards at canby and shasta, its been in the DQ calendar a few times and one pic in nissan sport magazine but I won't waste time detailing that. :P

A few more things for full disclosure: it does have a small leak from the trans area, I've had it looked over and can't locate where its coming from. Has minor drain on the battery, but because I rarely drove it, that became an issue. Also in the pictures it shows an orange lens on the euro lights. I have the euro lenses put away and run these customized orange lenses for a different look.

Once in a great while a car come along that deserves the price asked for it.

Boys, if you are thinking of selling a car, this is the way a 'for sale' ad should look.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Once in a great while a car come along that deserves the price asked for it.

Boys, if you are thinking of selling a car, this is the way a 'for sale' ad should look.

its okayfine :w00t: :rofl: :sneaky:

my buddy Bryan just turned me onto this, this is exactly what Im looking for.

Dont know how much of a trade your looking for, but i have a 1979 911 SC with a fresh rebuild I'd trade straight across if its in the same shape as the pics! :)

66740082.png

Is this an old thread or is this car still available?

I'm very interested

call me if possible 337-230-7694

I'm in Louisiana. Would you be willing to ship?

And no i'm NOT a scammer, i'm just getting into the 510 game and i'm very interested in your car if it is still available.

thanks

Sorry for the delayed response. I tried to get it to send me an email if I got a reply and received nothing. Thought no one was interested. :lol: I guess it is too late to subscribe to the thread?

Anways, I'll be responding to those interested this evening when I get some time.

• 8 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.