old dirty mx32

So, just got this a few minutes ago, so sorry for the bad pics.

It's a 78 mx32 cressida. I decided against putting the 7mgte into the x7 because I want to keep it more a reliable daily, and as soon as I turbo it, that's no longer going to be an option, lol. So I traded my turbo supra parts car for this today :D. Runs and drives, title, a tiny bit of body damage, and a few missing interior parts, but overall a nice car!! Suspension is 100% blown, lol.

Plans are unclear, just couldnt pass up the deal :D.

x3andx7pic.jpg

x32firstpic.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, got a chance to take some better pics in the day, and get a better look at the car myself. It runs awesome, very cold blooded but once it warms up it runs very well. The driver's side is a mess with all sorts of little dents, and a bout a basketball sized dent on the driver's rear quarter. I also noticed a little tweak in the rear bumper. Everything else is pretty straight really. Some spots are still the original white, and there's about 500 little white primer spots, and a few large areas that are rattle can also. I'm looking at quite a bit of body work to get it ready for paint :P. Oh well, here's some pics!!

btw: anybody know where I can score some jdm all chrome bumpers. The half chrome half rubber bullshit has got to go :P.

x3beginning1.jpg

x3beginning3.jpg

x3beginning2.jpg

x3beginning4.jpg

Thanks for the compliments!

I've got an '85 cressida, so same body style your parents had! They have I6 though. Mine's got like 220k on it, and still runs awesome! Very strong runner, but might be because it was mostly dealer tended a few owners ago :D.

all USDM yota's that got the half chrome bumpers had full chrome (see full retard) every where else in the world (aus, jap, euro).

bout 1980 is when the chrome just up n stopped.

best bet is ebay.aus or http://www.toymods.net/forums/

people in japan and europe want way too much for parts, but aussies want USDM parts so they dont ask as much hoping you'll return the favor.

Scored some new wheels off craigslist today for $100. Hopefully I'll have them all polished/painted/mounted by friday.

15x8 -20 boyds. Guy had them advertised as 15x10's, but they are stamped 15x8, so I got them a few bucks cheaper, still a good deal.

boyds3.jpg

boyds2.jpg

boyds1.jpg

So, I put the boyds on for now. I've got air bags for the rear, but I am still researching a setup for the front. We'll see. For now, I cut the springs a bit more and put the boyds on. Looks sick, but I need to figure out something for that panhard. The left rear corner looks awesome! But the passenger side is hella sunken, lol. So, here's how it sits right now. Next thing is going to be some kind of shortened panhard.

redback.jpg

redrear.jpg

redside.jpg

redgear.jpg