I found my old MT mags...pics !

I stumbled across this thread as it was linked from another thread. Sorry for bringing back an old one. 

I thought it was funny seeing the pics of this old 620 story from Minitruckin. That's actually me installing the stereo system in that truck, as I did for a lot of the Minitruckin' project vehicles, including the editor who wrote this story. My shop was just to the right of this photo. We had three mostly minitruckin shops in a row: the window tinter (and owner of this 620, an accessories shop where that teal 720 is blown apart (to never go back together again), then my car audio/electronics/interior shop. Good times!

Here's a pic from the Minitruckin' shoot. I think it was on the cover, but I don't remember much. I might have it in a box somewhere. 

181096_178231488973844_1395979006_n_zpsu

Kool story Mike..im gonna call the # on that 620 tomorrow just to see if it still works. Ok have a few more. Im trying to keep it Datsun/Nissan related but im seeing so many kool trucks ill be posting them too...
620buildup1.jpg
620build2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stumbled across this thread as it was linked from another thread. Sorry for bringing back an old one. 

I thought it was funny seeing the pics of this old 620 story from Minitruckin. That's actually me installing the stereo system in that truck, as I did for a lot of the Minitruckin' project vehicles, including the editor who wrote this story. My shop was just to the right of this photo. We had three mostly minitruckin shops in a row: the window tinter (and owner of this 620, an accessories shop where that teal 720 is blown apart (to never go back together again), then my car audio/electronics/interior shop. Good times!

Here's a pic from the Minitruckin' shoot. I think it was on the cover, but I don't remember much. I might have it in a box somewhere. 

181096_178231488973844_1395979006_n_zpsu

I bet you have a lot more pictures we would love to see. :cool: 

• Like 1

Since I moved a few months ago, I'm not sure where all my photos are, including ones of my first 620. And I have boxes and boxes of old magazines that I need to look through. 

However, I do have a scan of the cover of my old Toyota (sorry, not Datsun content). 

1896776_434448686685455_362994158_n_zpsc

If it looks vaguely familiar, you may recognize it (sans shell) from this video with it and a bunch of my friends with Nissans and Mazdas. This was the first system that was in it. Later it had a wall of twelve 12"s with 4000 watts total (second highest overall SPL at the first IASCA finals in the unlimited class), and then later a more mild system with ten 12"s and a back seat. That version was featured in AutoSound & Security and Sport Truck Magazine. 

What can I say...80s....

• Like 2