I found my old MT mags...pics !

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya that sound right, because it is the same park that we wnet to Resos at...I do remember one year it was a windy mother B***h, we coukld hardly keep the tents staked down....Man that was a long time ago..Curious to what ever happen to the truck. The guy was very cool.

Well enjoy the weekend and represent the Ratsun community well..see ya in the magazines..........

• Like 1

Yes. That is DEFINATELY Devore. I went across those tracks everyday for 3 years by train. That, actually, is a good "memory" photo.

Where I'm at magazine wise........

Mini Truckin' need

1988/89 Vol. 2 # 1

1988/89 Vol. 2 # 2

1989 Winter Vol. 3 # 1

1989 Spring Vol. 3 # 1

1991 March

1994 January & March

1995 May & October

1996 October

That's all!!! I've got the rest now. This will make a full collection.

Pickup, Van & 4WD

1971 Sept/Oct Vol 1#1

1972 Jan/Feb Vol 1#3

1972 Mar/Apr Vol 1#4

1974 June, July, December

1976 February, Sept, Dec.

1978 Jan, Feb, Apr, May, July, Sept, Oct, Nov.

1979 August Need 18 to have the first 12 years of this magazine. Lots of Datsun road tests, motor tricks and 4X4 conversions in these.

Tailgate

Issues # 28, 31, 35 Only 3 issues to have a full collection!

Street Trucks

Issues # 1, 2, 3, 9, 12, 20, 56, and 68. Only need 8!!!

That's about it. There are another two guys bidding against Me on ebay or last week I would have bought 4 of the 10 Mini Truckin's that I need. If You have any of these available, please let Me know. steroid620@yahoo.com

Mike, I believe I have most or all of those streetrucks issues. I'm not sure if I want to part with them, but maybe we can work something out....trade for some parts or something. My wife would really like me to get them out of the garage! Let me know what they're worth to ya.

-Jason

• Like 1

the vintage cruiser i wonder what ever happened to it its my all time fav 620

trick620xcab.jpg

this is the only picture of that blue xcab I could find. We are taking pitures of cars roliing into the Spring Nationals...if I am not mistaken in was at Lake Perris. and they had a narly set of railroad tracks, the ones that kind of had the hump to them.not flat, major sraping, this is before alll the air bags hydros etc.. early 90s. That is me sitting in my mazda taking pics and my friend across the way in his Fiero GT...

• Like 1

God who knows it probly got sold and ran into the ground, or like some sitting in a garage waiting to be reborn....Was a killer truck...LShould have seen it in person, very cool. it had a tilt bed at this show I got the picture from...Sorry dont have any of my old pictures, just a few hear and there...

• Like 1

If i remember correctly, those wheels were only available in 84-86 and then only on the ST(sport truck?) models. I think it was mostly a trim package and wheels. I have seen a couple of very nice factory steering wheels on the ST models also. Might have been leather, and a little smaller than the standard models.

Jason

• Like 1

Its not black if your talking about the one that you sold me the tranny for. it was white with flames, And there are pics of it all over. it was at canby last year. And it is in the process of being redone, probly wont be done complete until late 08. Money is an issue right now. I am going to try to sell my Lowrider to fund the chop top.

SO if anyone is looking for a featured (lowrider magazine) Isuzu full juice, rodeo front end tropper brakes,(4 wheel disc) custom interior on and on. $5500 well over $20000 invested. 74000 original miles....

juicedpup4.jpg

juicedPup5.jpg

chop2.jpg

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Hey guys, just bringing this post forward. I'm still looking for most of those magazines listed. Help if You've got them available. There are a few changes to that list so let Me know if any of those are lying around in Your way!!! Thanks!

• 8 months later...

My list is shrinking. Not many needed now, but still a few. Any of You guys find any old mags lying around since this last post? Please email Me with Your extras. I pretty much only need very hard to find and rare copies now though. The common or late issues I already have.

On My need list:

Ultra Truck (by Truckin' magazine)

1985 through 1988 issues

Mini Truckin'

1988/89 Vol 2 #1

1988/89 Vol 2 #2

1989 Vol 3 #1

1991 March

Odd issues hit & miss looking for

Pickup, Van & 4WD 1971 through 1979 18 issues

1001 Truck and Van ideas 1975 through 1980 or 81

Travelin' Vans, Pickups and Mini Trucks 1976 through 1979

Street Truckin' 1978 on

Sport Trucking 1980 on

Street Trucks #1, #2, #3 and #9 Have all the rest.

Mini Trucks 1976 on

You might not have ever heard of some of those publications. If You see anything at a swap meet. please pick them up!!! I'll buy them. Thanks!!

steroid620@yahoo.com

Oh yeah.................... This is what a 30+ year collection of EVERY KNOWN magazine with a mini truck photo looks like!!!

magazinecollection.jpg

There are still aproximately 8 to 10 more computer boxes of magazines besides these. That is because the ones I refrence frequently or are scanning are on My bookshelf in plastic organizers. About 5 of the boxes shown are extra magazines that will someday be listed on ebay. My Japanese magazines are elsewhere also in plastic so they are not shown in this photo.

I also own all service manuals and owners manuels as well as about 60 ads and a few brochures. Now you see what keeps Me out of trouble!!!

• Like 1

I have a small collection of Truckin' and Mini Truck magazines that I bought at a yard sale for $1.

1983-1985 Mini Truck

80s and 90s Truckin'

and a few various others (Pickup, Van & 4WD, Hot Rod, etc...)

DSCF0062.jpg

It's a goopd resource for repair procedures and design ideas.

• Like 2

I thought I would take a minute to tell You guys about this project.

First off... A lot of collectors start a collection and become "obnoxious" after a while. I truly hope that I never, ever come across that way to any of You guys. This collection is more than a passion. It is the only way that I know of to preserve HISTORY. Yes, I could say "look what I have" or "I have it and You don't". A lot of collectors get like that. But face it, this is NOT a priceless baseball card or coin collection. They are magazines!! But they are ALL THAT IS LEFT of an era. If somebody doesn't take on this project, future generations will never know what was done with mini trucks. Take the Japanese magazines for example. If I had not began to track them down, purchase them, scan and then post the photos, We would never have known about the "U model", fourdoor trucks and raritys such as the Chevy Luv wagons. History like that. It is My sincere desire to get these magazines, all the memoribilia that I found and saved, and anything else related to what WE LOVE in a secure, safe environment. I am collecting them all to share and pass on to others for years to come ANYTHING that was ever done mini truck-wise. It is a pleasure to share with You all and hopefully I will be able to do so for years to come. Not many have realized the historic aspect of mini trucking so I decided to take it on while magazines are still affordable and available. As this project drews finally to completition, You guys will know that all has been done to preserve years and years as well as the efforts of many that built trucks and enjoyed them. The other aspect is ACCURACY. With what has been found and archived, there is no misconception on who made an accessory, how to spot the difference from others, where they were sold and for how much. This is very important. I hope to never come across as a "wise guy" or a "know it all". I have said in other threads that if I can not verify something giving an issue date and page number if You don't believe My claims, then I will say "I'm not sure" or "I don't know". This is what archiving is all about. Accuracy. Finally, as I have met a few of You in person and on here, It has been very cool to point out what was done long ago. Tracking down old leads and friends from the past has been incredible! Making new friends too! We are very fortuniant to have such a cool hobby! It is up to US ALL to preserve it and make it just as cool for the "newbies" that will want facts and information years from now. So there it is............. did I keep it under a minute??? Talk to You later, I've got to go check the mail!!! ANOTHER MAGAZINE!!!!!

I love My magazines! ! !

See, this is why!!!!!!! Yes, THIS was built in the 70s............ and neither You or I would have ever believed it unless We saw it!! Another magazine find!!!!!

ugly3201.jpg

ugly3202.jpg

Now You can see what You can do to a 320 that is rusted out on the lower body!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
I have a small collection of Truckin' and Mini Truck magazines that I bought at a yard sale for $1.

1983-1985 Mini Truck

80s and 90s Truckin'

and a few various others (Pickup, Van & 4WD, Hot Rod, etc...)

DSCF0062.jpg

It's a goopd resource for repair procedures and design ideas.

Oh shizit weaver.....old nintendo power mags, too cool. my wifes throws out all my mags when i aint lookin the beotch......j/k thats quite a collection of old mags there. 1.00 cant beat that. and is that a 3m grab bag from a nascar race on the shelf too. nope i bet its a respirator bag probably a 07192 or 7193....

Edited by jrock4224
  • Like 1
Mike i may have some of those issues you can have. Let me dig through them & scan some of the pics. Ok how bout a pro street 620 ? from the summer 90 issue...

prostreet620.jpg

prostreet620text.jpg

I would like to make me a one piece front end, but I would still want hood access. I guess I would have to reverse my hood hinges.

• Like 1