I found my old MT mags...pics !

I discovered some old MT mags that i had forgotten about & wanted to scan & post a few pics from them. These are from the summer 90 issue. Ill be posting alot more soon..for the old guys [me included] this is how we used[ & still do] to roll LoL.

blue620.jpg

720.jpg

7202.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mark, I'm glad that You started this thread. Some of You remember that I have been building a collection of every magazine that ever has had a mini truck in it. Specifically Datsuns. But to the rest of You on this website, I still need help filling in a few holes. And the holes are closing up since I last posted a list. I now have complete collections of Truckin', Mini Truck, Street Rodder, Ol Skool Rods, Traditional Rod And Kulture, Hotline News, Car Kulture Deluxe and Rod Action. Those are the COMPLETE collections (Vol 1 to present)!!

Here, though is what I need to fill complete collections of the following mags.............

Mini Truckin"

1988/89 Vol. 2 # 1

1988/89 Vol. 2 # 2

1989 Winter Vol. 3 # 1

1989 Spring Vol. 3 # 1

1991 March

1994 January & March

1995 May & October

1996 October

1997 June

1998 Sept & November

1999 Jan, Apr, May, June, Sept & November

2000 Feb, Mar, & August These 22 are ALL I need to be complete on Mini Truckin' ! !

Street Trucks # 1, 2, 3, 9, 12, 20, 56, & 68 8, That's all I need!!

Tailgate Magazine # 25, 26, 28, 31, 33 & 35 And 6 here!

And lastly. Petersen's Pickups and Mini Trucks #2, #6 and a few scattered in 1982/83. 1984 November, 1985 Mar, May, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, & Dec.

That, folks, is ALL I'm looking for!! Please look around and see if there are any of those issues that You want to sell or trade. This will complete My "museum" of all mini truck coverage. One magazine that I have NOT collected is Lowrider. I know that minis were featured in it but I have been concentrating on these collections first. Thanks (in advance) for Your help!!

Thank You!! You know, about 2 years ago I tracked down the owner/builder and the driver of the truck on http://www.the620.com called Bad JuJu. It actually was pretty easy. He had the sponser painted on the side and when I was in the area I drove up to Whittier and low-and-behold, it was still in the phone book. The wife of Gene Hyde answered the phone and within an hour I had met Him, got My photograph autographed by both and was allowed to use and reproduce 6 of Their photos. Now.............. I wonder if THIS truck is still around? That shop shouldn't be too hard to track down. Maybe it still is in existance. And Bad JuJu????? It was sold about 10 years ago to a guy around Marina Del Ray,Ca. It hasen't surfaced yet. If I had've tried about 3 years earlier to track down Gene, I might have been able to purchase it. And guess who Gene told Me pinstriped Bad JuJu??? None other than Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!! What would that be worth now???

• Like 1

Kool story Mike..im gonna call the # on that 620 tomorrow just to see if it still works. Ok have a few more. Im trying to keep it Datsun/Nissan related but im seeing so many kool trucks ill be posting them too...

620buildup1.jpg

620build2.jpg

check out the chopped 620 !

wge.jpg

• Like 1

Mike, I have all of those streetrucks issues. Not sure if I want to part with them though....my wife would love it if I burned them all or threw them away.;) I've had a subscription to that mag since it first started, the only breaks I have are from when my wife let's the subscription run out.:mad:

It's too bad that nobody makes any of those aftermarket parts that they were putting on that 620 for the project section....door handles, window cranks, etc.:(

That picture of the chopped 620 is an xcab....the show is Bon Ton Vans World greatest event in Bakersville Ca. that was a cool show, it always had at least 1500 + trucks.

The Mini Truckin 620 buildup was a 3 issue build up. And the shitty thing about it was that when the truck was done and all issues where out. It got sold and the truck was in a accident on the way home and was totalled...what a waste...The Banzai Cruisers xcab 620 truck was sweet. I saw it in person at Mini Truck Nationals in Cali... and when I saw it at the show it had a tilt bed. I love lookin back at the good old days. I could post pic but I cant figure out how to down load pics....

• Like 1

Dave your exactly right. I went to 2 of the worlds greatest events back in 93 & 94. I saw the blue 620 @ the MT nats. when it was @ Glen helen park in Devore Ca. in 92 i believe. Sux th e620 build truck was wrecked.

Ok a few more from the Jan 93 issue...

MTnats1.jpg

MTnats2.jpg

• Like 1
Mike, I have all of those streetrucks issues. Not sure if I want to part with them though....my wife would love it if I burned them all or threw them away.;) I've had a subscription to that mag since it first started, the only breaks I have are from when my wife let's the subscription run out.:mad:

It's too bad that nobody makes any of those aftermarket parts that they were putting on that 620 for the project section....door handles, window cranks, etc.:(

actually the make billet window cranks and handels still they are universal but they are still made.. try http://www.fbirides.com/shopping_department.asp?cat_idno=256597

if thats what you are looking for there are other places too..

• Like 1

Go to any hot rod accessory shop and they should have the window cranks, mirrors, arm rest etc. just remember to take a door handle with you so you can compare splines, becasue they do have different size ones. I will tell you this Billet crap isnt cheap. Window cranks, $55, billet mirror, $25, but the adaptor was $30, $35 and you need it...But I will tell in it looks good.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
Hey Mark, I'm glad that You started this thread. Some of You remember that I have been building a collection of every magazine that ever has had a mini truck in it. Specifically Datsuns. But to the rest of You on this website, I still need help filling in a few holes. And the holes are closing up since I last posted a list. I now have complete collections of Truckin', Mini Truck, Street Rodder, Ol Skool Rods, Traditional Rod And Kulture, Hotline News, Car Kulture Deluxe and Rod Action. Those are the COMPLETE collections (Vol 1 to present)!!

Here, though is what I need to fill complete collections of the following mags.............

Mini Truckin"

1988/89 Vol. 2 # 1

1988/89 Vol. 2 # 2

1989 Winter Vol. 3 # 1

1989 Spring Vol. 3 # 1

1991 March

1994 January & March

1995 May & October

1996 October

1997 June

1998 Sept & November

1999 Jan, Apr, May, June, Sept & November

2000 Feb, Mar, & August These 22 are ALL I need to be complete on Mini Truckin' ! !

Street Trucks # 1, 2, 3, 9, 12, 20, 56, & 68 8, That's all I need!!

Tailgate Magazine # 25, 26, 28, 31, 33 & 35 And 6 here!

And lastly. Petersen's Pickups and Mini Trucks #2, #6 and a few scattered in 1982/83. 1984 November, 1985 Mar, May, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, & Dec.

That, folks, is ALL I'm looking for!! Please look around and see if there are any of those issues that You want to sell or trade. This will complete My "museum" of all mini truck coverage. One magazine that I have NOT collected is Lowrider. I know that minis were featured in it but I have been concentrating on these collections first. Thanks (in advance) for Your help!!

Steroid, I just came across an old issue of Minitruckin that you have listed. It is the March 1991 issue. I also came across a issue of Sport Truck Mini Trucks, I can't find a month/date on it. But it says display until october 18, 1994. Mini truck related and i didn't see it listed in the stuff you have.

Then I found an issue of Truckin' from july 1990. It is a 15th anniversary issue that has little captions and pics from past issues. Found a couple that Would be interesting to have better pics scanned and added to a picture gallery here. First is a 620 featured in september 1986 titled red-n-rad. Second is a yellow 620 featured in the january 1988 issue alongside a blue 720.

The next interesting thing that i found was an engine bay pic of a 620? Picture was taken in Eugene, OR at a show. Truck is blue and chrome, Would almost bet money that it is a pic of 1lo620's truck. It is in the december 1995 issue of minitruckin on page 30, top left corner if you are interested in looking at it from your collection.

I sure wish i had a scanner to scan these pics to share with everyone.

Jason

• Like 1
The Banzai Cruisers xcab 620 truck was sweet. I saw it in person at Mini Truck Nationals in Cali... and when I saw it at the show it had a tilt bed. I love lookin back at the good old days. I could post pic but I cant figure out how to down load pics....

trick620xcab.jpg

this is the only picture of that blue xcab I could find. We are taking pitures of cars roliing into the Spring Nationals...if I am not mistaken in was at Lake Perris. and they had a narly set of railroad tracks, the ones that kind of had the hump to them.not flat, major sraping, this is before alll the air bags hydros etc.. early 90s. That is me sitting in my mazda taking pics and my friend across the way in his Fiero GT...

• Like 1