521 Road Trip!!!

Well guys, I am jumpin off the deep end and takin the 521 on a 500 mile round trip up into the mountains of central Idaho.:eek: I will be leavin tomorrow morning and gettin back on Sunday evening. My 16 year old nephew will be goin with:cool:.

Little nervous bout this trip. This is the first time I have had her out of state, let alone outta town! She has 700 miles on rebuilt L16. This will be a good test.

Its been about 6 years since I took a road trip in a Datsun, but the memories never fade, ya know?

I will be taking the camera along and will be getting some pics of Lil blue along the Payette River and in the big city of Boise:D:

cp1_0402091310a.jpg

cp1_0402091310.jpg

I did install new tach over the weekend:cool:

cp1_0402091321.jpg

WISH ME A GOOD TRIP!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jayden, lmk how this trip goes man...I am planning a summer trip out to Cali from Colorado with my 11 year old son in our 521. No reason it shouldn't be totaly fun...except the lack of support in the stock bench seat. :blink:The trip would be about 1000 miles each way. :eek:

We will also be bringing a video and regular digi to capture the entire thing...and my 9mm:lol:

I can feel some awesome junkyard stops along the way already!:D:D

The very best to you man...be safe.

:Hey y'all, I am back from my 500 mile 521 road trip over the weekend. It was really awesome!! Lil blue ran great. I got the best fuel mileage ever out of a Datsun, 33mpg!!:eek: We had a lot of freeway miles to do and she did good crankin out 4200 RPM @ 65 mph.:D Of course I have a lot of pics for everybody.:) I will let them do the talking.

Gased up and ready to go

DSC00292.jpg

12 miles, furthest I have ever had her outta town:blink:

DSC00293.jpg

First time hittin the freeway:)

DSC00294.jpg

My nephew Justin, whew, we made it to Ontario.

DSC00296.jpg

Boise traffic. It was cool to see all the looks we got from people in their cookie cutter cars:blink:

DSC00298.jpg

Pee stop along state hwy 55 N of Boise

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

Payette River

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

Our destination, Cascade, Idaho:cool:

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00314.jpg

:cool:Railroad tressle on way home:cool:

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy the pics as much as we enjoyed the trip. The bench seat required a few stops for us to get out and stretch, but it was not too bad. Like I said earlier, lots of city people looked at us like "get that POS outta my way!". I could care less though. My Datsun rules:fu::fu:

I did get quite a few compliments from my friends I was meeting in Idaho. I got the thumbs up from several guys. They all agreed that you don't see too many of these trucks on the road any more and, that it is waayy cool!!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!:)

So glad it went well...yeah, the BENCH SEAT...About that:blink:

I still have a problem with the seat and my az...and my back too. I am trying to find a way to bolster it a bit with padding or creating a lumbar support by rolling up a blanket or something. The trip I am planning will be 20plus hours!

A lumbar pillow helps me out quite a bit. Luckily I don't have very long legs and I can stretch out my left one up and to the left of clutch pedal. We went about 1.5 - 2 hours between stops. When I get new shocks:D all around I think the ride will be little smoother

I am very happy with the way she performed.:fu: Many doubted my sanity:eek: when I told them what I was taking on the trip:lol: