Bought back a 72 521

5 years ago I bought a 1972 521 for my son. He was 11 at the time and I thought we could lower it and fix it up together. I guess he was too young because he showed no interest so I sold it. A few years later he started expressing interest in mini trucks after all so we bought him a 1970 521 for his 16th bday last year. I was a little bummed and wished I had kept the 72 but oh well, at least now we can do what I wanted to do 5 years ago. Then one day a few weeks ago I was searching Craigslist for Datsuns and I ran across a 72 521 for sale locally. Yep, you guessed it, it was the same one I sold 5 years ago, and it was about a mile away from my house! I went to see it and it was the same guy I sold it to. So I bought it back from him for 200 bucks less than he paid me and he has since redid the brakes and got it running. Here are the 2 trucks. The brown one is the 1970.

31590710029_large.jpg

33071010001_large.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. They are both all original. The 72 is bone stock with the original key as well as a rusty spare key my son found attached by a twisted wire in the front fenderwell. I guess the original owner kept it there so he/she wouldn't get locked out. Sweet huh. The 70 is all stock as well but missing the tailgate, back window, and hubcaps.

WOW!! A similar thing happened to me but a buddy found my old truck. Sad ending though, the few owners it had between me trashed it :( I'm glad someone got lucky and got there truck back in good condition :D

Great trucks. Especially for the east coast!

Welcome and thanks for the perfect first post! Pics and location, perfect!

Hopefully you will find this place to be paradise!

Thank you guys so much. Although I am new to this site I am very familiar with forums like this. I used to hang out on Thesamba.com which for those who don't know is the best aircooled VW site on the net. Lots of cool people and helpful info. Just like I am finding here! I lowered my first mini in 1985 so I guess you could say I am old school. My first truck was an 86 720 I bought brand new in 85 and had it lowered before the first week was up! Anyway I look forward to making new friends around here.:cool: