Welcome Sealick

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, it IS rare for a 2.4 liter injected motor to only make 101 hp. :eek: But the Z24 does just that, day in, day out! :D

I won't argue about their reliability, however, I have a co-worker with over 250k on his and it's still going. Throttle body injection is definitely simple, if you could just get past the boat anchor of a head.

Mike, new proposition: You rebuild me an L20 and drive down here with it, and you can have my new rebuilt Z20S that is currently underpowering the 720 4x4! :lol:

Z24i , with Z20e fuel injection and an enriched AFM! :D lol

I bet it backfires and bucks

What about the Stanza? Didn't it have a Z20e or Z22e the first year before it switched to the FWD KA24e?

The first year '82 Stanza was a CA20S carb!! Starting 9'83 it was CA20E.

Try this again.....Thanks for the invite Mike. Hello to all. Apparently it was suggested I need therapy....Datsun issues. Who would of guessed....? Thought I would start here.....being a 12 step program and all....LOL. Anywho....I have many questions.....but first here's a link. If you have a couple of minutes to waste...... Pics and video.....unedited. Bear with me....new sight and all. Thanks............Doug. http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc144/sealick/

Here's the head prep for the 200sx injection. Basically grinding from a mirror.....reflection. Ported to match a stock Z22 head .....which already had the 'room' for the injectors. P7080113.jpg.

Edited by Sealik
The first year '82 Stanza was a CA20S carb!! Starting 9'83 it was CA20E.

I keep thinking that the last gen of the Stanza was the only body style. :D 1987-89 or whatever.

I never see the 83-86 models around. Except for that 4wd Wagon. What a beauty! ;)

• 6 months later...
Ok so I have to ask why the name SEALIK?

Seems I somewhat lost track of this 'discussion'....

Anywho....Sealik is the name of my yellow lab...my faithful 720 driving companion....past tense:( Not too many dogs get the front passenger seat removed to enhance their driving pleasure....lol. 2 of her daughters are now faithfully following the tradition. Good thing all my trucks are KC.:fu:

Update....

......"Well....No. 1 injector was leaking so I changed all the holders and rubber seals. That holder was cracked and missing part of 'itself'.

Came to the conclusion that it was only part of the problem...after I reassembled of course......the injector is leaking.

NFG

Fuken

Anywho....I removed the 'stock' 200sx TB and replaced with a VG30E

Grinded a little out of the plenum to match

Removed the air regulator and plugged the holes....spare crank/vibration bolt fit rather well....lol

Relocated the IAS hose to a 'vacant' part of the intake.

Used the VG30 TPS with the stock 200sx wiring....was a little concerned initially....but it worked.....I think.... Plug &'Play'

Reset the cog in the airbox to 1 (position) CCW....was at 3

Just have to reconfig the mounting of the airbox and replace the injectors.....etc.....etc....

Anyone have good link for the purchase of such....?

Any info or comments on using reconditioned injectors....26 bucks on ebay...but?....."

Pics are on the way....soon as I figure it out..... again.....lol