What a wonderful suprise

Ok as most of yall know Im being deployed.....well we got this weekend off to come home and spend some time with our families.Well my wife wasnt home so what do I do?....Owww yeah spend it with my other wife the Datsun :)

Well I decided to pack up and head to the local junkyards.I found one today that had 2 620 in the yard the man told me they were pretty much trashed.Well I made my way out there and yep they were trashed.I decided to look anyway....well in the bed a good door was laying there so I picked it up and found a broken grille....damn I thought until I flipped it over and I found 4 nicely tucked away chrome head bezels...that in itself made my day.When I didnt think it could get any better I looked in the cab for some random dash pieces and there is was...... a Tach ...instant hard on....So my day of coming home just to spend time with my family ended up kicking ass....I can go on deployment happen now.Owwwww the best part $53.28 for all of it including all the guages.

DSCF1267.jpg

DSCF1268.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My tach was a j/y special. Not only was it for a '73, found in a '74, but the best part was that (back in '97) I got it for $4.95! Talk about hard on... I look at it and still get excited! Great find! Enjoy your weekends like this - it will give you something to think about while out in the dirt.

• 1 month later...
My tach was a j/y special. Not only was it for a '73, found in a '74, but the best part was that (back in '97) I got it for $4.95! Talk about hard on... I look at it and still get excited! Great find! Enjoy your weekends like this - it will give you something to think about while out in the dirt.

The clock was always an option but the tach option wasn't available until the '76 model year. Pre '76 trucks didn't have the wiring for them. Not saying it didn't have it but it must have been installed and wired in.

I got mine for $10! Had to buy the whole dash to get it! :D

Edited by datzenmike
i've hit a few junkyards around GA for 620 stuff and never found a tach. good score. i still have neer found a b210 in a JY yet. pull a part said they had one and it turned out to be a 210 wagon:(

What junkyards have some 620's down there?

I can't find any up here..

I asked some places today if they had any weber 32/36 carbs I needed and they told me all the guys from anderson speedway bought them all.